Secret Celebrity Gossip #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rum Runner was famous! Duran Duran etc used to virtually live there. I was obsessed with the group Japan. I met them once... major disappointment šŸ˜¢

Noooooo! David Sylvian was the love of my life when I was 15, my wall was covered in pics of him! I absolutely adored Japan! 15yo me would have sold a kidney to meet him.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So I adored David Sylvian, the most beautiful man. I was in a club and the whole band came in. The DJ put Life in Tokyo on and he and Mick took to the dance floor and mimed the words (being serious). I then actually danced with David (the excitement!) but up close he was incredibly thin and his face was caked in make up. He had a really hooky nose and did that stupid slow dance where they put one arm around your waist but leave the other hanging down all cool like šŸ˜‚. Im afraid they were so far up themselves they needed a ladder to climb back down. My heart broke a little bit that night.
I love this recollection, thanks so much for sharing! Thatā€™s fascinating, and šŸ˜‚ at the hooky nose and dance!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I met Jimmy Saville when I was about 6 at the cafe in Roundhay Park when I was up in Leeds visiting family. He signed a napkin for me...he terrified me even though he was perfectly pleasant and my mum told me off for being ā€˜rudeā€™.

Years later when I was 18/19 my boyfriend at the time and his mates used to love doing Jimmy Saville impressions and thought he was such a funny man. I used to say nah he gives me the creeps and people laughed at me. This would have been 2003. I didnā€™t take any comfort in being proved right just a few years later though šŸ˜¢
I never met him but I never liked him he was too creepy, a lot people used to say that I was really mean because he did all his charity work and raised money for good causes. Turns out i was right.

Reactions: 5
why do I always miss a new thread! :ROFLMAO: the Timmy Mallett post reminded me of when used to work in a flash regional hotel years ago that had a long, straight driveway. He was staying the night. He was 'Timmy Mallett' the entire time and then, when he left, he stopped the car halfway down the drive, got out and malletted the car bonnet then got back in and drove away.
This has tickled me,Iā€™m sat here howling. Hubbyā€™s wondering what the hell is going on šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A bit more on ex-Eastenders cast.
Patsy Palmerā€™s real name is Julie Harris, she comes from the Bethnal Green area, and used to work in my hubbyā€™s uncles Video Rental shop in the 80ā€™s, she was apparently lovely, but her mum was a horror, used to come in the shop and have full blown rows with Julie. Hubbyā€™s uncle had to sack her in the end, and her mum owed money on a video she took out and never paid it!! Julie moved to an expensive estate called Repton Park, when she was in Eastenders, but now lives in Malibu, and funny enough- her on screen mother Lindsey Coulson (Carol Jackson) is married to Julieā€™s older brother!!
A few years ago, me and hubby were house hunting, and went to view a beautiful house in Great Easton. The house was empty- and looked like no one had lived in there for years. Anyway, even though it was everything we were looking for, I had this horrible sense of foreboding, like a feeling I couldnā€™t shake. I told my mum about the house, and after doing a bit of research, it turned out that the house had been owned by Mike Reid (Frank Butcher). And I had been right about my gut feeling, because, in 1986, Mikeā€™s son, Mark, had accidentally shot his best friend in the garden, using one of Mikeā€™s guns. And because Mark couldnā€™t get over what had happened, he set himself on fire, and died in 1990. We never bought the house.
Another thing about Mike Reid, was that he used to be Roger Mooreā€™s stunt double in the Saint, but he got sacked after taking the piss out of Rogerā€™s thinning hair!! Sid Owens used to be good friends with Nick Berry, and I used to see him all the time where I live. And, he brought out a cookbook, canā€™t remember its name, but it had loads of pictures of my local shops, and lots of pictures of Sid cooking at Nick Berryā€™s house. I think that Sid bought a French chateau, with the idea of turning it into a restaurant/hotel. Not sure what heā€™s doing now, as this was years ago.
I can write this because I read an interview she gave about it in a magazine, but Patsy/Julie is in AA and has been sober for a while (in saying that, the interview was a few years ago but hopefully sheā€™s still sober)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Just saw on my Twitter TL Rhian Sugden has been talking about the Vernon Kay texts again.

