Sex And The City & And Just Like That #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RIP Willie Garson, it‘s so sad.

Stanford, along with Harry, were the only male characters I liked in the show, and he was my favourite side-character. It sounds like he was a wonderful guy in real life too, and really well loved, there’s been so many sweet tributes from fellow actors.

Stanny was a legend. Feel so sorry for the cast today SJP especially as they seemed to have a real long-lasting bond.
Aww yes, and I know they were acting, but you could see their fondness for each other on screen 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Cant help but wonder how the new series will reference this now, if Big really has died in the series too? Gonna be strange without Sam and Stanford ☹
It really is sad that he's dead. I'm really surprised, his illness was obviously kept secret. It will he interesting to see how they handle this. Was his filming complete? Doesn't seem likely as I read he was filming up to a few days back. I was never a bug fan of Stanford, he always felt like a foil for Carrie. Her gay hest friend who was on the fringes, but just basically a comic sidekick to wheel out every so often. The fact they ended up pairing him with Charlotte's gay friend (sorry cant recall his name) shows how little he was considered. It was also kind of unrealistic when he was given that hot boyfriend who was a dancer, trust me in real life that would be very unlikely given the pecking order in the gay male community. I just found Sranford a joke character, never given much to work with.

Reactions: 2
They knew he was sick when filming so I assume it’s been thought about 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 8
anyone good at lip reading? New video of a picnic scene being filmed below. I think I hear Charlotte say ' it's an affair' and something about Carrie having a midlife crisis and she how she needs to dye her hair 😂

Reactions: 1
anyone good at lip reading? New video of a picnic scene being filmed below. I think I hear Charlotte say ' it's an affair' and something about Carrie having a midlife crisis and she how she needs to dye her hair 😂

Yes I hear that! Charlotte:5 weeks!?? That's an affair, it's not judgement am I not allowed to be surprised.
Couldn't hear the rest but the hair dye comment was directed at Miranda as Carrie is refereeing!

Reactions: 3
I heard...
"It's not an affair!"

and then as she walks off Charlotte yells "Its a mid life crisis, you should have just dyed your hair."

So I'm assuming Miranda confides something that she doesn't class as an affair but Charlotte does.

Oh ffs if Miranda has an affair after what happened in the first movie it really will seem like they're clutching at the straws

Reactions: 13
Yes I hear that! Charlotte:5 weeks!?? That's an affair, it's not judgement am I not allowed to be surprised.
Couldn't hear the rest but the hair dye comment was directed at Miranda as Carrie is refereeing!
ugh I am so annoyed they have done this idea again, remember when miranda was shamed for not doing her bikini line?

Reactions: 6
Ah it's a real shame about Willie Garson. I loved Stanford in the original series. The prom episode is one of my favourites and the storyline where he's dating the guy with a weird doll collection is hilarious.
I hope they do him justice in this reboot. I wasn't a fan of Stanford being paired off with Anthony at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ah it's a real shame about Willie Garson. I loved Stanford in the original series. The prom episode is one of my favourites and the storyline where he's dating the guy with a weird doll collection is hilarious.
I hope they do him justice in this reboot. I wasn't a fan of Stanford being paired off with Anthony at all.
Neither, just seemed like pairing off the two gay characters together. Loved Stanford and it felt like such a let down

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hope they write in that Stanford cheats on Anthony. And gets back together with Marcus abs rush off with him ❤

• Heart
Just read SJP’s dedication to WC and found it very moving. I know that she’s lost another close friend very recently too and I can’t (fortunately) imagine what that must be like. I wonder if they’ll change the scripts now.

• Heart
What a sad loss 💔 I saw some photos of him filming and thought he looked worryingly slim but didn’t know he was ill. How amazing he was able to be part of it so close to the end. I hope they do his character justice with a fitting ending.

Have to say I’m still on the fence about the whole thing. They will have to go a long way to make it better that that atrocity of a sequel in the films! If it’s on par with that it will be bloody painful to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Was just looking at the Just Like That Instagram stories and they have put up a photo of Kristen Davis and honestly I’m shocked each time I see how puffy and weird her face looks nice. It saddens me that beautiful women feel they have to change their appearance to look younger when it just makes them look like a pillow.

Reactions: 18

Yel

Sorry if already posted, but it comes out in HD on blu ray November 15 th - https://shop.warnerbros.co.uk/sex-and-the-city-the-complete-series-blu-ray-1998

Seems like a bit of a bargain for £50 and you can view the scrunchie girl in the intro 😆

I don't think Kristen looks that bad - more just a bit sad with what the pressure does to people.

But Sarah really puts me off smoking, being very thin and tanning. She was looking much more youthful a couple of years ago after she had some tweaks done. Maybe it's all genetic and it's probably unfair, but Kim Cattrell genuinely looks 10 years younger despite being 10 years older.
Screenshot_20211006-104956_YouTube.jpg

• Heart
Sorry if already posted, but it comes out in HD on blu ray November 15 th - https://shop.warnerbros.co.uk/sex-and-the-city-the-complete-series-blu-ray-1998

Seems like a bit of a bargain for £50 and you can view the scrunchie girl in the intro 😆

I don't think Kristen looks that bad - more just a bit sad with what the pressure does to people.

But Sarah really puts me off smoking, being very thin and tanning. She was looking much more youthful a couple of years ago after she had some tweaks done. Maybe it's all genetic and it's probably unfair, but Kim Cantrell genuinely looks 10 years younger despite being 10 years older.
View attachment 796683
I remember Kim Catrall talking about doing the perricone diet which is basically just vegetables and loads of salmon (iirc :ROFLMAO: ) and supposed to be good for your skin. I would love to look that good at her age but I am nowhere near self disciplined enough :ROFLMAO:

Yel

I remember Kim Catrall talking about doing the perricone diet which is basically just vegetables and loads of salmon (iirc :ROFLMAO: ) and supposed to be good for your skin. I would love to look that good at her age but I am nowhere near self disciplined enough :ROFLMAO:
I'd live off her diet for half the time if it meant looking half as good as her. Excuse me while I go Google a veggie perricone diet 😆

I always thought the Sam gets "fat' storyline was Sarah trying to be a witch towards Kim. I'm glad she didn't put on a single lb for it and it all ended up looking ridiculous on whoever's decision it was to run with that.

Good on Kim for negotiating a huge fee to do the movies with what they ended up doing to her character.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.