Secret Celebrity Gossip #99

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
George Martin found a way to get some listenable singles out of her but she was such an ungrateful so-and-so. She latched herself on to The Beatles and then acted as if she had made it through sheer talent. She happily got McCartney to help out her recordings and write 'Step Inside Love' for her, than he complained he discovered she was sniping about him behind his back. She ingratiated herself with Bill Cotton so that he pretty much single-handedly made her TV career as a star and host, then she took the bigger bucks from ITV without so much as a 'thanks' for all he did for her. And of course, as at last karma finally struck, she got taken off TV by the people, such as David Liddiment, whom she'd treated like dirt when they were in more humble positions. Amazingly, even after that, when the odd person, feeling sorry for her without knowing her, would give her a guest spot on their shows, she'd stun them by turning up and acting the big star, talking down to them, rather than thanking them for a rare return to the screen. She really was one of the most insensitive, self-obsessed, downright rude celebs there's been.
I met her in Marbella back in the 80's. I was with my 2 6 yo twins, my Mum, Dad, Auntie and Uncle. We were wandering about and settled on a restaurant for dinner. We went in and stood for a minute until we were seated and she floated by us and said in a very loud voice ' i don't believe this restaurant is appropriate fo= children, I mean, they don't serve burger and chips'. She laughed and then flounced off. Btw, my kids had moules marinere

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I met her in Marbella back in the 80's. I was with my 2 6 yo twins, my Mum, Dad, Auntie and Uncle. We were wandering about and settled on a restaurant for dinner. We went in and stood for a minute until we were seated and she floated by us and said in a very loud voice ' i don't believe this restaurant is appropriate fo= children, I mean, they don't serve burger and chips'. She laughed and then flounced off. Btw, my kids had moules marinere
What a horrible noisy witch!

i hadn’t heard that with kelly (though it makes sense!) but i know there were/are a lot of rumours about jett’s death and how he never got the full care he needed for his conditions because of the “church” beliefs.

has john t officially left? i hope so. i always felt that they had a lot on him (or leah r certainly hinted so) and so he was there fully under duress, rather than someone like cruise who is obviously fully absorbed.
I think it was a blind, so may nit have been true, but yes I think it was after Jett he got disillusioned and then Kelly died soon after.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't think I have ever heard much good said about her, but she had an awful singing voice she shouldn't have been a star she sounded like a big tomcat's having his vocal cords squeezed. She tried singing in a higher softer voice after awhile but even that wasn't good either. Compare her to Dusty Springfield or Sandy Shaw and she's a joke. Wonder if she slept around to make such good and influential connections in the music business? She always portrayed herself as a loyal, family orientated wife and mother but it makes you wonder.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m loathe to mention her in a celebrity gossip thread but anyone interested in the situation with Kyle Walker and his child should head over to the Goodman sisters thread. Yes he made a very silly mistake- especially when believing that she was infertile as she told him but he has been paying for it literally and figuratively ever since!

Reactions: 5
I don't think I have ever heard much good said about her, but she had an awful singing voice she shouldn't have been a star she sounded like a big tomcat's having his vocal cords squeezed. She tried singing in a higher softer voice after awhile but even that wasn't good either. Compare her to Dusty Springfield or Sandy Shaw and she's a joke. Wonder if she slept around to make such good and influential connections in the music business? She always portrayed herself as a loyal, family orientated wife and mother but it makes you wonder.
didn’t she also basically make her husband give up his own potential stardom for her? i don’t know if that was dramatised for the tv series but it was definitely implied that he had the chance of making a name for himself but she basically said that if he did then they were done. he seemed a nice enough man but basically played the role of her husband for the rest of this life then.

as far as connections go i think she was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time, she was working in the cavern club (iirc), was able to sing there knowing a lot of influential people were there, brian e wanted a female singer… i think it was pure luck. like you say, her voice wasn’t much compared to other women in her genre. though you’re my world is a great tune!

Reactions: 6
didn’t she also basically make her husband give up his own potential stardom for her? i don’t know if that was dramatised for the tv series but it was definitely implied that he had the chance of making a name for himself but she basically said that if he did then they were done. he seemed a nice enough man but basically played the role of her husband for the rest of this life then.

as far as connections go i think she was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time, she was working in the cavern club (iirc), was able to sing there knowing a lot of influential people were there, brian e wanted a female singer… i think it was pure luck. like you say, her voice wasn’t much compared to other women in her genre. though you’re my world is a great tune!
Its a great tune but she murdered it, I think Bobby could have had a succesful solo career but she put a stop to it, her ego couldn't cope.

