Sex And The City & And Just Like That #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had never watched the movies before but I finished the series today so thought I would watch them.

Got a bit of the way through the first one and turned it off… it’s not even remotely like the show and the characters don’t behave anything like themselves 😬 what a shame.
domt even attempt the second would be my advice

Reactions: 7
Omg yes at this thread!

Does anyone know how we’ll be able to access this in the UK? HBO’s streaming service has never been available here 😬
I'd assume sky as that's where most HBO ends up (either sky comedy or sky atlantic) and the friends reunion/ the flight attendant were recent HBO Max and landed on Sky One

God I wish I could unsee the second movie....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I'd assume sky as that's where most HBO ends up (either sky comedy or sky atlantic) and the friends reunion/ the flight attendant were recent HBO Max and landed on Sky One

God I wish I could unsee the second movie....
Thank you! That’s really reassuring, I was worried they’d try to pull some tit where the US get it first but thought in a ~digital world~ surely not?! Will have to pray it’s on nowtv else I’ll have to go rogue 👀

Reactions: 1
Well I loved Carrie, I'm sure she was totally self centred, but I adored her style SJP managed to look so stylish I loved that she wasn't a conventional beauty, I couldn't wait to see what she wore each episode. Hated the films, they weren't as raw as the tv programmes. Samantha was my least favourite, so I'm really not that fussed she's not in it. I think last time I watched it I loved Miranda a lot more than in the beginning. I CANNOT WAIT to watch this.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Berger is absolutely infuriating. My least favourite character ever. I’m on the ep with the carnations/parsley and his ego is just so fragile. It’s so uncomfortable to watch the way he takes his insecurities out on Carrie. 🤮
I love that he calls her out for her crap, including that stupid little teacup hat that she wore on a date.The reason they didn't work as a couple is that they are too similar. Both very needy and insecure, so that they can see through each other. What Big found amusing or endearing in Carrie, Berger recognizes as childish attention seeking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I love that he calls her out for her crap, including that stupid little teacup hat that she wore on a date.The reason they didn't work as a couple is that they are too similar. Both very needy and insecure, so that they can see through each other. What Big found amusing or endearing in Carrie, Berger recognizes as childish attention seeking.
Berger was so childish himself, though. He couldn't handle having a girlfriend who was more successful than him. And come on, a post it note to dump someone?? (That was a brilliant episode though).
On the plus side, he was very pretty, and "he's just not that into you" was quietly brilliant.

Reactions: 13
My most favourite moment in SATC and I know this probably makes me a complete sap is when Charlotte and Harry get back together - the background music, the things they say, Harry, Kirsten Davis’ beautiful crying. Man it gets me every. Damn. Time . It’s a great episode followed by the brilliant post it note episode. And then the Russian comes along and ruins it all

Reactions: 31
My most favourite moment in SATC and I know this probably makes me a complete sap is when Charlotte and Harry get back together - the background music, the things they say, Harry, Kirsten Davis’ beautiful crying. Man it gets me every. Damn. Time . It’s a great episode followed by the brilliant post it note episode. And then the Russian comes along and ruins it all
Agree. I love Charlottes arc from nagging him about his shirt and saying 'do you know what people think when they see us together' all the way to 'I don't care if you ever marry me'

I feel the same way about Miranda and Steve in the laundry room. They're my faves and I still get emotional after about 50 viewings!

Reactions: 16
Sorry if already been said, but just found out that it's all been rescanned to HD and widescreen.

It was filmed in 16:9 so rather than the awful crops that other shows have got when released in HD it's showing extra.

Makes me tempted to watch it all again!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been rewatching it again in anticipation for the new series 😂
Silly Q but are you watching on HBO max?! Have been wanting to subscribe for years, and they apparently have Sesame street on it too so even better, but it doesn’t seem available in the UK at all?!! Now I’ve seen Yel’s post I’m super keen, how exciting?!

Silly Q but are you watching on HBO max?! Have been wanting to subscribe for years, and they apparently have Sesame street on it too so even better, but it doesn’t seem available in the UK at all?!! Now I’ve seen Yel’s post I’m super keen, how exciting?!
I don't think you can get hbo max in the UK as they've done deals with sky for most of their content. So should be on sky Atlantic / now TV.

Anyone got these services to confirm if it's HD there? Doesn't mention it on their site.

Reactions: 2
Hey - just Sky comedy I think. Lucky and cheeky enough to have use of someone’s Skygo and all the series are there. Maybe if you had Now TV?
I’m pacing myself with one episode a day then I listen to a podcast that discusses it 😂

• Heart
Hey - just Sky comedy I think. Lucky and cheeky enough to have use of someone’s Skygo and all the series are there. Maybe if you had Now TV?
I’m pacing myself with one episode a day then I listen to a podcast that discusses it 😂
Omg is that I couldn’t help but wonder with Mike Castle and Elise??? I loved that podcast! There’s another one with this gross annoying couple who over share about their sex lives and dating and it makes me wretch!

Thank you re: Sky! I’ll resub to Now TV :)

Omg is that I couldn’t help but wonder with Mike Castle and Elise??? I loved that podcast! There’s another one with this gross annoying couple who over share about their sex lives and dating and it makes me wretch!

Thank you re: Sky! I’ll resub to Now TV :)
No - had not heard of that one - gonna have to look it up now. I listen to So I Got To Thinking (Juno Dawson) (this isn’t the one you hate, is it? 😂)

• Heart
No - had not heard of that one - gonna have to look it up now. I listen to So I Got To Thinking (Juno Dawson) (this isn’t the one you hate, is it? 😂)
Nooo I don’t think so, I’ve tried to find my one but can’t but they were definitely married and gross! x

• Haha
It looks so good in HD, the film grain adds to it. Apparently they shot it with widescreen in mind, seems odd it took so long to release it. Even the intro looks different now you can see things like a ponytail. Just need the weather to change so j can not feel guilty binge watching 😆

Screenshot_20210912-134635_YouTube.jpg
PSX_20210912_134707.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It looks so good in HD, the film grain adds to it. Apparently they shot it with widescreen in mind, seems odd it took so long to release it. Even the intro looks different now you can see things like a ponytail. Just need the weather to change so j can not feel guilty binge watching 😆

View attachment 759183View attachment 759184
I was literally thinking the other day, I’d love to know where the people around her are now! I really feel this title shot is representative of a whole cross section of society…you’ve got Carrie in pink, standing out, you’ve got the tourists, you have the young fresh pretty career woman on the left, and the mesh wearing handsome young guy on the right 😄 just my thoughts

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.