Secret Celebrity Gossip #85

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, really it is. It's a form of congenital thyroid deficiency, resulting in life long developmental delays and physical challenges. Which is why it is/was used as slang for stupid-acting people.

Some people still use it but it genuinely should be retired, IMHO.
It’s been wiped out in developed countries now, has been for a long time. I’ve seen it quite widely used.

Reactions: 7
aw i hope so - he seems a very sweet man who deliberately seems to avoid fame. as a fellow ocd sufferer i think that it’s great that he’s so open about it and how it affects him too.
Oh really? I had no idea he suffers with OCD. I do too and have for many years. I'm not a particularly big fan of him but I do like his music and he comes across so well in the odd interview I've seen. Thanks for the info.

• Heart
Oh really? I had no idea he suffers with OCD. I do too and have for many years. I'm not a particularly big fan of him but I do like his music and he comes across so well in the odd interview I've seen. Thanks for the info.
he does: he’s spoken about it a few times (his form of it is very similar to mine so i found it interesting to hear him talk about how it affects him touring and stuff). there’s a little bit here:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
George Ezra is so BORING! Surely he is the most bland singer on the planet. That "Green green grass" song makes me want to rip my ears off.
Saw him at a festival about 3 years ago, his songs were fine but his between song stories went in forever, we’re totally without a point and went on forever, sadly there isn’t a fast forward button on live gigs

Reactions: 9
George Ezra sounds so different from how he looks, he doesn't sound like a middle class white man. And the record label have definetly used that to package him as some kind of Elvis like appropriating a kind of deep soul singer.

As for patsy Palmer, ok I was misled but a search led me to their LinkedIn - they've both invested in local businesses - it's probably how they got a residency visa in the US, the investment is a couple of hundred grand and you have to employ X amount of local people.

Bizarrely David Beckham was the first celebrity I remember speaking about OCD back in 2006.

I don’t like the man, but I thought it was good that he explained how it affected him. I’ve since learned a lot more about how debilitating it can be, and I think the more people who are open and honest about it, the better, as it’s still very misunderstood.

Reactions: 16
It’s been wiped out in developed countries now, has been for a long time. I’ve seen it quite widely used.
Oh come on, the fact that it's only (now) mocking poor deprived people in faraway lands doesn't make it OK.

Nb it's not totally wiped out in the developed world, but it is much more rare. Amazingly using iodine in salt has reduced its occurrence greatly.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Yep, really it is. It's a form of congenital thyroid deficiency, resulting in life long developmental delays and physical challenges. Which is why it is/was used as slang for stupid-acting people.

Some people still use it but it genuinely should be retired, IMHO.
I had never heard this either!!

Reactions: 13
Hello! Awkward first post alert! Just want to say I love this thread, been reading it for a few weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Cara is looking terrible recently.

I saw a video of her on IG recently, she was dj'ing in a club. She'd clearly taken something as her gurning was terrible, literally couldn't keep her jaw still and her behaviour was really odd.
Drugs...I heard

Reactions: 6
Oh come on, the fact that it's only (now) mocking poor deprived people in faraway lands doesn't make it OK.

Nb it's not totally wiped out in the developed world, but it is much more rare. Amazingly using iodine in salt has reduced its occurrence greatly.
Except it's not used to mock anyone. Much like idiot, it has evolved far past its original meaning. People use "cretin" to insult unpleasant people, they do not shout it at people with rare thyroid conditions.

There is no comparison with "s*****c" or variations thereof, which are purely used to attack those with disabilities.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Vogue Williams SLAMS passenger who refused to swap seats with her https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...seats-plane.html?ito=native_share_article-top
Any tea on this lady? Comes across a bit entitled....
I've a small bit of tea on her. Before she met Brian Ormond, she was a known social climber in Dublin. Demanding vip access to a couple of well known night clubs on lesson Street. It was well known at the time that she had an alleged bad coke habit and was extremely rude and obnoxious to anyone who wasn't in her circle.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I had never heard this either!!
Yeah it's a thing. Cretinism is another term for Congential Hypothrodism which can lead to development delays. However as someone who had a disabled child who was suspected to have been born with this and was thus treated for it for several years (before they realised it wasn't congential it was actually my undiagnosed hyperthyroidism that suppressed his thyroid) and also as someone who grew up hearing and therefore still uses the term Cretin, I don't personally find it offensive. In my opinion it's so wildly outdated it ceases to be offensive and I wouldn't put it on a par with **** which was still being actively used as a very obvious derogatory term during my childhood. I suppose that's how language develops though.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Hello! Awkward first post alert! Just want to say I love this thread, been reading it for a few weeks.
Don't be awkward ... we discuss everything and anything here celebrity based but can go off on totally different tangents when there's very weak gossip, hence the development of the duvet thread 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Are you slightly confused, Dcl?

Brian Ormond = Mr. Pipa O'Connor
Brian McFadden = Ex Mr. Williams

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.