Shpock/Vinted - worth the effort?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spring cleaning mode is fully activated this weekend 💨 The only things I’ve managed to get rid of are stuff I wouldn’t give to charity but I’ve done most of downstairs and put away my heavy winter clothes. Still not tried Shpock or Vinted 🙄 I prefer collection and have been selling random stuff around the house I don’t use on Gumtree which has been great, apart from the stupid offers despite saying NO OFFERS in the ad. I have mentally marked clothes that if I don’t wear this summer I will sell.

Postage question.

I've started to sell a few bits on vinted but I'm selecting the custom option for postage at the moment as don't get the option thing - if you pick the sized parcel options given by Vinted, when the buyer pays does Vinted just send you a label or do they still send you money to pay online somewhere?

Postage question.

I've started to sell a few bits on vinted but I'm selecting the custom option for postage at the moment as don't get the option thing - if you pick the sized parcel options given by Vinted, when the buyer pays does Vinted just send you a label or do they still send you money to pay online somewhere?
I think Royal Mail is the only option that doesn't send you a label

I've turned off Royal Mail option on my shipping, prefer being sent a label and not having to wait to get postage charged back and pay them myself up front.

Reactions: 2
Yes, they pay the post as part of the transaction and you get sent a label to download
So when it shows the postage options and Evri is 0.00 does that come from vinted's budget or my sale cost? Not sure why that ones showing as free as all the others have cost options

Oh I’m not sure, I’ve used Hermes/evri or another parcel place…maybe yodel, i don’t know their cost, I just say if it’s small/med etc and they add it to their payment. As above, you pay if it’s RM and get it back. If you buy you just pay the post as part of the fee and I assume Vinted sorts that?
Comes from them so if you sell for £7 you get all of that.

Reactions: 1
I have just discovered Vinted! It could be very bad for my bank balance. Jokes aside, mainly stuff for the children but I've bought stuff I need for myself that I wouldn't have got around to buying because new I'd consider it to expensive.
Going to have a bash at selling on there too. I usually use ebay but things don't sell like they used to. Probably because everyone is on other sites 😆.

I am quite enjoying Vinted. Made about £50 so far (£30 odd still pending) and purchased a couple of bits that I'm still waiting to be posted lol 😆

For those who've had buyers using the Evri option - how long does it take to update tracking? The yodel option seems to update within minutes but I posted the Evri item yesterday afternoon and still telling me to post it lol

Last edited:
Just signed up to vinted, where does everyone buy their packaging to send your parcels?

Just signed up to vinted, where does everyone buy their packaging to send your parcels?
I started using the custom option for Evri but now I select the medium parcel option for most (bar heavier things like shoes/boots) then the buyer buys the postage and vinted send you either the post label or barcode to get printed in a local shop

I just reuse old packaging I’ve been sent or cut up stronger paper bags or even thicker carrier bags…I never buy any new but you can get bags/parcel paper in £land

I definitely misread this ahahaha I reuse too where ive had things delivered or get a roll of parcel paper from home bargains as its only 69p or 79p and its a decent sized roll/thick paper

I am quite enjoying Vinted. Made about £50 so far (£30 odd still pending) and purchased a couple of bits that I'm still waiting to be posted lol 😆

For those who've had buyers using the Evri option - how long does it take to update tracking? The yodel option seems to update within minutes but I posted the Evri item yesterday afternoon and still telling me to post it lol
Evri takes about 24-48 hours initially but is quite quick once its moving.

I'm finding it much better than ebay, made about £60 this weekend.

Evri takes about 24-48 hours initially but is quite quick once its moving.

I'm finding it much better than ebay, made about £60 this weekend.
I've had 2 things I bought update via Evri and both were posted today. Mine is still telling me to ship the item which I did 24 hours ago (Evris own tracking page shows this, just not on vinted) and its actually impossible to speak to Vinted or Mark it as sent lol

I've turned off all Evri shipping options as it doesn't update unless the buyer clicks on tracking, and I've got one reading my messages but not responding/going through the tracking so that'll get cancelled and she will get the item as its on route 😫. Vinted aren't replying to messages either and I have no option on there to manually mark as sent and I posted 3 days ago. This is really frustrating!

I've turned off all Evri shipping options as it doesn't update unless the buyer clicks on tracking, and I've got one reading my messages but not responding/going through the tracking so that'll get cancelled and she will get the item as its on route 😫. Vinted aren't replying to messages either and I have no option on there to manually mark as sent and I posted 3 days ago. This is really frustrating!
It takes about 3 weeks before Vinted with automatically cancel an order.

I’ve never had an issue with Evri tracking, but I do find Yodal much quicker.

It takes about 3 weeks before Vinted with automatically cancel an order.

I’ve never had an issue with Evri tracking, but I do find Yodal much quicker.
I've seen a few others having issues with evri tracking showing on Vinted too. It only seems to trigger if the buyer clicks on the tracking link. Vinted says 5 days for auto cancellation?

I've seen a few others having issues with evri tracking showing on Vinted too. It only seems to trigger if the buyer clicks on the tracking link. Vinted says 5 days for auto cancellation?
The 5 days I think is only if the item hasn’t been sent.

I bought an expensive jacket a few months back, it got stuck with Hermes for a good five/six weeks, Vinted refunded me 3 week after buying it and it just being stuck for over two weeks.

Reactions: 1