Sex And The City & And Just Like That #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Peak Carrie twattery for me was when she let him buy the apartment, dumped him then expected all her friends to sort it out for her even though she spent 40 grand on shoes. 🙄
I always found Aiden boring tbh, but I agree she treated him awfully, was this when she went to Big and asked for "investment advice" clearly knowing he would just offer to give her the money

Reactions: 20
Peak Carrie twattery for me was when she let him buy the apartment, dumped him then expected all her friends to sort it out for her even though she spent 40 grand on shoes. 🙄
Oh god that was epically awful. She goes to see Charlotte and tries to guilt trip her into giving her the money.

Reactions: 19
Oh god that was epically awful. She goes to see Charlotte and tries to guilt trip her into giving her the money.
and then goes to try on shoes 'for fun' with Miranda.... 'how fun for me!'

Let's be clear though I'm still watching the hell out of AJLT and I'll LOVE it.

Reactions: 15
and then goes to try on shoes 'for fun' with Miranda.... 'how fun for me!'

Let's be clear though I'm still watching the hell out of AJLT and I'll LOVE it.
I will too, inevitably, I am intrigued to see if Carrie will have shown any personal growth

Reactions: 8
I’ve started it from the beginning today (haven’t watched it for years so I can’t remember these early episodes). I’m already annoyed by Carrie 😅 In ep 1 why does she tell Samantha she’s never met Big?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I’ve started it from the beginning today (haven’t watched it for years so I can’t remember these early episodes). I’m already annoyed by Carrie 😅 In ep 1 why does she tell Samantha she’s never met Big?
I did not remember this! (also where are you watching it?)

Reactions: 2
Ye olde DVD! (I did look to see if it was streaming cos it’s such a faff changing the discs 😂 but borrowed the box set in the end)

Ye olde DVD! (I did look to see if it was streaming cos it’s such a faff changing the discs 😂 but borrowed the box set in the end)
I wish I had a dvd player! I bought one last year and it doesn't work with my TV! (side note when I saw "ye olde" I semi though vhs :ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
they're in a bar and Big looks over and waves at Carrie (to which she waves back) and Samantha says: do you know him? and Carrie replies: no, I've never seen him before in my life (or something similar) and then lets Samantha go and make a move on him even though she knows he probably won't be interested!! 👀

• Haha
they're in a bar and Big looks over and waves at Carrie (to which she waves back) and Samantha says: do you know him? and Carrie replies: no, I've never seen him before in my life (or something similar) and then lets Samantha go and make a move on him even though she knows he probably won't be interested!! 👀
I think Carrie says she hasn’t seen / met Big before because they only quickly bumped into each other in the street (when she’s leaving a one night stand thing / condoms fly everywhere from her handbag) before that and didn’t see each other again in the bar scene. He obviously remembers Carrie but she doesn’t remember him, maybe from being flustered with the situation on the street or maybe it’s too dark in the bar to quite make him out. Can’t wait for the new episodes!

Reactions: 3
I think Carrie says she hasn’t seen / met Big before because they only quickly bumped into each other in the street (when she’s leaving a one night stand thing / condoms fly everywhere from her handbag) before that and didn’t see each other again in the bar scene. He obviously remembers Carrie but she doesn’t remember him, maybe from being flustered with the situation on the street or maybe it’s too dark in the bar to quite make him out. Can’t wait for the new episodes!
Sorry that should say until the bar scene* :)

I am re watching at the moment - it’s on NowTV. I am on season 5 though so not long left. I watched it first when I was very young and now watching it at 28 I feel like I can appreciate and relate to it a bit more!

Charlotte and Miranda are definitely my faves. I just love Miranda and Steve together.

• Heart
I just rewatched and listened to the brilliant Sentimental Garbage podcast on it and it made it even better!

Reactions: 1
Berger is absolutely infuriating. My least favourite character ever. I’m on the ep with the carnations/parsley and his ego is just so fragile. It’s so uncomfortable to watch the way he takes his insecurities out on Carrie. 🤮

Reactions: 26
My highlights are Aiden and Big fighting in the mud

Steve asking the Russian if he knows any Billy Joel

Berger is absolutely infuriating. My least favourite character ever. I’m on the ep with the carnations/parsley and his ego is just so fragile. It’s so uncomfortable to watch the way he takes his insecurities out on Carrie. 🤮
I can't wear a scrunchie without thinking of him haha

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Omg yes at this thread!

Does anyone know how we’ll be able to access this in the UK? HBO’s streaming service has never been available here 😬

Reactions: 4
I had never watched the movies before but I finished the series today so thought I would watch them.

Got a bit of the way through the first one and turned it off… it’s not even remotely like the show and the characters don’t behave anything like themselves 😬 what a shame.

I had never watched the movies before but I finished the series today so thought I would watch them.

Got a bit of the way through the first one and turned it off… it’s not even remotely like the show and the characters don’t behave anything like themselves 😬 what a shame.
***Massive fan of the series here***

Do not watch the second one under any circumstances then. It’s awful. It’s so cringe worthy and culturally disrespectful to say the absolute least. What they do to Samantha’s character is nothing short of sacrilege and Aidan’s character must have had a lobotomy. It’s really one of the worst films ever made!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.