Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Giftinghell

Chatty Member
Agree about the funeral venue, in my eyes Big was dark greens and reds and leather and smoking rooms…didn’t fit. He was old school, surely he would have thought a pure white art gallery was utterly pretentious “not my style kid” !

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Eureka

VIP Member
Biggest shock for me is that a wife who has been married so long has to ask her husband does he wank?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

LemonPledge

Chatty Member
Watched the first 2 episodes, have put all my thoughts in spoilers:

• I can see why Miranda doesn't listen to Carrie's podcast (there's nothing cute or funny about her co-host masturbating all over Manhattan)
  • I think they're setting up something to happen between Carrie and the podcast producer (the guy behind the glass, they kept showing his reaction to what she was saying)
  • Agree that they're also setting up Miranda being an alcoholic storyline (having a drink to calm your nerves before a new class or delivering a eulogy, or to get through a boring recital does not make you an alcoholic in my opinion.... if she starts swigging beer like Steve's mother then I'll agree)
  • I think there will be a storyline around Rose being trans or non-binary, seeing as they keep trying to shoehorn woke things into the show
  • Charlotte's breaking down crying all the time didn't work when she has a face full of botox / filler and can't properly show emotion
  • I don't think Big would've liked his funeral, it was cold, not elegant
  • Big was very much like his character in the second SATC film - a bit of a boring old man
  • Carrie seemed more upset when the wedding was called off in the first film than when Big died
  • WHY DIDN'T SHE DIAL 911???

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I genuinely feel upset, shouldn’t have such an emotional attachment to these characters but I do! I almost wish I hadn’t watched it

If I do keep watching I think I’ll have to look at it as a separate show completely and not a follow on from the original series. Hate Samantha’s story line, she is the definition of a good friend and deserves better

This made me laugh:
EDAA46DE-180B-4AD7-BD58-9359AFAE3751.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Yel

Chatty Member
I think before this 90% were probably thinking Kim made the right choice, now it must be 99%

SJP if anything has reinforced that "she could have been nicer"

2cnw5zzk53j61.jpg

As if Samantha would leave over an argument and ghost all of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Genuine question - surely in terms of representation it would be better & more authentic to just have non binary people just BE in these settings, without all the fucking incessant hammering on? Like surely it’s only revolutionary and indicative of acceptance if you’ve got non binary Jo over there who is a uni lecturer and there you go. Che doesn’t have anything to speak about other than Che’s own mythology of self (biker club bouncer, standup, every sentence starting with I I I). Is that really a victory for representation? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
In a way I wish Anthony and Stanford getting together in the movie series hadn't happened. I loved their hate in the series 😂 Anthony made a good point (or three)

Charlotte: I really thought you two would hit it off.
Anthony: Why because he’s gay and I’m gay? Charlotte, let me clear something up for you. I’m a nice little package, I got good arms and a high tight ass. I could do a lot better.

• Haha
Now I've not watched it as I don't have Sky but just from reading about it I'm already......
cringing over the masturbation talk/scene
and annoyed at Carrie for not calling an ambulance.
The masturbation scene is so much worse than you can possibly imagine. I always thought Big was quite an enigmatic character - it took us years to learn his name for Christ sake, we didn’t to see a greying Big lube up his hand and start wanking off whilst Carrie watched, I remain disturbed

• Haha
Reactions: 33

blueberriesarenice

just me James and his tiny little dick 😂

what’s everyone’s cringiest moment? For me it’s when Carrie goes to that gay club and comes back to Aidan and he’s sat in the chair and she’s making them weird club/singing noises lol before she goes down on him… or ‘YOU HAVE TO FORGIVE ME’
ughh yeah or what about ”your girl is lovely
Hubble” (while Big is just like :confused:) and the subsequent bit with the horse…. Criiiinge

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Skyeball

Chatty Member
I was disappointed half way through, it's all a bit woke-tastic.
But I am sucked, all the way in? Absofuckinglutely.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
Screenshot_20211210-153901_Instagram.jpg

This is how I want to remember Big
Tall, dark, tan, 5oclock shadow, those lips 💋, killer smile, yea he had a big nose, widows peak and was an asshole of a character but I'd have been crazy about him too 😍😍

• Heart

BonBon27

VIP Member
Samantha’s dialogue was the best.
Loved the exchange when she caught Richards assistant leaving a gift and she was naked.
(From memory so may not be exact…)
“I’m Richards assistant - and I’m gay”
“Well Gay, give a girl a moment”
“May I just say you look amazing!”
“Pilates” (shrugs, smiles)
They should have killed her off, being dead is literally the only reason she wouldn’t be there with them. Suggesting that she threw her toys out of the pram over Carrie not having her as a publicist anymore is insulting to the character! It’s like Alex from Grey’s Anatomy all over again.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm sure the show runners at the time said, celebratory, that they never had to ask the women to diet only the men (actors that played big and Aiden). Struck me as a bit odd.

Are we congratatuting that the women knew they needed to stay in great shape? And happy that men now have to face troublesome standards (in society as a whole)? It seemed to be presented to say how forward thinking the show was.

----

Almost finished my rewatch and totally forgot Miranda's fictional magazine was called tattle tale 😆

PSX_20211018_122618.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Omg I'm on my most hated episode
The one where carrie runs into natasha
"How could anyone hate me so much"
Gee I don't know carrie, maybe because yoy fucked her husband

• Haha
  • Heart

Lady_H

VIP Member
A new black friend for everyone! 🤣
The wokeness is like being hit by a truck. It's all so badly handled. None of it makes any sense and I do feel that there is tokenism in the casting.

I'm sure there could have been a way of gracefully increasing representation, and indeed gently reflecting new attitudes, without making the audience feel like we're all at a staff training session on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. I have enough of those in my day job thanks, I really don't want to have to sit through more of it on SATC of all places.

• Heart