Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say I do agree with the previous comments re the TTC journey. Remember from Babycentre days how obsessed TTC boards could be.

My heart does genuinely go out to her, I’ve had an MMC after a perfectly straightforward 1st pregnancy, before going onto have my 2nd child....so I get the head space of ‘why didn’t my body just work how it should work?’.
But I also think to myself she’s still in 20s, give it a bit of time and nature will hopefully just take its course. Shag your partner pretty repeatedly until you have success.
Of course if a certain period of time has passed and still no joy then by all means seek out help. But currently I think she’s making herself more anxious and stressed.

Must be hard in her line of work though, maybe it stems more from forever being around pregnant ladies and babies than anything else?

If she were my friend I’d probably have said maybe she needs to take some time of work from stress
Suppose I have a different angle and maybe not entirely similar but my friend was concerned why she hadnt had any pregnancy scares with her partner after two years no contraception and I dismissed her, she was about 28 years old. She went to the doctors and got tests (I remember at the time saying she was wasting nhs resources as they had t been fully trying) turns out there are 4 things wrong with his sperm. She pushed and pushed and is now due in 4 weeks with an ivf baby.
If I had continued to tell her to relax she wouldn’t be having her baby so soon.
Like I say, not entirely similar as Jodie did manage to conceive once but maybe you gotta let people do what they feel is best for them 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I think her reaction is entirely understandable and something I did too. I had a missed miscarriage at 20 weeks with my second baby and felt such a lack of control over the situation that when it came to trying again, all I could do to keep myself from going mad was to take charge of the things I could control. It gave me structure, routine and something else
To focus on other than “what if it happens again”.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think her reaction is entirely understandable and something I did too. I had a missed miscarriage at 20 weeks with my second baby and felt such a lack of control over the situation that when it came to trying again, all I could do to keep myself from going mad was to take charge of the things I could control. It gave me structure, routine and something else
To focus on other than “what if it happens again”.
Fair point - I didn't see it from that point view. I'm sorry for your loss and thank you for educating me

Took me 100 years to conceive. Well 3 for my first and then only six months for my second. The best thing she can do is have her hormone levels tested and his sperm. They won't usually do this on the NHS until you've been trying for at least a year, sometimes 2 depending on age so I totally get her wanting to do something to try and speed it all up tbh.
I just want to see renovations. Sorry.

• Heart
I'm pleased for her. But is this it now, no more renovations. Cuz I'm off if so. 😊

Wow her monthly budget. High mortgage but looks like they don't have any car finance. I love that she shows her finances like that. I think it's the nosey side of me haha.

Reactions: 3
She pleads on like she’s skint most of the time but they can save £1k a month 🙄 No wonder they can when she’s popping to her parents for two slices of bread and a tin of beans 🤣🤣

She’s boring now.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Don’t get me wrong, I quite like her, but the money thing annoys me! She’s on the same wage bracket as me (except she gets London weighting so gets slightly more) and no way I can afford to save that much. And it’s just me and my partner! What am I doing wrong. 😂🤔

Reactions: 6
I do wish she would stop wearing her uniform while out and about especially during a global pandemic.

Removing your name badge doesn't stop the covid or infection risk Jodie, it just highlights that you know you shouldn't be doing it but done it anyway for the sake of a glass pumpkin. 🙈🙈🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Don’t get me wrong, I quite like her, but the money thing annoys me! She’s on the same wage bracket as me (except she gets London weighting so gets slightly more) and no way I can afford to save that much. And it’s just me and my partner! What am I doing wrong. 😂🤔
Same! I’m on a little more than that (not NHS) and likewise, couldn’t afford anything close to that much in savings! Then again, I have a load for my car, life insurance…

I know they shop in Aldi, but £50 a week for their food (and I’m assuming they feed to dog too… unless mum and dad do!) just seems so low. We spent so much more than that!

I’m insanely boring, I know, but I can’t believe they don’t have life insurance! Or pet insurance, for that matter

Reactions: 2
Same! I’m on a little more than that (not NHS) and likewise, couldn’t afford anything close to that much in savings! Then again, I have a load for my car, life insurance…

I know they shop in Aldi, but £50 a week for their food (and I’m assuming they feed to dog too… unless mum and dad do!) just seems so low. We spent so much more than that!

I’m insanely boring, I know, but I can’t believe they don’t have life insurance! Or pet insurance, for that matter
Yes very true!! So many things on their spreadsheet that we have as “standard life things” that they don’t. Maybe that’s where we are going wrong, insuring the dog. ££ 😂

• Haha
Yes very true!! So many things on their spreadsheet that we have as “standard life things” that they don’t. Maybe that’s where we are going wrong, insuring the dog. ££ 😂
If we didn’t insure the cat, we’d have had over £5k in vet bills just this year 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I don’t think they spend as much as they say on food shopping. They’ve never got any food in, she’s always taking stuff from her parents.

I don’t think they spend as much as they say on food shopping. They’ve never got any food in, she’s always taking stuff from her parents.
She admitted the other day she has McDonald's on average 3 x week. Wheres that on the budget?!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.