Secret Celebrity Gossip #99

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The last ‘serious crash’ wasn’t that serious at all and he walked away without even a scratch. He said himself the papers made it out to be far worse than it actually was.

I said the same thing to my husband. I said that usually the air ambulance is only scrambled when there’s a) no road access (which obviously wouldn’t be the case here) or b) when it’s really serious.

I am an absolutely massive fan of Freddie. I’ve been lucky enough to meet him twice, including once when I was in the audience for Top Gear for my birthday. I knew it would happen sometime, I just didn’t expect it to be now. He’s walked away from two nasty crashes on TG totally unharmed but something told me on the third time he wouldn’t be so lucky. It sounds daft but I’m absolutely devastated. Normally I would be really upset but I’m just stunned and numb, I can’t even get upset.

I used to work for Air Ambulance, and they’re like little mini hospitals, so they’re often sent so they can start treatment straight away, rather than wait for a ‘regular’ ambulance. It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a ‘serious’, it could genuinely be something like the person having lost a lot of blood, meaning they need a transfusion quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
perfect opportunity to reshare this!

I didn't watch that series, I don't even know anything about Aubrey but she totally had the measure of him. It was a beautiful moment when she told him he was a waste of a life.

Reactions: 10
Top Gear is the worst kind of smug, self-pleasing, back-slapping male wankery. Clarkson’s era was the worst for that, but it’s not much better now either. Stupid stunts, men getting hard ons while driving cars over 100mph, pathetically set-up ‘humour’ skits… duck off

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk
😂
Actually I didn’t mind the old series; I just saw it as a sort of Last of The Summer Wine on steroids.
After Hammonds big crash though, it was pretty knobbish the way they defiantly kept doing high speed stunts. And Clarkson almost seemed to be pushing to get sacked, getting more and more boorish and arrogant.
I can’t stand Paddy McG so don’t watch the new series, but I do like Freddie and I think he always seems to be looking for something to replace the high he got from sport.
I did read it wasn’t a high speed accident so hopefully it’s not too serious.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Top Gear is the worst kind of smug, self-pleasing, back-slapping male wankery. Clarkson’s era was the worst for that, but it’s not much better now either. Stupid stunts, men getting hard ons while driving cars over 100mph, pathetically set-up ‘humour’ skits… duck off

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk
It's no worse than Love Island, Ex on the Beach or any of that shite setting poor examples to impressionable youngsters as to how they should dress or inject tit in their lips, tits and bum!

Reactions: 9
I used to work for Air Ambulance, and they’re like little mini hospitals, so they’re often sent so they can start treatment straight away, rather than wait for a ‘regular’ ambulance. It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a ‘serious’, it could genuinely be something like the person having lost a lot of blood, meaning they need a transfusion quickly.
You’re thinking more HEMS with the ‘mini hospital’, they have doctors onboard & will often be used in what is affectionately called a ‘stay & play’ situation I.e patient will need treatment at scene & stabilisation. I had a deployment with HEMS in London &I genuinely looked into staying with them because I loved it.
Air ambulance is what it says, just an ambulance that flies. If one is available they will be deployed to any major trauma of which a high speed RTC will be triaged as.

edited so basically HEMS is about getting the medical team & treatment to the incident.
Air ambulance is about getting the patient to the hospital from the scene.

oh & blood transfusions wouldn’t be given at scene as there won’t have been a cross match.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
You’re thinking more HEMS with the ‘mini hospital’, they have doctors onboard & will often be used in what is affectionately called a ‘stay & play’ situation I.e patient will need treatment at scene & stabilisation. I had a deployment with HEMS in London &I genuinely looked into staying with them because I loved it.
Air ambulance is what it says, just an ambulance that flies. If one is available they will be deployed to any major trauma of which a high speed RTC will be triaged as.

edited so basically HEMS is about getting the medical team & treatment to the incident.

oh & blood transfusions wouldn’t be given at scene as there won’t have been a cross match.
Ah, I wonder if it varies from trust to trust? Ours carried O negative, Lyoplas and Fibrinogen for on scene treatment.
Christ,I stopped working for them years ago and it feels like this is ingrained in my brain from years of repeating it 😂😂

Reactions: 6

With regard to blood transfusions, couldn't they give blood type O? Or administer plasma instead of blood? Isn't HEMS part and parcel of the air ambulance service?

Or have I watched too much Casualty and Holby City?

Reactions: 3

Surely that would be classed as 'serious'???

Reactions: 4
With regard to blood transfusions, couldn't they give blood type O? Or administer plasma instead of blood? Isn't HEMS part and parcel of the air ambulance service?

Or have I watched too much Casualty and Holby City?
yes they could but it would be extreme situations. where blood loss is going to kill the patient.
Which doesn’t seem to be the case here. Not every trust/region has a true HEMS system it’s confusing because the air ambulance can have doctor’s on board too 😂
The upshot is whether it was HEMS or not, a call saying ‘high speed, high impact RTC’ would be enough to scramble a helicopter, if it was available, as it’s considered a major trauma.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.