Secret Celebrity Gossip #84

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read A J Cronin's excellent novel The Citadel a while ago and it had a forward by Adam Kaye hyping it as the inspiration for the NHS and basically going off about how perfect and wonderful the NHS is and how heroic everyone (heavily implied him especially) involved is.

The Citadel was written by a doctor in the 1930s and it criticised the state of medical provision in the UK in those days and some cite it as inspiration for the NHS.

BUT, what Kaye seems to miss is that Cronin also criticises the bloated, inefficient bureaucracy of many government bodies which is heavily present in the NHS today, as well as the exact sort of self important hole Kaye himself is!
Precisely.

Reactions: 3
This is from Popbitch, made me laugh
Noted spoon-botherer Uri Geller waded into geopolitical affairs this week, telling Putin he’d use his mind-powers to foil any nuclear attack Russia launches – a threat that must have sent some serious shivers down spines at the Kremlin.

How does Uri do it? A reader explains:

“I spent a fascinating afternoon at Uri’s house once. I had learned how he bends spoons – he just bends them really quickly while you’re not looking, relying on the fact that you don’t think spoons are easy to bend but they are, then just pretends to do all the rubbing stuff while guffing on about molecules.

So I brought a notably thick Ikea teaspoon for him to bend and was determined never to look away from him for a second. For a while it worked. He got super frustrated as he pretend massaged the spoon. Then, when it was getting really awkward, he slammed his hand down on my shoulder and shouted, ‘ARE YOU CLOSER TO YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR FATHER?’ which totally caught me and meant I lost attention for a second, so he got away with it.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Noted spoon-botherer Uri Geller waded into geopolitical affairs this week, telling Putin he’d use his mind-powers to foil any nuclear attack Russia launches – a threat that must have sent some serious shivers down spines at the Kremlin.

“I spent a fascinating afternoon at Uri’s house once. I had learned how he bends spoons – he just bends them really quickly while you’re not looking, relying on the fact that you don’t think spoons are easy to bend but they are, then just pretends to do all the rubbing stuff while guffing on about molecules.

So I brought a notably thick Ikea teaspoon for him to bend and was determined never to look away from him for a second. For a while it worked. He got super frustrated as he pretend massaged the spoon. Then, when it was getting really awkward, he slammed his hand down on my shoulder and shouted, ‘ARE YOU CLOSER TO YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR FATHER?’ which totally caught me and meant I lost attention for a second, so he got away with it.”
this is amazing 🤣🤣

uri “don’t look at me, look over there!” geller - genius.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

this is brilliant! I attended a wedding where they had some magician skulking about between the ceremony and the meal, bending spoons and tit. He could have got away with anything as we were too busy trying to get the attention of the waiters with the fizz.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I have never seen the appeal of Sean Bean, physically or as an actor.
Oh my lord, I'm in love with the guy even now as he's gotten older I first saw him in 1988 in Stormy Monday I thought who's this gorgeous guy so I followed his career I was 18 in 88.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Melanie Hill?
Could be Abigail Cruttenden.

This is sad actually. He gave up football (when he failed), gave up photography (when he failed) and has now apparently found his passion making beans on toast. I think the Beckhams have done a pretty tit job of raising their kids to have fulfilling lives.

What happens when Harry dumps her for his next girlfriend/boyfriend? It’s not fair on the children at all.
I think he's very serious about Olivia, I don't know why but thats the vibe I get.

Reactions: 5
Remember David Copperfield and Claudia Schiffer?
WTF was THAT all about 🤣
If I remember rightly that was a fake relationship put together by their PR people. They were just showing their faces at things the press would be at but had no relationship beyond boosting each other’s profiles.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
If I remember rightly that was a fake relationship put together by their PR people. They were just showing their faces at things the press would be at but had no relationship beyond boosting each other’s profiles.
i always thought that too! didn’t they sue a magazine for saying so? 🧐

Reactions: 4
He's a local lad to where I work. Thing is I imagine shagging him would be a bit like 'get here, you dirty mare, get your gob round it' and that just doesnt do it for me 🤣
Late to this but you've absolutely nailed it. Local here too. I'd struggle through though 🤣

I hardly watch any telly at all but cannot bear sex scenes at all. I find them properly cringey.

Reactions: 8
Uri Geller should have '-ne' added to his first name because he's always taking the piss. And he was quite a sleazy bugger on CBB.

As for Sean Bean....ya Bastard.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Max George and Maisie Smith spotted snogging on a budget flight to Crete in the papers. I wonder how long they have been shagging for ? He split up with Stacey 5 minutes ago didn't he give Michelle an STD? I'm predicting it will last 6 months.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Max George and Maisie Smith spotted snogging on a budget flight to Crete in the papers. I wonder how long they have been shagging for ? He split up with Stacey 5 minutes ago didn't he give Michelle an STD? I'm predicting it will last 6 months.
same - and i know it’s technically not a huge gap, but a 33 year old man “dating” a 21 year old gives me the ick.

Reactions: 36
She could do so much better! He’s vile.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.