I really dont get why she brings it up so often lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I wonder what is going to happen to the Kelly and Ryan TV show with Ryan moving back to CA.

Reactions: 3
Just saw on my Twitter TL Rhian Sugden has been talking about the Vernon Kay texts again.

I really dont get why she brings it up so often lol
You know, it really wouldnā€™t suprise me, if Rhian and Vernon never stopped their ā€œaffairā€. But, last I heard about Rhian Sugden, was that she was having a hard time trying to get pregnant, but she said that her new husband had been amazing. So who knows? But she often speaks about Vernon, and even did an ā€œapologyā€ letter to Tess Daly, which the Sun featured last year (I think)

Reactions: 3
I can write this because I read an interview she gave about it in a magazine, but Patsy/Julie is in AA and has been sober for a while (in saying that, the interview was a few years ago but hopefully sheā€™s still sober)
Repton Park not far from me,it used to be a mental home (Claybury Mental home) gorgeous flats,lots Zelebs lived there Jack Tweedy lived there,I think at the time of his rape trial.There is always something about for hospitals turned in to flats.šŸ‘€

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Whoever asked about Sid Owen.
I was in Guy Ritchies pub last summer. It was very empty in the bar on a Sunday afternoon. Sid was in there having a couple of pints. I was quite shocked at how old and wrinkled he was. Haggard almost. We said hello as we passed each other so I got a good look.
He looked like heā€™d had a hard life.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Whoever asked about Sid Owen.
I was in Guy Ritchies pub last summer. It was very empty in the bar on a Sunday afternoon. Sid was in there having a couple of pints. I was quite shocked at how old and wrinkled he was. Haggard almost. We said hello as we passed each other so I got a good look.
He looked like heā€™d had a hard life.
I've always thought he looked rough. Put it down to the fact he's a heavy smoker.

Reactions: 9
I've always thought he looked rough. Put it down to the fact he's a heavy smoker.
He was seeing one of the girls in my class at school when he got his first acting job. He had a really crap childhood if I remember rightly.

I grew up in Islington so used to know a lot of child actors from Anna Scher's Theatre school. The Grange Hill cast were a proper bunch of druggies - I remember a load of them were off their faces when they recorded Just Say No.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
He was seeing one of the girls in my class at school when he got his first acting job. He had a really crap childhood if I remember rightly.

I grew up in Islington so used to know a lot of child actors from Anna Scher's Theatre school. The Grange Hill cast were a proper bunch of druggies - I remember a load of them were off their faces when they recorded Just Say No.
Yes I heard alot of the GH cast smoked cannabis in the loos at the White House LOL.
All very secretive about how JoAnn Kenny from GH died. She was so young.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Work in a high end jewellers in Cambridge. We used to get the odd well known face cone in .
Bill Nighy from (Love Actually , Shaun of the dead ...numerous films) wandered into our jewellery shop . He was immaculately dressed and absolutely lovely . Bought a stunning piece of jewellery for his partner . Asked lots of questions and was just very friendly and down to earth .
Kate Aide the news correspondent was lovely so polite and friendly .

Germaine Greer was very intimidating . She has a presence but puts you on edge . Well meaning though .

Lionel Blair was just grumpy and off hand .

gwyneth Paltrow walked past . We hoped she would come in but she didnā€™t . She was filming Ted & Sylvia at the time . The people surrounding her were presumably telling her what she could and couldnā€™t do .

Alfie Allen from game of thrones was just chilling outside our shop . Very down to earth , unassuming and friendly . Smiling at people who no doubt recognised him .
Kate Aide was quite well known for sharing sleeping bags with soldiers in war zones.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.