Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Do you know what really grinds my gears on Vinted.. people who list stuff just wearing the item (I mean the ones on holiday/night out etc) no other pictures 🙃 I’ve seen loads of items with just 1 pic of somebody wearing it on a night out.

I’ve seen a gorgeous top on there but just 2 pics of her living her best life on holiday (Tbf she looks gorgeous). BUT when was she on holiday?! What does the item look like now?! I take a mix of pics but mainly they are hung up so people know what they are buying.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Why is it when you post on the forum being very very specific about what your looking for people will ALWAYS pipe up "Hi I know you said you wanted BNWT but here's this gorgeous little number just needs 10 minutes on the sewing machine and a bit of stain remover and it's good to go".

• Haha

Cucumber and eggs

VIP Member
Im very much addicted to vinted! Ive sold quite a few bits and bought so much for my girls and myself. I recently put up a next dungaree set for babies which cost me £25. I was selling for £4 which I think is pretty generous considering it's in really good condition. I had someone message me asking to reduce to £2!! She then said my postage fees are too high and surely the parcel size required would be a small. I checked and then told her I have selected small parcel. She said why are my postage fees so high and I would probably sell more clothes if I reduced them. I said the postage fees are nothing to do with me and are pre-set. Then she asked for me to discount her postage fees and sell the item for £2!! I replied saying I wasnt reducing the dungarees and no way could I offer discount on postage fees as I would technically be paying to post out of my own money. Honestly some of these people have got a cheek!

• Wow

Zulkraa

VIP Member
I saw someone selling an eyeshadow palette as brand new and in excellent condition, however you can clearly see that about 5 shades have been used and have massive finger marks in them
“Slightly fingered” 😜

• Haha

RuEvenReal

Was looking at some items on a profile today, and most of it was bnwt, various sizes and duplicate items. I smell a shoplifter 😂😂

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’m tempted to take down the stuff I’ve got listed now and re-list Boxing Day when people have Xmas money to spend. I don’t think I can be arsed with the Evri chaos over the next couple of weeks for a fiver a time.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Well I've had a vinted related incident. Someone left me a 1* review and I responded in kind and now she's deleted the review. 😂😂

• Haha

Nellinton

VIP Member
I don't trust his vibe tbh I feel if he did buy he'd name something petty about item after he receives it and he'd try get his money back.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Following on from my post yesterday about loads of sales…woke up to an offer on a 13 item bundle, responded but thought nothing more of it because bundles never seem to respond after the postage quote (even when it’s the same size parcel as 1 item 🤷🏻‍♀️😂) and the lady has bought it straight away 😳 including those 13 items thats 32 things sold in the last 24 hours. My max before has been about 5 in one day.

I hope the inpost locker is empty this morning 🤣 it’s making me quite nervous though as I have 5 ‘no label’ parcels and I’ve read everyone else’s issues with mix ups!!

• Wow

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I’d only reserve something is someone explicitly asked me to tbh…and even then it would depend eg if they’re a few days from payday sure, a few weeks maybe not

Cba this morning. Uploaded some more baby clothes yesterday around 5pm. Someone wanted a bundle of 10 sleepsuits and 6 vests so put postage as large. She’s queried the postage but in the morning I woke up and 3 other people have requested bundles with these items in. I’ve sent them the same postage option and one of them has bought it.
So she’s messaged me going off about how rude I am for selling them and how she sold 34 sleepsuits for medium postage. Ok you might have but I’m making £3.50 so I’m not taking a risk with postage. I’m also having a baby in 6 weeks and want it all gone.

Her baby must have kept her up all night and that’s why she’s been a crank. When I went to reply she’s blocked me 🤣

marthaedwards11

Chatty Member
Just had a few sales! £115 in my pending balance and another £60 on its way to my bank (I started the withdrawal process on Friday)

couldn’t have come at a better time - I stupidly overindulged in some home items during the Black Friday sales

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I did my first cancellation of an order today and I feel a bit bad because she messaged me asking why…but it was the woman who asked if the bag was damaged and when I said no and uploaded a photo of the part she thought was damaged, she paid for it, then immediately messaged me again saying am I sure it’s not damaged and will I provide a refund if she’s not happy 🙃 so I cancelled it because I cba, it’s literally brand new with the tags and there’s no damage but I feel like she’s going to be trouble. The app says I’m going to get a negative review for cancelling, is that automatic or does the buyer have the option?

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Do people get refunds on delivery money/fees as well? Or is it just the seller price? Do you think she just doesn’t like the fit and is trying to claw back some money?
I know times are hard at the moment money wise, but if I bought a dress for 2.50 and it didn't fit, that's not the seller's fault. I'd either donate or resell. Trying to get a refund on a perfectly fine 2.50 dress is ridiculous. Some buyers out there really are tight!

Ive only posted using royal mail i have no idea how the other options work ! If someone could explain i would be thrilled and more confident to use other delivery options ! Thanks so much x 😘
Just beware Royal Mail have a few strike dates coming up which will affect timings.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I've got some plonker in my messages saying she's 'disappointed' that a jumper I sold doesn't fit them...it's a size small, which Vinted lists as an 8 anyway, but I said in the listing that it fits me as a size 10 on the top AND she asked me for the measurements before she bought it? She has a load of items listed as 12 or 14 so it was probably never going to fit her! Maybe I'm a cow but I don't want to refund it 🤷‍♀️ I'm feeling a @Lucyxxxx esque block coming on...

• Heart
  • Wow

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Someone asked if I would sell my £35 item for £25 was feeling in a good mood so sent them a £30 offer rather then block. They messaged back 'can you hold til the 15th' (no). I then get a message 'do they come in a box'. I replied for £30 no. I'm gonna block now. People always wanting everything for nothing. Got another asking if I have proof my item is real. You have my say so take it or leave it.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
See if someone was doing that to me I would show them who can out-psycho who. Oh you wanna stalk me online ye? Watch yourself leaving work cause you never know if you might get hit at 80mph by my fist when you least expect it.

• Haha

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Fixed it "blue stain won't come out, hoping some idiot buys it" 😆

Something else I noticed was all the dodgy "with tag" items. I know for a fact that M&S jumpers have plastic ties that can't be put back on. Not that dodgy bit of string Sandra tied the ticket with :rolleyes:
Omg I saw a skirt earlier, wish I’d screenshotted, but it was listed as BNWT and the description was like ‘I removed the tag but still have it’ so in the photo the tag was just laying on top of the skirt, not attached to it? What’s the point 😂

• Haha