Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Simply_The_Bestest

I've been lurking for awhile but had a spare half an hour so thought I'd spill my beans :) I work somewhere in the media.

Brace yourself its going to be a long one!

David Walliams - Frosty to say the least but would turn the charm on for phone calls so felt extra weird and frosty when he'd finish the call and turn back to us dead eyed. A real 'come on, get on with it' vibe. Very dismissive. Left a bad taste.

He’s weird because what is he really now? An actor? No. A comedian? Maybe before but not really. A presenter? I suppose?

Jonathan Rhys Meyers - Warned off by handlers not to talk to him but he started chatting to us, really friendly and smelled like parma violets! This was during his lengthy cocaine hell period but seemed on top of it.

Rhys Ifans - Drunk but chatty when he had to be. Surprised to see him with loads of Spiderman merchandise from The Amazing Spiderman which he'd just done, phone case, back pack. Obviously loves a freebie!

James Corden - Now, this didn't happen to me but I trust the person who told me. Quite a few years ago on a film, everyone was on a break and they had some fun catering in as a reward to the crew, candy floss etc. One guy had a toffee apple in his hand and was talking to another crew member, without a word Corden walked straight between them and as he passed SLAPPED the toffee apple out of the guys hand and onto the floor. Corden kept walking and never looked back. Crew members shocked into silence. Haha, awful!

Timmy Mallet - He came to us straight from a funeral. We saw his car park up, he got out of the car, grey suit etc. In the short time coming up the stairs he had somehow transformed into 'TIMMY MALLET', quite the change, haha!

Very friendly, lots of questions. Basically forced me to have a photo with him, happy I did though. Was funny how his wife seemed to be in charge, even helping him with puns. Loads of Mallets for sale in the back of the car.

Phil Tufnell - Nice bloke, a bit confused. Wasn't a sports thing so was wondering why he was there, haha.

Lucy Watson (Made in Chelsea) - Very, very, very small.

Brian May - Very chatty, happy to give everyone a piece of him but it visibly tired him as it went on. Had to have some time to himself hiding in a little pop up tent.

Harry Redknapp - Very easy going, he asked if he nailed his lines on camera could he quickly nip next door to the bar as he had an accumulator on. He was in and out all day. I'm sure he can turn but can see why people warm to him.

Matthew Kelly - Very friendly, really likes crews. I knew, but was surprised how camp he was. Everything was innuendo!

Keith from the Office - Blankety blank. Harmless.

Keith Chegwin - Total pro, again, asked questions about everyone, really worked a room.

Everyone couldn't believe how 'up' he was all the time but once I was in the toilet cubicle, he came in and didn’t know I was there. Even alone he was chirpy and whistling, even did a 'wha-hey!' whilst washing his hands. He did mention how he used to down cough syrup in his drinking days when he couldn't get his hands on booze.

Also, his personalised car number plate was 'KC F2G'. We were all trying to work it out? We asked him as he was passing an office, without missing a step he said, Keith Chegwin F**ks Two Girls….???? Hahaha. WTF?

Tony Blackburn - Accidentally had lunch with him and I told him about my Mum loving him when he was younger. Happy to chat. Total WIG! Great from the front, bad from the back, too severe.

Russell Grant - Very sweaty. Great company, would sing show tunes to me. He had a mysterious peroxide young man following him about that never spoke.

Warwick Davies - Total pro, again lots of time for everyone. Knows what his career/fanbase is and leans hard into it.

Carol Smilie - Total Cnut. Demanding without deserving it. A chill in the air when she entered a room. Thankfully she's worn out her welcome now.

Jean Claude Van Damme - Whilst back on the booze and whatever else he slept with his own daughters stunt double! Head fcuk! He was cameo-ing in a film of hers.

Darren Day - His mockney accent is even stupider in real life. Embarrassing.

Stephen Graham - amazed how small he was. Like, as tall as a garden gate, haha. See also Tom Hardy. They’ve got big heads so look big on screen. They would be good for putting your pint on their head to rest.

Brian Blessed - Insane but great fun. Exactly what you’d want, a whirlwind! Went to his house. He has a Brian Blessed man cave for interviews and P.R. in his garage. You have to maneuver thorough his overgrown garden and loads of mess. He's very playful. Forced me to have a autographed book of his. Talked about going to Mars and how he visits NASA once a year to shout at them to hurry up before he dies!

Apart from Smillie, Walliams & Corden never come across anyone who is a definite wrong um.

To be honest most of the time the worst ones are the low levels actors, even extras sometimes, who have an unnecessary amount of entitlement, perhaps thats why the don’t get anywhere?

Or its all the surrounding PA’s/producers etc that amp it all up, don’t look at them! Leave them alone etc!

Reminds me of a friends experience, perfect example. My friend was on a car advert thing with Tom Hardy. Producers were all like 'leave him alone', 'Everyone who isn’t needed, get in this van', everyone was like, 'what?!?'

