Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck me how many nappies has she brought! On a budget and worried about pay but £100 on nappies she may not use. & money on new books from Waterstones that the baby can’t read. Funny woman.
To be fair you need about 20 of those cloth nappies to have a rotation when some are in the wash etc, it’s an expensive upfront cost but then they grow with the baby. As you say though most people would try them out first before committing to the cost, a lot of councils do free starter kits for that reason. I agree about the books, those Little People Big Dreams books are purely for show

Reactions: 3
I think she will regret what she wants to do to the hallway. Pregnancy decisions usually end up in a wtf moment and she has them without being pregnant 😂

Reactions: 1
I always think her ideas are odd but it always seems to work. It's amusing me that rather than sorting out the nursery she's faffing around with her hallway

Reactions: 2
I always think her ideas are odd but it always seems to work. It's amusing me that rather than sorting out the nursery she's faffing around with her hallway
I think they already done the nursery before she had her loss.

It’s pretty much done.. it’s fully decorated anyway. She said they just need a wardrobe and then a cot but I can’t see her rushing to buy one.

Baby will be in their room for first 6 months anyway. No reason to rush the nursery.
We all know that but everyone still rushes to do the nursery 😂 it's hard to decorate when you have a six month old.
I didn't realise they were keeping the decor in the spare room. Fair enough crack on with your pink hallway Jodie

I didn't realise they were keeping the decor in the spare room. Fair enough crack on with your pink hallway Jodie
It was decorated for the room to be a nursery when she was pregnant last time. They just hadn’t made the news public but she did say it when she was talking about their loss.

I feel like her stories today have addressed all my tattles. I feel seen 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
She’s really pissed me off this morning. It’s their fault they’ve been hit with a big bill.
To now be going on about how big their DD will be and how it’ll go up even more because of the “energy crisis”.
They are both on good salaries and can clearly afford it if they can save so much.
What about the people who are on minimum wage or benefits who can’t afford their energy bill just now never mind come April? Stop being so bloody self obsessed.
If you want to highlight what’s happening then have a bit of empathy with the people who it will actually have a potentially catastrophic effect on.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s really pissed me off this morning. It’s their fault they’ve been hit with a big bill.
To now be going on about how big their DD will be and how it’ll go up even more because of the “energy crisis”.
They are both on good salaries and can clearly afford it if they can save so much.
What about the people who are on minimum wage or benefits who can’t afford their energy bill just now never mind come April? Stop being so bloody self obsessed.
If you want to highlight what’s happening then have a bit of empathy with the people who it will actually have a potentially catastrophic effect on.
All of this. Especially when you've been paying £80 per month which is clearly not enough and was never going to be enough.

I can sympathise with working out something yourself and it being wrong and then being stung and being upset at *yourself* BUT they’ve admitted not submitting readings, it’s only been so cheap because you’ve not been telling your energy provider your usage so far and now you have that usage/spend has caught up.
I’d say 115 per month for gas and electric is far more accurate for a house that size (in fact I still think that’s bloody lucky to still be so cheap, speaking as someone’s who was paying similar with monthly readings and who’s energy company has been one of those to go bust) than naively thinking you were only £80 per month.

You can’t blame that on the energy crisis!

Reactions: 7
She's also in the position to pay the overspend from savings so she really is in a better position than most.

It must have been a sting for her though so I do symphasise.

She's also in the position to pay the overspend from savings so she really is in a better position than most.

It must have been a sting for her though so I do symphasise.
I do *to a point*
If you were to turn that thought process round though, had you actually been submitting readings on a regular basis your energy bill would be more accurate, your direct debit would actually be more anyway therefore you wouldn’t have as much money to save in the first place

Reactions: 4
Does an Ad then several stories later a post about the bill… she needs to stop and accept the privilege of making ££ from posting 3 Instagram stories that more than likely covers a large chunk of that.

notice Instagram earnings weren’t on her budget 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does an Ad then several stories later a post about the bill… she needs to stop and accept the privilege of making ££ from posting 3 Instagram stories that more than likely covers a large chunk of that.

notice Instagram earnings weren’t on her budget 👀

Well yes not everyone can pay their energy bill with a quick ad about Readly.

Obviously a shock but meter readings are really important. Saying that I’m with Eon now and they’ve never asked me to provide a meter reading… I do it pretty often (so maybe that’s why) and if you log in it says which date it’s due but with previous companies I would get emails asking to provide one.

P.s I spend a lot less than £80 per month (couple in a small 2 bed house) so I don’t think £80 is crazy low.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.