Reactions: 9
I used to work with a woman who was also a singer on the 1960s club circuit in Liverpool so knew Cilla back in the day and never had a good word to say about her. In later life my friend has been involved in lots of fantastic local charities and used her slightly showbiz connections to bring in donations of either money or auction/raffle prizes. No surprise surprise that our Cilla never stumped up a single thing despite her publicly professed love for her home city.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I used to work with a woman who was also a singer on the 1960s club circuit in Liverpool so knew Cilla back in the day and never had a good word to say about her. In later life my friend has been involved in lots of fantastic local charities and used her slightly showbiz connections to bring in donations of either money or auction/raffle prizes. No surprise surprise that our Cilla never stumped up a single thing despite her publicly professed love for her home city.
Her Liverpool accent was exaggerated so much it was ridiculous, I used to work with someone from Liverpool and she was furious that Cilla made them sound like morons.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is that the daughter of Jude Law and Sadie Frost?
yes!

most tattlers will probably remember her as the child who ate half an ectasy tablet (i think) which had mysteriously appeared on the floor of a primrose hill children’s party. it actually makes me feel very old to see her like this 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I get that Cilla was in the right place at the right time and that it's often not the person with the best voice that makes it but how on earth her career sustained is just beyond me. She was AWFUL. Literally everyone thought she howled her way through a song and she seems to be almost universally disliked yet she got a long and very lucrative career out of it.

Reactions: 10
Cilla was very much an early victim of Captain Tom Syndrome - people that the media portrayed as “national treasures” but that very few people in the general populace actually care much about. To a lesser extent, people like Janet Street-Porter are also in this category. Media types confuse someone being a luvvie in showbiz circles/having good PR with legitimate public adoration.

Luckily, nobody under the age of about 70 could realistically be described as a Cilla “fan”. I doubt many people under the age of 20 (or even 25) have ever heard her name. She’ll disappear from pop culture completely in about 20 years.

Reactions: 22
Oh, thank you so much. I remember his TV show so vividly, particularly his duet with Bowie. Didn’t he also have The Jam on once? Look at the rubbish teens have to watch now! (God, I am so old)
Speaking of David, I found out a few years back he was Marc's son Rolan's godfather and paid for him to go to private school and took care of his expenses for years. As Marc and Gloria weren't married, she and Rolan didn't get a penny of his money or any royalties when he died so David stepped in without anyone knowing until Rolan himself revealed it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
So strange Paul O'Grady was such good pals with Cilla. He genuinely seems a nice man. I'm sure she was nice to him but I'm (surprise) surprised he'd tolerate her rudeness to others.

Reactions: 15
I get that Cilla was in the right place at the right time and that it's often not the person with the best voice that makes it but how on earth her career sustained is just beyond me. She was AWFUL. Literally everyone thought she howled her way through a song and she seems to be almost universally disliked yet she got a long and very lucrative career out of it.
She knew whom to creep around and ingratiate herself with. That was all that got her anywhere. And 'Our Bobby' had plenty of flings - whether she knew about it or not is another matter.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
There was a rumour that John Travolta left scientology after his son and Kelly died because they didn't get treatment.
The rumor's on the blind sites were that it was Kelly who was more into it than he was and he wanted to cut ties but was scared because not only would they try and stop him from seeing his kids (like Nicole and Tom) they knew lots of stuff about him that would be 'leaked' including whether he is actually gay or not. When she passed, the story was he had made his mind up about leaving but since there have been no planted stories about him being the spawn of satan, I'm guessing he is still with them.

Reactions: 11
yes!

most tattlers will probably remember her as the child who ate half an ectasy tablet (i think) which had mysteriously appeared on the floor of a primrose hill children’s party. it actually makes me feel very old to see her like this 🤣
The party was held at Soho House wasn't it?

Reactions: 3
Is Tom Cruise still pretending them kids aren't biologically his. If your gonna pretend your kids are adopted at least make sure their faces aren't a copy and paste of yours lol.

Reactions: 7
The party was held at Soho House wasn't it?
no clue! i only used primrose hill in reference to that sort of clique - soho house as a venue for children’s party is wild though.

Is Tom Cruise still pretending them kids aren't biologically his. If your gonna pretend your kids are adopted at least make sure their faces aren't a copy and paste of yours lol.
do you mean connor and isabella? i don’t think either of them look like him (though i haven’t seen a photo for a while!) - what’s the rumour there then? do people think nicole is the bio mother or no?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.