Shpock/Vinted - worth the effort?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooo okay interesting! I have a lot of designer stuff to sell, I think I have the boxes a lot of things came in and the receipts for a few bits (if i dig them out) I wonder if that'd make a difference, would it to you?. I also don't smoke or have any animals so my clothes don't smell, I hope 😂

Reactions: 1
Has anyone ever sold/brought any designer items on Vinted?
I personally wouldn’t buy anything expensive from Vinted. If the item arrives but it’s not as described, Vinted won’t help out in anyway, you’ll be left to negotiate with the seller, and you’ll probably have to pay return postage, and the buyer protection fee and the original postage charge won’t be refunded.

I’d be more tempted to buy something more expensive on Depop, just because you can use PayPal as a payment method and they can help out if there is an issue with an item!

Reactions: 4
Ooo okay interesting! I have a lot of designer stuff to sell, I think I have the boxes a lot of things came in and the receipts for a few bits (if i dig them out) I wonder if that'd make a difference, would it to you?. I also don't smoke or have any animals so my clothes don't smell, I hope 😂
The thing I find with Vinted is people do not want to pay much for stuff. You don't really have anything to lose by posting it up but make sure you have the postage sorted, as if you sell something for £100 but only put it insured up tp £50 and it goes missing vinted will only give you £50 back.

You might be better on eBay but I think all platforms have their downsides.

Reactions: 5
This is so helpful! Thinking of putting the designer bits on Facebook marketplace so I can do collection and drop off to avoid the potential disputes, and then all my more high streety bits on Vinted. I am sat in work itching to get home and list them all now 😂

• Heart
My partner bought a watch from vinted that should apparently cost a fortune, think he paid £80, he questioned the seller on if it was fake etc. Seller told him no it's genuine, they had inherited it.

It arrived and of course it was fake so my partner reported it, he agreed to pay £40 but the seller never sorted so he didn't have to pay anything.

I sell some things for a decent chunk, not loads but like £100, have had no problems at all with selling or buying. I would say maybe look at the reviews, e.g. I have 30 5* reviews.

I personally would never pay a lot of money for something on Depop/Vinted because so many scammers out there and very difficult to verify an items authenticity. I think the max I would ever pay for something is like £40
There’s a lot of fake Chloe woody tote bags on it at min. You can tell as there’s a button on the inside of the top of the fake bags. I’ve reported loads and they’ve been taken down. I only ever sell on Vinted and I put in my description to pick Royal Mail. You have your certificate of postage for tracking purposes and I think it’s safer than Evri

If you have the original boxes plus receipts you should be able to sell these no problem

Iv had 3 things on vinted that I keep re uploading haha, things get liked and that's it really. Iv spent alot on there though 😅.

• Haha
Iv had 3 things on vinted that I keep re uploading haha, things get liked and that's it really. Iv spent alot on there though 😅.
I think this is one of the reasons I won’t join as I’ll end up buying more than I sell! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Put your price slightly higher than what you want for it. When someone likes it, send them an offer price. That’s how I sell all my stuff

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone else find people are quite slow to post things? I like to be quick max within 48 hours. I bought something on Friday, fair enough for it to be posted on Monday but still nothing. The label was created on Monday but it's not been dropped of yet. Maybe I am just impatient.

Wish you didn’t need a bloody printer for Vinted, I have to go to my local library ages away :)

Anyone else find people are quite slow to post things? I like to be quick max within 48 hours. I bought something on Friday, fair enough for it to be posted on Monday but still nothing. The label was created on Monday but it's not been dropped of yet. Maybe I am just impatient.
I emailed them earlier because things I had posted a few days ago were still showing as not sent and I was worried it’d effect payment. They came back with this, could be a similar reason for you
B4D79AF6-F0BF-48D3-86A5-F1967AF5739F.png

I emailed them earlier because things I had posted a few days ago were still showing as not sent and I was worried it’d effect payment. They came back with this, could be a similar reason for you View attachment 1275770
Interesting, I have also tracked it with Ervi and they state they are still waiting for the item but who knows they are pretty useless to.

Wish you didn’t need a bloody printer for Vinted, I have to go to my local library ages away :)
Take Ervi off and use Yodal/RM, you don't need a printer for them.

Interesting, I have also tracked it with Ervi and they state they are still waiting for the item but who knows they are pretty useless to.

Take Ervi off and use Yodal/RM, you don't need a printer for them.
Ah thanks- limits buyers’ options but why cares, I’d never choose evri as they’re so useless :)

I’m after some advice about Vinted. I listed my first ever item - new Nike Air Force 1 trainers. Selling as I didn’t return them in time and I just never wore them. Anyway, my account has been permanently blocked because they’ve decided I’m selling fakes/it’s a scam?! WTF?! Literally is this how it works if you list a new branded item they just decide it’s fake? I don’t understand. I uploaded lots of photos too.
so far I’m thoroughly unimpressed and annoyed. EBay it is I guess:cautious:

I’m after some advice about Vinted. I listed my first ever item - new Nike Air Force 1 trainers. Selling as I didn’t return them in time and I just never wore them. Anyway, my account has been permanently blocked because they’ve decided I’m selling fakes/it’s a scam?! WTF?! Literally is this how it works if you list a new branded item they just decide it’s fake? I don’t understand. I uploaded lots of photos too.
so far I’m thoroughly unimpressed and annoyed. EBay it is I guess:cautious:
Vinted is awash with scammers at the moment selling trainers/watches etc and sending bottle openers (many posts on vinted forum) then making buyers click that it's all OK to get the money then disappearing (or threatening buyers who wont) so it's potentially because you're new and listed one of the flagged items they've just assumed the same I'd assume here.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Vinted is awash with scammers at the moment selling trainers/watches etc and sending bottle openers (many posts on vinted forum) then making buyers click that it's all OK to get the money then disappearing (or threatening buyers who wont) so it's potentially because you're new and listed one of the flagged items they've just assumed the same I'd assume here.
Oh right ok, thank you. I guess it’s a tough one to police/monitor. I think it’s just the fact it was a straight ban that’s annoyed me! Oh well, I’ve listed on eBay - not a great attempt on Vinted for me. Should have started with clothes I guess!!