And because they didn’t know what coffee Tom likes they got one of everything from Starbucks - mad! When Hardy turns up, he’s like, 'where is everyone? where's the crew?' The producer reluctantly says, 'err over in that van'. Suddenly van doors open up, Tom has got all the drinks, hands them around and tells everyone to get out of the van. Producer looks like a massive dick.

Also, Hardy was supposed to stay within a certain driving distance of the producers in their follow car but Hardy decided it would be more fun to speed off with the camera guy and have some fun around town whilst the producers poo themselves. Fun!

Ooo, almost forgot! Max Bygraves! Years ago someone I knew worked in a hotel restaurant during a summer season whilst Bygraves was doing a show. One lunchtime as Bygraves passed through to the till, the person I know served him and then cheekily gave the tips jar a tap. Bygraves ignored it completely and carried on. When the person I know returned to work the next day, his manager called him in and said he now had to work in the kitchen and wasn’t allowed out front anymore. Apparently Bygraves had gone straight to management and said one of the staff had tried to force him to leave a tip and he wanted them fired! The manager wanted an easy life so to placate Bygraves he said he had but instead just moved him to the kitchen. This persons wife was so mad at this she sent Bygraves a letter saying how horrible he was. He REPLIED! Saying that he was a horrible person (he wasn't apologising) and that when he dies he was going to haunt them! Haha. Bizarre! He’s dead now and they’ve never heard ‘I’m a pink toothbrush’ echoing in the night so I guess he didn’t. :)

Phew, that'll do!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 191

Don't tag me, there's a support forum!
New thread early and please no more racism discussions on these celeb threads as it's offtopic and just gets into an argument. Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 85

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
New thread early and please no more racism discussions on these celeb threads as it's offtopic and just gets into an argument. Thanks
Couldn't agree more.

I haven't really interacted with the last few celebrity gossip threads because I just found them to be really aggressive and arguementative.

The early threads were fun. Things like "I met my childhood hero in Sainsburys when I was 7 and had my photo taken with him" and "My Auntie's neighbour is soap star X. I met her once and she was lovely"

Stuff like that. A bit of a laugh. I come on here (well I used to) in order to get away from the seriousness of everything that's happening at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I've been lurking for awhile but had a spare half an hour so thought I'd spill my beans :) I work somewhere in the media.

Brace yourself its going to be a long one!

David Walliams - Frosty to say the least but would turn the charm on for phone calls so felt extra weird and frosty when he'd finish the call and turn back to us dead eyed. A real 'come on, get on with it' vibe. Very dismissive. Left a bad taste.

He’s weird because what is he really now? An actor? No. A comedian? Maybe before but not really. A presenter? I suppose?

Jonathan Rhys Meyers - Warned off by handlers not to talk to him but he started chatting to us, really friendly and smelled like parma violets! This was during his lengthy cocaine hell period but seemed on top of it.

Rhys Ifans - Drunk but chatty when he had to be. Surprised to see him with loads of Spiderman merchandise from The Amazing Spiderman which he'd just done, phone case, back pack. Obviously loves a freebie!

James Corden - Now, this didn't happen to me but I trust the person who told me. Quite a few years ago on a film, everyone was on a break and they had some fun catering in as a reward to the crew, candy floss etc. One guy had a toffee apple in his hand and was talking to another crew member, without a word Corden walked straight between them and as he passed SLAPPED the toffee apple out of the guys hand and onto the floor. Corden kept walking and never looked back. Crew members shocked into silence. Haha, awful!

Timmy Mallet - He came to us straight from a funeral. We saw his car park up, he got out of the car, grey suit etc. In the short time coming up the stairs he had somehow transformed into 'TIMMY MALLET', quite the change, haha!

Very friendly, lots of questions. Basically forced me to have a photo with him, happy I did though. Was funny how his wife seemed to be in charge, even helping him with puns. Loads of Mallets for sale in the back of the car.

Phil Tufnell - Nice bloke, a bit confused. Wasn't a sports thing so was wondering why he was there, haha.

Lucy Watson (Made in Chelsea) - Very, very, very small.

Brian May - Very chatty, happy to give everyone a piece of him but it visibly tired him as it went on. Had to have some time to himself hiding in a little pop up tent.

Harry Redknapp - Very easy going, he asked if he nailed his lines on camera could he quickly nip next door to the bar as he had an accumulator on. He was in and out all day. I'm sure he can turn but can see why people warm to him.

Matthew Kelly - Very friendly, really likes crews. I knew, but was surprised how camp he was. Everything was innuendo!

Keith from the Office - Blankety blank. Harmless.

Keith Chegwin - Total pro, again, asked questions about everyone, really worked a room.

Everyone couldn't believe how 'up' he was all the time but once I was in the toilet cubicle, he came in and didn’t know I was there. Even alone he was chirpy and whistling, even did a 'wha-hey!' whilst washing his hands. He did mention how he used to down cough syrup in his drinking days when he couldn't get his hands on booze.

