Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
P.s I spend a lot less than £80 per month (couple in a small 2 bed house) so I don’t think £80 is crazy low.
I pay £60 per month total for elec/gas for a 3 bed house and have never provided a meter reading in 5 years. It’s one of those adult jobs I’ve just never done 😳 This has spurred me on to do it though… right now.

I have a lot of time for Jodie but feel like that latest story is begging for a Stokke chair 😕 she’s a midwife, does she really need to be asking her followers what their must buys are?

Reactions: 5
I have a lot of time for Jodie but feel like that latest story is begging for a Stokke chair 😕 she’s a midwife, does she really need to be asking her followers what their must buys are?
She saves upto and over £500 a month she said - she doesnt need to beg for anything . She is typical of the influencer who wont pay for things if she can beg for them .

Reactions: 4
Not in a hurry to buy things? Nope, you're just going to ask stupid questions so you get things for free! She's over 20 weeks, she should have started buying stuff by now! 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She’s really pissed me off this morning. It’s their fault they’ve been hit with a big bill.
To now be going on about how big their DD will be and how it’ll go up even more because of the “energy crisis”.
They are both on good salaries and can clearly afford it if they can save so much.
What about the people who are on minimum wage or benefits who can’t afford their energy bill just now never mind come April? Stop being so bloody self obsessed.
If you want to highlight what’s happening then have a bit of empathy with the people who it will actually have a potentially catastrophic effect on.
Yep and she will probably be able to pay for it with a #ad #spon 🤣 what about normal people!!!

A stokke high chair is most definitely not an essential item either to be on the beg for. Try for a Pram instead love.

• Haha
Quoting my own post here but her views on Tommee Tippee through “her line of work” prove she doesn’t need to be asking for recommendations! She knows what she needs and what she would prefer not to touch from experience. The cynic in me definitely sees this as a follower engagement exercise to bring in some freebies (no free prep machine coming her way though 🤣)

Reactions: 9
I’d do the same if I could get free stuff to be fair…
I like Jodie but I can’t really relate to her now that shes pregnant and that’s all she talks about. ‘Baby brain’ and ‘when baby comes’ - totally fair enough, but boring to me

Reactions: 2
Quoting my own post here but her views on Tommee Tippee through “her line of work” prove she doesn’t need to be asking for recommendations! She knows what she needs and what she would prefer not to touch from experience. The cynic in me definitely sees this as a follower engagement exercise to bring in some freebies (no free prep machine coming her way though 🤣)
What I don’t understand is why don’t people ask all this shite on Babycentre on a birth board like the good old days?? 🤣
Jodie you literally need the basics like vests and babygrows, muslins, blankets, a place for baby to sleep and some Mam bottles if you hate TT. And a bouncer.
Sorted

Reactions: 5
She must know what she needs. I was pregnant at 18 and knew exactly what to buy for my baby, I sometimes wonder if she’s just dumb with little common sense.

A few days ago she did a story about her maybe having to be redeployed for whatever reason - and she said “ I am being treated like tit and i worked all the way through covid “ and it really pissed me off! She isnt the only one who worked through covid , my family worked through covid . Also she says after and before an AD “ thank you for supporting me “ youre not supporting her you are putting £500 in her bank - you are allowing her to save a fortune when the majority of us cant save £50 a year!

Reactions: 7
I actually really like Jodie but I’ll be so sad if she goes on the beg for baby items

Is it just me or is it insensitive of her to post these baby items straight after making baby and infant loss posts? Yes they donate £1 but maybe some people won’t want to see what they could have been buying during the awareness days?
3A76E7AB-2F0B-4723-A1F9-6FE3D9619721.png
DA71C3FD-8A54-4892-9BC7-A2899035826A.png

She could manage to keep buying baby things but I think the vast majority of women who have suffered a loss will struggle to do the same.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.