Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ATV2021

VIP Member
I’ve replied to her dispute with pictures showing my listing has zero errors and I always video myself packing incase stuff like this happens after years of hassle through eBay! Cant believe what people will go to to get a few quid back because it doesn’t fit them
Just such bizarre behaviour from some people! If something doesn't fit or I don't like it, then I'll just relist it. If it doesn't sell then charity shop lol especially when was only a couple of quid.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Elles20

VIP Member
Don't you hate when sellers list things as 'new without tags' then say they've worn it a few times. 😑

• Haha

tidalwave

Chatty Member
I didn't know this thread existed! I love Vinted! It has honestly kept me going the past couple of years! I mostly sell my son's clothes and toys, but have also listed some clothes of mine and unused perfumes etc. recently too. I withdrew £300 from my account a few days ago and already have another £90 pending! I had a good sale today - my son's old weighted blanket for £37.50!

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
The thing is that £12 seems reasonable until you try to buy it, and the fees plus delivery brings it up to £16. Then £2 off is no longer a bargain for the buyer.
This is what I've pointed out lots of times to people!
So many times I've seen "Brand new with tags" Primark kids tshirts for £1. Yeah that's cheaper than in the shop as they're £1.80. .. But add on the fee and postage and it comes to around £3.50. I can go and get 2 brand new from the shop for that!
Same as baby sleepsuits for £1. I can get a multipack for £6/£7 I don't want to pay £3.50+ for 1 sleepsuit that's second hand!

Johnson1901

VIP Member
I'm honestly so sick of people receiving their things which they've purchased off me but not marking that they're happy with it.

Meaning I have to wait days For my money.

One person even ignored a polite message off me and still Never clicked everything is OK.

• Sad

Dipdab

VIP Member
My father had this with someone who ordered something. He posted the item then they said they didn’t recognise the transaction so wanted a refund. He disputed it but then someone else with zero feedback too also bought something. He cancelled their order before posting as he just got similar vibes.

He Also getting one woman who keeps emailing him

I wouldn’t have opened the door.
He didn’t ring the bell just lurked around my porch looking for somewhere to leave it. I have a security camera and it pinged that there was a hooded man at my door at 2am 😨

• Wow

Octopies

Chatty Member
I just think some people are so unrealistic and take it personally that they won’t make their money back especially on clothing. Clothes depreciate so quickly. I get it, it’s shit knowing you paid £50 for something and people want to pay pennies but equally I’m happy enough to accept a bargain so I’m happy to let stuff go for cheap sometimes too. I’m newly addicted to buying kids stuff on Vinted btw but am sticking to eBay for selling as dont like the holding money thing.

HoGi

VIP Member
Like why would you not click not recieved when vinted asked if she was happy with the order. People really try it. The scammers normally make some comment 'oh your being like this over a few £'. No your fuming I'm not going to cave and let you scam me for a few £.
I know. I sent her the tracking link (even though she could get it from vinted) sent her the proof of delivery including GPS location and photograph and she still sent me abuse and blocked me.

All over a £3 dress 🤣🤣🤣

ETA she also kept referring to it being "my shipping company" I don't own hermes hun. And you chose who you wanted it posted with?! And kept saying I wasn't interested in helping once I got my money. Well...no I wasn't as you had my fucking dress!

• Haha
  • Wow

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
'I've been advised' has killed me 🤣 yeah I'm sure if you took a secondhand bag to someone who is paid to repair bags they'd 'advise' you have a load of extra work done (if she even did that considering it's same day'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I’ve only just started selling on Vinted but my god people are cheeky!
Buckle up beaut. Your in for a stormy ride.

I finally sent a pic of me wearing something (cropped out my face). Baring in mind I'm selling it as its now 2 sizes too big. 'Oooo that looks abit baggy'. I'm modeling something 2 sizes too big for me (hence why I'm selling as stated in the description) what do you expect???

Last edited:
  • Haha

Elvis4525

I only started using vinted 3 months ago and have made around £300 and that’s with most my stuff uploading for a couple £ each.
I just wish I’d started sooner rather than doing clear outs and getting rid.
I really hate when I upload something for £2 and people offer 1.50 like ????? 🫠

I know times are hard at the moment money wose, but if I bought a dress for 2.50 and it didn't fit, that's not the seller's fault. I'd either donate or resell. Trying to get a refund on a perfectly fine 2.50 dress is ridiculous. Some buyers out there really are tight!
Oh absolutely! I bought a top for my 3 year old for a pound and delivery. Looked ok so marked it as fine but then when I looked at it properly it has a horrible stain around the neck. I went back onto the listing and there’s no mention of it but if you look at the picture closely it is there. I think it’s a bit dishonest not to state it in the listing but it’s my fault for not checking properly and marking it as ok.
Thats the risk of vinted and to try and dispute a bnwt dress for £2.50 for no genuine reason is shitty.