Sex Education (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely agree it’s the weakest of the series so far. Not keen on the headteacher, or what they did to Eric and Adam. Ruby and Otis are a million times better than Maeve and Otis. Maeve didn’t get much screen time I feel, and that was for the best. I’m sick of her characters attitude; she treats everyone like tit and has no redeeming qualities. The series was okay but not great.

Reactions: 10
I noticed the actress who plays Maeve hasn't promoted the show on her Instagram like the others have and I've seen comments elsewhere saying she doesn't want to make another series so maybe they'll have her stay in America in the show if it comes back?! But I waited 3 series for her and Otis to get together and I just think it was a let down and they had no chemistry in the kissing scenes!

Reactions: 8
I’m rooting for Mr and Mrs Groff getting back together if there’s another season, it seems like losing everything has made Mr Groff get some perspective.
I quite liked that this season was focused on the entire cast rather than just focusing on Otis and Co.
I can’t look at Mr Hendricks without seeing his character in Ghosts

Reactions: 11
Definitely not a unpopular opinion 😂 everyone I know that's watched it hates her
I do not like the headteacher one bit but the last episode where she speaks to Otis about her struggle (idk how to do a spoiler, so I'm trying to keep it vague) really got me. She took the words right out of my mouth of how it feels to wake up everyday and your body not do what it's supposed too, I didn't cry at anything else but that!!😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The cat thing was totally unnecessary. Both in terms of the visual of it. And the storyline.
I agree. If they wanted that little bit of tiny storyline about the cat dying.. Why can't they just say it died.. Not do it in a silly way

Reactions: 3
I loved this season although maeve and Otis, toxic couple and I’m glad they aren’t together.
Cal/Layla struggle re changing rooms/toilets is a real struggle felt by many teens across the country which is ignored by a refusal to accept trans/non binary folk.

the Groffs, they are my favourite family now and I liked how both Adam and Michael were going through a similar process of discovering hobbies/vocalising feelings etc
I would have lived an episode on them coming together and healing their relationship a little (not ott)

I thought this was confirmed as the last session? Not sure where I heard that though lol

I loved this season although maeve and Otis, toxic couple and I’m glad they aren’t together.
Cal/Layla struggle re changing rooms/toilets is a real struggle felt by many teens across the country which is ignored by a refusal to accept trans/non binary folk.

the Groffs, they are my favourite family now and I liked how both Adam and Michael were going through a similar process of discovering hobbies/vocalising feelings etc
I would have lived an episode on them coming together and healing their relationship a little (not ott)

I thought this was confirmed as the last session? Not sure where I heard that though lol
I don't think it was. Not that I'm aware of anyway. I haven't seen anything about it being the last.
I thought it seemed like they'd left it open for another season

Reactions: 1
It seems like there will be a fourth season but surely that will be the last?

It seems like there will be a fourth season but surely that will be the last?
I hope so, they could round it off nicely. I think shows loose there spark once they get 4+ seasons, so hopefully they don't over do it

I enjoyed it. Beyond baffled by why a school needed investors though? Anyone?

Eric is just so beautiful and ebullient. The actor who plays him is staggeringly beautiful.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it. Beyond baffled by why a school needed investors though? Anyone?

Eric is just so beautiful and ebullient. The actor who plays him is staggeringly beautiful.
A lot of State schools in the UK were at some point funded partly by companies
and became academies
for example a school called ADT was sponsored by the security company

I'm glad it's been renewed, but I really don't want Sex Education to become one of those shows that totally over stay their welcome. Season 4 should be the last since this is the characters last year of school

Reactions: 13
I'm glad it's been renewed, but I really don't want Sex Education to become one of those shows that totally over stay their welcome. Season 4 should be the last since this is the characters last year of school
I agree.

One more series to wrap everything up.

I wonder if Emma who plays Maeve will be in Series 4 though as she has hinted she wouldn't do another one?

I just have to give a shout out to who ever did the casting for Michael and Adam Groff. They aren't related but they are so alike in looks and mannerisms it's scary. Two of my favourite characters.

• Heart
Reactions: 33