Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s asking for opinions on probiotic drops on her stories.

FML. Remember EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE, that MASSIVE PART OF YOUR TRAINING? That thing where the actual scientific data matters more than opinion? I’m not a MW but am an HCP trained in a very similar way and anything like this (supplements and topical things) has me reading the scientific evidence, not deferring to randoms on the ‘net for their opinions 🫤

Reactions: 11
I think it’s something to do with his milk allergy? I don’t know whether they help or not, I haven’t read the evidence 🙃
Didn’t she get a prescription formula for him though and cut out dairy? I don’t think a baby should be having their gut messed around with with anything.

Reactions: 6
Didn’t she get a prescription formula for him though and cut out dairy? I don’t think a baby should be having their gut messed around with with anything.
She did.

I think most of those probiotic supplements are largely useless in that the organisms are either the wrong sort, not diverse enough or quite simply don’t actually survive the journey to the gut but I wholeheartedly agree re mucking about.

As well as being a mum, she also needs to think about being an actively registered HCP (with a code of conduct) when she’s discussing supplements and how that affects her message and level of influence. A lot of her followers will add weight to the things she says and the things she recommends or discusses in relation to pregnancy, birth and baby care because she is a midwife, even if she is just asking about something someone else recommended in passing (like those probiotics). It’s tricky being an ‘out’ HCP on social media (hence why I don’t have public sm profiles !).

Reactions: 10
What the f!!!!! How does a nursery get that messy! The baby isn’t even 6 months or anything and it would’ve been clean and tidy at the start. Clean clothes on the floor of a dump of a room?! This woman is wild thinking she’s showing off normality when it’s actually grim.
Then she posts this… you’d never know about all that pressure you put on yourself Jodes - all you’ve showed was moaning about BF, looking unkempt having not brushed your teeth for days on end and a messy home!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
What the f!!!!! How does a nursery get that messy! The baby isn’t even 6 months or anything and it would’ve been clean and tidy at the start. Clean clothes on the floor of a dump of a room?! This woman is wild thinking she’s showing off normality when it’s actually grim.
Then she posts this… you’d never know about all that pressure you put on yourself Jodes - all you’ve showed was moaning about BF, looking unkempt having not brushed your teeth for days on end and a messy home!
Basically she is a very untidy , scruffy and almost dirty in some areas ! Why would you put a newborns babys clothes on the floor that was clean ? Also why does she stand in her kecks and think it makes her relatable!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She needs to change her account name if she’s going to be posting about prolapses and anal fissures..

His clothes won’t be worth wearing if they're crumpled up in a heap like that.

Reactions: 4
I think she is lost and struggling. She clearly doesn’t get much help from her parents even though they’re next door and despite her responsible job etc, she seems very young in some respects. I didn’t get much help either, but at her age I had 3 children under 3 - the difference being I think I was a lot more mature.

Reactions: 9
She’s too fond of a whinge. It’s all she does all the time. Anyone can set up an Instagram account & get a few followers. It doesn’t mean they are an expert in anything yet this is what they all seem to think. Essay after essay about her experiences, her birth story etc. It’s not info we need or want.

Reactions: 4
She said she has good support and I think Terry is probably amazing. She’s just a martyr, lazy and stubborn.

Reactions: 8
For all my comments about her apparent lack of knowledge around baby care and the post birth days and responsibility around her social media & her profession (which I stand by), the baby blues seem to have hit her hard, I hope she’s not headed for PND. She does come across as very young for her years in many ways, as a PP says.

Reactions: 7
She has said she’s got support, but her Dad is unwell, so aside from Terry, who appears to be fab, I honestly don’t think she’s getting/accepting much help.

Reactions: 3
What a hazard, I hope she doesn't carry the baby around and fall over something! She probably does get help, she just complains about the parts she has to do.

Reactions: 2
I’ve had to unfollow. I only enjoyed her home reno stuff but the stuff she posts about now isn’t what I want to see.

She’s such a martyr in every aspect of her life. Just dye your hair and stfu. You don’t get rewards for doing things a particular way.

Reactions: 5
It comes as no surprise to me now that she had mice. What a disgusting way to live.

• Heart
Tone deaf Jodie strikes again. Moans about her maternity pay, but is booking holidays abroad! She clearly has no idea about the real world and that the majority of the UK are using food banks to survive!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.