Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She took him in the bath with her and Terry was home all along? Why couldn’t she have left the bubs with him whilst she washes? I swear she makes her life difficult intentionally!!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Been reading this thread for a while now whilst I’ve started to switch off to Jodie’s constant moaning of being a new mum. I have a 7 month old, other half works 40+ hours a week in a different city so I feel like I can still remember those early days. Yes they’re bleeping hard but give it a rest. She put a story out to ask advice about formula / breast feeding and although she admitted she knew formula/ combi feeding would be best, she wasn’t going to go ahead to do it just yet. Fine, but why post about it? Who actually cares how you feed your baby. I can’t get over the fact she’s a midwife - I don’t think she would know much about the care of a baby once it’s passed to health visitor granted but midwife’s are all for caring for mum - take your own advice, or don’t, who cares just don’t ramble on about it. Showering, shitting, eating is hard with a newborn and it doesn’t get better as I now know with a crawling 7 month old that I have to strap to something to do one of the above whilst she screams, but I have to do it, to be the better me, for my baby. If she feels like this but has a close support network around her then god forbid if that wasn’t the case.
Also Jodie love, “glamorous mums do this” - who are you referring to?Becoming a mum swallows you and spits you back out before you realise you’re a different person physically and mentally and if you’re somebody who’s watching these influencers act like duck all has happened then more fool you.
Also rather than Terry taking a photo of you and your baby in the bath shitting maybe he can just occupy the baby for a short time so you can have that relaxing bath.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s staring to look like a bit of a martyr.
YES!! It’s like you read my mind!!
Worst case scenario would you not even speak to your midwife coworkers for some advice by now? You’ve literally got a few of them on tap as work friends? Mum friends? Babycentre forums? Netmums? Your own bloody Mum NEXT DOOR?
I don’t get how she is finding this all just so impossible? Even basics? (And I don’t even mean because she’s a midwife!). I will never deny a new baby is hard and your first is like a bit of a sledgehammer to your life but….I’m just stumped with her right now!
Ask for some bleeping help Jodie. People love cuddling babies. Get a mate over to cuddle the baby. Get in the shower. Get a wash. Dry shampoo your hair and shove some basic make up on to freshen yourself up if that’s what it takes?

For those saying the midwife is just there for Mum,
I never found that the case. Other than checking stitches and my womb going back down the midwife was absolutely all about baby, how they were feeding, poops etc.
Maybe it’s different in Scotland? We have our midwife until 10 days post partum then we are moved onto a health visitor

• Heart
Reactions: 8
“Who knew a baby bouncer would buy you time” (or words to that effect) it’s basic common sense love 🤦‍♀️ Why do you think this product exists? It’s a safe cosy place for baby which buys you a couple of minutes to quickly run around like a headless chicken chucking a wash in the machine and shovelling a bit of lunch in your mouth!
Part of my thinks this is all an act for some “relatability”, but it’s coming at the cost of looking utterly, utterly useless.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I dont post about my life on here - but my daughter has a downs syndrome baby he is 4 months now ( proud nana here !) and feeding him and caring for him has been an up hill battle he needed so much support it was scary - but not once did she take to instagram to complain or to cry or to moan - she got on with it ! Jodie should count her effing blessings and get the eff on with it.
sorry if thats harsh but its how i feel - thank christ jodie didnt give birth when i gave birth to mine - because the midwives told you to shut up an get on with it if you cried in hospital

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Part of my thinks this is all an act for some “relatability”, but it’s coming at the cost of looking utterly, utterly useless.
I was just going to say this, because she is asking the most basic questions that even my children would know already!

Did she not speak to her Mum or Mummy friends for words of wisdom or advice before her baby was born, did she not read any expectant books before hand? She says her degree didn’t teach her these things but it’s common sense, and basically she’s either putting it on for relatability/likeability or she genuinely has no common sense.

And I also had care from my midwives after birth, who had the answers to my questions before I was discharged onto the health care visitor. I can only imagine she’s in this line of work for the money, not for the caring aspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I don’t think her mum sounds like a supportive women. It wasn’t long ago Jodie was saying some mean things her mum had said to her while pregnant. I can’t remember what they were but I was surprised.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Jodie’s been reading tattle today 😂
Exactly ! I agree with the other posters - this is all to get her fans to flock to protect her from HONESTY again . She wants to be loved and adored and pitied !
“ guys he tit in the bath on me “ yes jodie we have had kids we know what they do 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 3
She’s probably too tight to buy her own bouncer and is waiting to be *kindly gifted* one!

• Haha
  • Heart
If I wasn’t already a mum I would be terrified about what was to come if I was following her and pregnant with my first baby 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
May I also add… she put up a question box yesterday to ask for best places to go on holiday with a baby.
It doesnt add up - if she was really going through the ringer with the baby, a holiday PLUS all the cluster feeding, no time for herself, crying, no sleep would be hell surely?
she hasn’t got time to shower so how would she pack for her and babe, get in the bloody car (perhaps a plane) and THEN “holiday” 🥴

• Heart
  • Haha
May I also add… she put up a question box yesterday to ask for best places to go on holiday with a baby.
It doesnt add up - if she was really going through the ringer with the baby, a holiday PLUS all the cluster feeding, no time for herself, crying, no sleep would be hell surely?
she hasn’t got time to shower so how would she pack for her and babe, get in the bloody car (perhaps a plane) and THEN “holiday” 🥴
Spot on! But that was her begging for someone to gift her a “family friendly “ holiday

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is what I don’t get. Like wasn’t she moaning about how much maternity pay she’s getting not so long ago? Clearly it’s not so bad if you’re thinking about going abroad.

Plus with the current climate and everything becoming more and more expensive, it just seems so tone deaf to discuss these things to her followers.

Her instagram just doesn’t make any sense anymore either. It’s not shoestring renovation when she’s minted and there’s not been a reno job done in ages?! What kind of account is she trying to be now? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I thought the same. What a weird thing to be thinking about with a 5 week old baby! Never mind the actually thought of going away with a tiny newborn but ALL the stuff you would need to take with you! Holidays with kids isn’t easy least if all a brand new baby who seems to be “hard work” such an odd thing to be planning when she can’t even plan 3 minutes to brush her teeth!

• Heart
I also believe she asks these questions to get a higher engagement so she can show the companies she's blagging freebies from that she has high engagement?? Is that how it works? Look how many people inbox me and comment, give me something for free !

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I dread to think of the questions she’ll ask come holiday time if she hasn’t a clue about the most simple things already!

‘How do I get the baby to Cornwall? Should I use a car seat or can I just sit with him on my lap’

I can just see it now!!!!!!!! 😱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I dread to think of the questions she’ll ask come holiday time if she hasn’t a clue about the most simple things already!

‘How do I get the baby to Cornwall? Should I use a car seat or can I just sit with him on my lap’

I can just see it now!!!!!!!! 😱
Strap him to the roof rack in the bouncer so you can brush your teeth on the move!

• Haha
I will never understand people who come on Instagram daily to moan whinge and complain. She’d put anyone off having a baby.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.