Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wish she would stop wearing her uniform while out and about especially during a global pandemic.

Removing your name badge doesn't stop the covid or infection risk Jodie, it just highlights that you know you shouldn't be doing it but done it anyway for the sake of a glass pumpkin. 🙈🙈🙈
She’s a community midwife though, she’s always out and about, it’s the nature of her job. I’d get your point if she was wearing scrubs outside after working on a ward all day but apart from clinics she seems to spend most of her time visiting expectant/new mums in their homes. She can’t not wear her uniform in public.

Reactions: 14
The issue is more that it’s advised against. When I worked for the NHS it was to avoid a situation where someone might need medical attention Nd because you’re in uniform you’d could be put in a situation where you were expected to help. Most general public wouldn’t identify that as a community midwife uniform - they just see a uniform.

Reactions: 1
The issue is more that it’s advised against. When I worked for the NHS it was to avoid a situation where someone might need medical attention Nd because you’re in uniform you’d could be put in a situation where you were expected to help. Most general public wouldn’t identify that as a community midwife uniform - they just see a uniform.
You have to wear a uniform outside in community jobs. You can’t get changed at peoples houses 😂

Reactions: 4
She’s a community midwife though, she’s always out and about, it’s the nature of her job. I’d get your point if she was wearing scrubs outside after working on a ward all day but apart from clinics she seems to spend most of her time visiting expectant/new mums in their homes. She can’t not wear her uniform in public.
She isnt in the community anymore . She went back onto the wards

She wasn't on the job, she was at Home Bargains after work.

Reactions: 1
Jeepers, what have I started. OK, so she nipped into a shop in her uniform after she’d clocked off. She shouldn’t have according to the rules and it probably wasn’t wise to post it on Insta. But I work in retail and have served plenty of NHS and care workers with their tunics and IDs on display. I’m not going to vilify them for bending a rule when they’re providing an essential service. If buying a pumpkin lantern thingy makes her happy after the recent stress of her bleeding episodes then let her have this one guys.

Reactions: 10
I dont disagree about her recent tough episodes but at the end of the day ( like you said ) she shouldnt have done it and then to put it on insta was beyond silly- but she knows the rules . You havent started anything dont worry - this isnt a rave thread and im not sure if she has a rave thread ?

Reactions: 2
Shock, she’s been gifted cloth nappies from the company she tagged the other day🙄 She’s gonna be on the beg this whole pregnancy.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Shock, she’s been gifted cloth nappies from the company she tagged the other day🙄 She’s gonna be on the beg this whole pregnancy.
Weirdly, that doesn’t overly bother me as she is usually quite upfront and direct about ads etc.

However… she admits that she will be sharing her views on the nappies with her clients and other midwives; how impartial is she really going to be? I can’t believe that a midwife is allowed to give her personal views on nappies (cloth or otherwise) to her clients. The whole thing reeks of unprofessionalism.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really like Jodie i find her really honest and likeable. However i have recently had a baby and spent a fortune buying all the bits i needed so i find it so frustrating when these companies just give stuff away for free! I can guarantee she will be gifted a pram and cot soon! Its even more annoying when these people who are gifted items can clearly afford to buy them themselves.
I follow a few insta mums and cant believe how much they get sent. The worst is otis.eddison.littlepeas im speechless at the amount of free toys etc she is sent!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Katie718 It irritates the tit out of me that someone who boasts that she puts £500 a month away to save links companies and almost begged for those nappies -

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I really like Jodie i find her really honest and likeable. However i have recently had a baby and spent a fortune buying all the bits i needed so i find it so frustrating when these companies just give stuff away for free! I can guarantee she will be gifted a pram and cot soon! Its even more annoying when these people who are gifted items can clearly afford to buy them themselves.
I follow a few insta mums and cant believe how much they get sent. The worst is otis.eddison.littlepeas im speechless at the amount of free toys etc she is sent!
crystal lily is another one, I don’t think she bought any large baby item for her youngest!
Bugaboo gifted her a pram for her 1st daughter.
Then she had her 2nd daughter and Pramworld gifted her another bugaboo and 5 months later sent her a mamas and papas stroller! Then it’s a gracco swing seat, a snoo smart sleeper, a Moses basket, bassinet, car seat ect. I’d honestly be surprised if she bought anything other than a few items of clothes

she doesn’t have her own thread on here so people must not realise or mind

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Her baby content is boring.. For a midwife I think she’s quite clueless about pregnancy beyond the tick box stuff and is probably in for a huge shock when the baby arrives.

Reactions: 3
duck me how many nappies has she brought! On a budget and worried about pay but £100 on nappies she may not use. & money on new books from Waterstones that the baby can’t read. Funny woman.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.