Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She should put her money to better use and hire a cleaner, not splash the cash on balayage and holidays. She’s never been one to keep the house clean, even before pregnancy, but she’ll have mice droppings all under those clean baby clothes. They got into her sofa, so that baby clothes pile would be a snug nest to them.

And she should also put her Instagram to better use and just disable it as it’s not a reno account, it’s a let’s show off my wealth account with a dash of grime and dirt for what she thinks is ‘normality’ and ‘relatablity’. She is anything but recently.

Reactions: 5
Tone deaf Jodie strikes again. Moans about her maternity pay, but is booking holidays abroad! She clearly has no idea about the real world and that the majority of the UK are using food banks to survive!
I just cannot fathom why she even wants to go on holiday when she's been so open and transparent with how much she is struggling at just living her normal day-to-day life with a newborn. Who in their right mind would then think, you know what will make this easier? A holiday. A plane, travel, potential disruptions and delays, no home comforts, that will make this much less stressful.

Reactions: 11
I think she talks a lot of bollocks most of the time.

She’s probably never content either. Her chopping and changing with the house and then wanting to move etc is just her always chasing something else.

Reactions: 7
I just cannot fathom why she even wants to go on holiday when she's been so open and transparent with how much she is struggling at just living her normal day-to-day life with a newborn. Who in their right mind would then think, you know what will make this easier? A holiday. A plane, travel, potential disruptions and delays, no home comforts, that will make this much less stressful.
The fact she’s using fast track to get her baby’s passport done leads me to believe this holiday is right around the corner and she’s booked on an impulse. Hasn’t thought it through at all, will expect moany holiday content to follow soon enough!

Reactions: 11
The fact she’s using fast track to get her baby’s passport done leads me to believe this holiday is right around the corner and she’s booked on an inpulse. Hasn’t thought it through at all, will expect moany holiday content to follow soon enough!
And begging asking for recommendations for baby travel paraphernalia

Reactions: 7
I followed her for the conception content tbh because I’m not interested in her house and was going through my own fertility issues, and I was genuinely very pleased for her that she got pregnant! But since she’s had Dust I just don’t think she thought anything through. I feel like motherhood has hit her like a ton of bricks and the reality of it all has been quite shocking despite her career choice.

The amount of moaning about parenting, life and everything else has turned me off her page a bit. It genuinely depresses me when these influencers become woe-is-me champions. I hate it with a passion actually. If they do it for relatability - it’s not relatable it’s just a bring me down. If they do it cause they mean it? Seek help.

Jodie is no exception to the above.

also this grey hair thing is ridiculous. Just colour your roots a colour as dark as your hair and move on.

Reactions: 12
Why can't she get Terry to watch Dusty when he comes in from work and go tidy her filthy house. That pile of baby clothes gave me the ick 🤢. It'll take about an hour to do a quick tidy and put a wash in, put the clothes in a basket and sit and fold them in front of the TV. I think she's a spoilt brat tbh.

Reactions: 9
What is relatable about baby clothes on the floor? Relatable would be a pile of clothes on the armchair that you've just bought in from the line and plonked there whilst you do your kids tea. Or relatable is a pile of folded clothes that haven't made it to the wardrobe. Or a sink of pans in soak. Most people don't chuck their baby's clothes all over the floor

• Heart
Reactions: 8
No matter how bad things were in the newborn days the baby clothes never went on the floor. Table/sofa/bed there are plenty of surfaces

Reactions: 6
I unfollowed her. She hardly captioned her stories so never had a clue what she was on about but surely the clothes could be dumped in the cot which would be easier to get clothes out of again too! We’re all pushed for time but no need to be gross for the sake of it.

Reactions: 12
Does the baby even have anywhere for his clothes to go? She bought a stupid shelving unit instead of a chest of drawers.

• Heart
Think she is pissed off that i said , on here , i was sick of seeing her flashing all she has . She says this is the content she needs right now - people sharing their post natal bodies .- an shes a midwife 😳🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Even when I have my baby I don’t want to see it or post about it… there’s a difference between “real” content and just tit tbh. And I think people only post these things cause it gets likes not cause they’re actually bothered. My prebaby body wasn’t anything special either, so 😂

I do wish people would stop milking “real” content because they never find the line between relatable and gross

Reactions: 3
Such a fake fake ad. We knew a few days ago that she was faking it but still. The room is a dumping ground so don’t use your baby to push a fake picture.

Sorry was she browsing for baby decor & stumbled across that company or is it a paid ad because it can’t be both. I have to unfollow her before I end up messaging her to duck off. She is so irritating.

Reactions: 9
I unfollowed her. She hardly captioned her stories so never had a clue what she was on about but surely the clothes could be dumped in the cot which would be easier to get clothes out of again too! We’re all pushed for time but no need to be gross for the sake of it.
I unfollowed for this reason too. It’s literally an automatic (and inclusive) option at the top of the screen. Just switch it on!!!

Reactions: 4
She should also put ad right at the start of the caption, so annoying that she doesn't follow asa guidelines

Reactions: 3
I unfollowed for this reason too. It’s literally an automatic (and inclusive) option at the top of the screen. Just switch it on!!!
Tbh the captions that come up as you speak are just as inconvenient, I find myself skipping even if they use those. It’s better to caption with text blocks imo, especially since I don’t want to listen to all of the “ummm”s and wait for the next word to come up.

Just my preference 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.