Sex And The City & And Just Like That #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hated that Luck Be An Old Lady episode where they went to Atlantic City for Charlotte's birthday. That scene where Charlotte wanted to talk to the two men in the bar but Carrie insisted they leave as there was no point showed how selfish she is.

Dr Robert was hooooooooooot!! And that guy Samantha was shagging when the police came in and arrested him haha

One thing about the show which always annoys me is that they focused a lot on Miranda's marathon training but never showed or talked about how she did in it!
and when she criticised the dress she was wearing, as if she herself never dressed like that. and the whole thing with her having a pimple, she acted like a teenager

Reactions: 5
The scene with Sanantha and the nun was my all time favourite
you have none.
No! I AM a nun but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy your Mick Jagger story - haha

I know it wont be the same but actually I'm supoer looking forward to it for nostalgia alone. I still use Miranda quotes quite often :)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
you have none.
No! I AM a nun but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy your Mick Jagger story - haha

I know it wont be the same but actually I'm supoer looking forward to it for nostalgia alone. I still use Miranda quotes quite often :)
You’ve never had sex? 🤣

going to have to rewatch it again i think.

Reactions: 3
I really hated that Luck Be An Old Lady episode where they went to Atlantic City for Charlotte's birthday. That scene where Charlotte wanted to talk to the two men in the bar but Carrie insisted they leave as there was no point showed how selfish she is.

Dr Robert was hooooooooooot!! And that guy Samantha was shagging when the police came in and arrested him haha

One thing about the show which always annoys me is that they focused a lot on Miranda's marathon training but never showed or talked about how she did in it!
Carrie was a terrible friend the whole time. She ALWAYS made it about her somehow. She couldn't listen to their problems for more than 2 minutes without blathering on about Big or Aiden etc

Reactions: 27
Carrie was a terrible friend the whole time. She ALWAYS made it about her somehow. She couldn't listen to their problems for more than 2 minutes without blathering on about Big or Aiden etc
I'm re-watching the 6th one currently, and how she bangs on to Samantha - who has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer - about how the Russian can't have kids due to a vasectomy and is all like "Whyyyyy me????" :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 21
I'm re-watching the 6th one currently, and how she bangs on to Samantha - who has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer - about how the Russian can't have kids due to a vasectomy and is all like "Whyyyyy me????" :mad:
That scene was cringe. She even prefaced it by saying "I know I shouldn't say this to someone with cancer" she was so self centred. The thing is that she more often than not was the creator of her own dramas. One of my favourite scenes is when she and Miranda are in the discount clothes store and Carrie let's it known that she lied to Miranda about her plans for the weekend, because she was seeing Big and didn't think Miranda would approve. Miranda then lets her have it, the truth about how needy and masochistic she is keeping on going back to Big. Carrie cant handle it and cries like a child.

Reactions: 18
as if she would have been a great mum :rolleyes: way too self centred. how old were they supposed to be in the series? in their late 30s by the end?

Reactions: 12
Yes in the last season she says she is 38.
it's weird for me watching it now because I am basically their age, when I started watching I was so much younger than them, yet I still view them as somehow older but simultaneously Carrie's behaviours still seems very immature

Reactions: 16
I would love it if Big goes bancrupt and they actually have to live as a couple in an old shabby apartment in Queens or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I would love it if Big goes bancrupt and they actually have to live as a couple in an old shabby apartment in Queens or whatever.
and carrie has to sell the contents ofthat ridiculous wardrobe 😂 I bet if they did this he will somehow get all the money back by the end

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah. :D I feel like it is time to infuse a big old shot of realism into this show, so they should just eventually separate (obvi) since their relationship barely stands well while being totally financially secure. Queuing for food stamps they think they should get back together so if one of them finds a job the other one gets health insurance. They have to move to Idaho because Big has extended family there who live in a normal house. Carrie tries to sell her wardrobe but no one would buy it because the clothes are so outdated and only fit small children. :D

• Haha
it's weird for me watching it now because I am basically their age, when I started watching I was so much younger than them, yet I still view them as somehow older but simultaneously Carrie's behaviours still seems very immature
Yes! I guess because I know IRL they're a lot older than me now, that it's still like watching women who are older behaving like they're in their 20s.

Reactions: 4
Oh she was very immature. Even Charlotte had a storyline where she grew as a person and matured in her outlook. However Carrie was like a self centred schoolgirl all the way through.

^ So true! Carrie was supposed to be the heroine. I'm surprised she wasn't written to show the grown Charlotte had.

Reactions: 4
It still annoys me how she treated Aidan 😩 I loved him ❤😂
Peak Carrie twattery for me was when she let him buy the apartment, dumped him then expected all her friends to sort it out for her even though she spent 40 grand on shoes. 🙄

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.