Secret Celebrity Gossip #80

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the older ladies who are gay have had to hide their sexuality over the years. I work with a lovely woman who married young, had 5 children, then met the love of her life when she was in her early 30s. The fall out for the family was immense. Her ex husband doesn't speak to her, nor do her older two children.
That being said, had she left her husband for another man, the fall out would probably have been similar.
She always knew she preferred women, but she also says she wanted children, hence the early marriage. So quite a bit of deceit going on, which may explain her husband's reaction.

Gay women now can still marry (each other) and have children using donor sperm, so no need for the pretence of a heterosexual marriage.
I wonder if there would ever be a sitcom featuring four ladies based on the urban myths set say in the 80s/90s!?

I never realized that Joe Swift's father (Gardener's World) played Hyacinth's husband.
I knew when I first saw Joe there was something very familiar about his face, and now I cannot unsee it.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if there would ever be a sitcom featuring four ladies based on the urban myths set say in the 80s/90s!?

I knew when I first saw Joe there was something very familiar about his face, and now I cannot unsee it.
Oh, I'd love that! :D
They kind of tried something similar with 'The Brighton Belles', the UK's answer to 'The Golden Girls' but it kind of flopped partly because it tried too hard to echo the GGs.

Brighton Belles

However, something involving the 'urban myths' of that era could be very edgy indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Oh, I'd love that! :D
They kind of tried something similar with 'The Brighton Belles', the UK's answer to 'The Golden Girls' but it kind of flopped partly because it tried too hard to echo the GGs.

Brighton Belles

However, something involving the 'urban myths' of that era could be very edgy indeed.
Maybe with a bit of Russell T Davis input!

Reactions: 4
Reading his book, it seems she was very much the grown up in that relationship. She was the one that got him into rehab and got him to sort his tit out for the sake of their young daughter.

While there was an age gap their relationship wasn’t illegal, she was of age when they met, and shouldn’t be lumped together with Gary Glitter or Bill Wyman having sex (raping) 14 year olds.

No I agree. Their relationship is not in that category. ,

Reactions: 3
Talking of KUA, and possibly cross pollenting with the “bygone celebs” thread by @Pipsy the lady that played Hyacinth’s sister Daisy was a BABE in her youth…

Reactions: 9
Oh God! I can not stand Geri Halliwell! She is a freak of nature, who peaked nearly 30 years ago and is still desperately clinging onto relevancy.

I remember watching her on Drag Race and she was pretending to be so prude and against swearing, covering her ears during dirty jokes. Yet showed half of the world her fanny in a Union Jack dress and riding every thing around her including her own band mates. Also, why is she so adamant on denying that her and Mel B were a couple for a bit!? Everyone around them confirmed it happened. Is she more ashamed of having a relationship with a woman, than she is of riding a married man with a new baby at home? Shows her morality.

As much as she likes to play pretend Lady of the Manor she will always be a Lady of the Night, she’s nothing but a washed up slapper who sleeps with married men in hopes of any sort of notoriety and attention.
Lady of the Manor haha what a joke. She had a potty mouth when she was born that one 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is it true that Patricia Routledge and Pam St Clement (Hyacinth from KOA and Pat from Eastenders respectively) were lovers? I kept hearing this one at school as an 'urban legend' but maybe it was true
Not sure about Pam, but Routledge was in a long term relationship with Betty Boothroyd when she was speaker of House of Commons. They lived together in the official apartment.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.