Sex And The City & And Just Like That #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SJP and Chris Noth both posted pictures of them together looking loved up as Carrie and Big and both wrote captions implying it was good to finally be back together etc!

Have just started watching SATC properly, having previously dipped in and out over the years. What’s everyone’s favourite episode/season? I’m halfway through season 2 at the moment and enjoying it but it’s very….dated? I don’t know if that’s the right word 😂
Mine was always season 3, that’s when it started getting really juicy.

With most shows I can see clear "strong" or "weak" seasons but not with SATC. I can't even tell the seasons apart, but not in a bad way.... except 6 but only because it was the final one.
Season 5 was a bit lacklustre because SJP was pregnant and it was so short. All that ‘dating herself and NYC’ was a bit boring. But the rest we all great.

Reactions: 5
With most shows I can see clear "strong" or "weak" seasons but not with SATC. I can't even tell the seasons apart, but not in a bad way.... except 6 but only because it was the final one.
For me seasons 1 to 3 are the strongest

I dont think this show was a huge hit from the get go. It took a few seasons. I can remember in about 2000 or so picking up a guy in Heaven nightclub in London,and we talked about Sex and the City at one point. I can remember we both had a " oh wow you watch that too?" Moment as if we hadn't come across many who did. I think it wasn't till around season 4 or so that it got massive attention from the public.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Seasons 5 and 6 were the worst. Some of the most putrid moments happened in those seasons.

Season 5- The episode where Carrie turns down the really hot mixed race sailor, because he said he didn't rate New York, and thus insulted her "boyfriend " so she sashays away from him. Yeah right, as if anyone is gona do that over something so trivial.

The really badly written episode based around a train trip so carrie can ambush Big for sex. Carrie moans about the train, because in her mind it should have looked like something in a 1940s movie. Then she goes to a carriage full of men and practically begs them to give Samantha attention. Was this supposed to be funny? It was stupid and cringeworthy. Then later at their hotel she throws poor Samantha out of the bath and room, so she can have sex with Big 😐

Season 6
The whole Russian storyline. Especially the moment where they've been to the ballet or something, and outside he asks her to dance. She then promptly faints in his arms dramatically, so overwhelmed by the romance of it all. Typical Carrie attention seeking, very cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Seasons 5 and 6 were the worst. Some of the most putrid moments happened in those seasons.

Season 5- The episode where Carrie turns down the really hot mixed race sailor, because he said he didn't rate New York, and thus insulted her "boyfriend " so she sashays away from him. Yeah right, as if anyone is gona do that over something so trivial.

The really badly written episode based around a train trip so carrie can ambush Big for sex. Carrie moans about the train, because in her mind it should have looked like something in a 1940s movie. Then she goes to a carriage full of men and practically begs them to give Samantha attention. Was this supposed to be funny? It was stupid and cringeworthy. Then later at their hotel she throws poor Samantha out of the bath and room, so she can have sex with Big 😐

Season 6
The whole Russian storyline. Especially the moment where they've been to the ballet or something, and outside he asks her to dance. She then promptly faints in his arms dramatically, so overwhelmed by the romance of it all. Typical Carrie attention seeking, very cringe.
omg yes that sailor one! as if it was going to be a long term relationship, I get you might reject someone as a partner if they had different views to you, but it was going ot be a one night thing surely?
Carrie always to me seemed like one of those "champgne taste lemonade budget" people.

Reactions: 7
omg yes that sailor one! as if it was going to be a long term relationship, I get you might reject someone as a partner if they had different views to you, but it was going ot be a one night thing surely?
Carrie always to me seemed like one of those "champgne taste lemonade budget" people.
That sailor was absolutely gorgeous

Reactions: 8
Yes. I think it was the writers trying to show that Carrie was so gorgeous she could afford to turn down extra hot guys for no reason. Whatever 🤣

That sailor was absolutely gorgeous
He was. I certainly would not have walked away, he would have had to have done something alot worse than criticise my city. Jeez Carrie was a self absorbed idiot.

Reactions: 8
He was. I certainly would not have walked away, he would have had to have done something alot worse than criticise my city. Jeez Carrie was a self absorbed idiot.
I believe this episode was in the shadow of 9/11, and so that exchange was meant more of a tip of the hat to the city… the NYC stuff was really heavy in the media for a good 5 years or so. Surprisingly SATC was more subdued about it except for hints like that moment.

Reactions: 11
So glad I’ve found this thread. In a depressive Sunday-night-dread fog I made myself watch both SATC films back to back, laughing and raging in good measure. I consoled myself with the reassurance that at least they won’t make another.....I now realise that was wrong and they are! Unbelievable! Addictive though.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I believe this episode was in the shadow of 9/11, and so that exchange was meant more of a tip of the hat to the city… the NYC stuff was really heavy in the media for a good 5 years or so. Surprisingly SATC was more subdued about it except for hints like that moment.
Even so it was ridiculous

Reactions: 4
So according to the pics in the DM the other there is a funeral as there was a load of extras all dressed in black.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I agree, I found it kind of weird they never made any reference to any global events like that tbh it would have been really intereresting
They deliberately avoided referencing contemporary events as it would ‘date’ the show. Obviously it has dated somewhat in terms of fashion and social attitudes but that was always going to happen.

Reactions: 3
I really hated that Luck Be An Old Lady episode where they went to Atlantic City for Charlotte's birthday. That scene where Charlotte wanted to talk to the two men in the bar but Carrie insisted they leave as there was no point showed how selfish she is.

Dr Robert was hooooooooooot!! And that guy Samantha was shagging when the police came in and arrested him haha

One thing about the show which always annoys me is that they focused a lot on Miranda's marathon training but never showed or talked about how she did in it!

Reactions: 22
I think Smith is super hot, especially with the shaved hair :love: I loved the scene where Samantha was shaving her hair and he shaved his.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.