Also, his personalised car number plate was 'KC F2G'. We were all trying to work it out? We asked him as he was passing an office, without missing a step he said, Keith Chegwin F**ks Two Girls….???? Hahaha. WTF?

Tony Blackburn - Accidentally had lunch with him and I told him about my Mum loving him when he was younger. Happy to chat. Total WIG! Great from the front, bad from the back, too severe.

Russell Grant - Very sweaty. Great company, would sing show tunes to me. He had a mysterious peroxide young man following him about that never spoke.

Warwick Davies - Total pro, again lots of time for everyone. Knows what his career/fanbase is and leans hard into it.

Carol Smilie - Total Cnut. Demanding without deserving it. A chill in the air when she entered a room. Thankfully she's worn out her welcome now.

Jean Claude Van Damme - Whilst back on the booze and whatever else he slept with his own daughters stunt double! Head fcuk! He was cameo-ing in a film of hers.

Darren Day - His mockney accent is even stupider in real life. Embarrassing.

Stephen Graham - amazed how small he was. Like, as tall as a garden gate, haha. See also Tom Hardy. They’ve got big heads so look big on screen. They would be good for putting your pint on their head to rest.

Brian Blessed - Insane but great fun. Exactly what you’d want, a whirlwind! Went to his house. He has a Brian Blessed man cave for interviews and P.R. in his garage. You have to maneuver thorough his overgrown garden and loads of mess. He's very playful. Forced me to have a autographed book of his. Talked about going to Mars and how he visits NASA once a year to shout at them to hurry up before he dies!

Apart from Smillie, Walliams & Corden never come across anyone who is a definite wrong um.

To be honest most of the time the worst ones are the low levels actors, even extras sometimes, who have an unnecessary amount of entitlement, perhaps thats why the don’t get anywhere?

Or its all the surrounding PA’s/producers etc that amp it all up, don’t look at them! Leave them alone etc!

Reminds me of a friends experience, perfect example. My friend was on a car advert thing with Tom Hardy. Producers were all like 'leave him alone', 'Everyone who isn’t needed, get in this van', everyone was like, 'what?!?'

And because they didn’t know what coffee Tom likes they got one of everything from Starbucks - mad! When Hardy turns up, he’s like, 'where is everyone? where's the crew?' The producer reluctantly says, 'err over in that van'. Suddenly van doors open up, Tom has got all the drinks, hands them around and tells everyone to get out of the van. Producer looks like a massive dick.

Also, Hardy was supposed to stay within a certain driving distance of the producers in their follow car but Hardy decided it would be more fun to speed off with the camera guy and have some fun around town whilst the producers poo themselves. Fun!

Ooo, almost forgot! Max Bygraves! Years ago someone I knew worked in a hotel restaurant during a summer season whilst Bygraves was doing a show. One lunchtime as Bygraves passed through to the till, the person I know served him and then cheekily gave the tips jar a tap. Bygraves ignored it completely and carried on. When the person I know returned to work the next day, his manager called him in and said he now had to work in the kitchen and wasn’t allowed out front anymore. Apparently Bygraves had gone straight to management and said one of the staff had tried to force him to leave a tip and he wanted them fired! The manager wanted an easy life so to placate Bygraves he said he had but instead just moved him to the kitchen. This persons wife was so mad at this she sent Bygraves a letter saying how horrible he was. He REPLIED! Saying that he was horrible and that when he dies he was going to haunt them! Haha. Bizarre! He’s dead now and they’ve never heard ‘I’m a pink toothbrush’ echoing in the night so I guess he didn’t. :)

Phew, that'll do!
Brilliant! Love all these but especially Keith Chegwin saying 'wah hey' to himself washing his hands. What an excellent touch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Girlinabubble

Dr Christian sent very explicit selfies in bondage gear to my son - I once read that someone described as looking like a muscle in a shirt and I have that in my mind as well as the leather strap outfit now!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 73

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Not exactly gossip but I read this amusing true story yesterday about England goal keeper Peter Shilton, who apparently takes himself incredibly seriously.
A few years ago he was goalkeeper/manager of a struggling team (I think Plymouth Argyle???) - anyway he was giving them a motivational talk to help stop them being relegated to the lower divisions.
He ended up with 'well if we work hard we can definitely come back - like a pheasant rising from the ashes'. Awkward silence, then one of the players says - 'Er I think you might mean phoenix'. To which Shilton irritably replies 'well I knew it began with an F'.

• Haha
Reactions: 72

Handerton

Chatty Member
Where Im living at the moment there is a Nigerien guy who owns a record label living acriss the vourtyard. We can call him the Don.He has a steady stream of African peeps mostly grime artists wafting through our complex spitting wraps, smoking weed partying . Various dudes come in Stormzy is 72 years old being a regular, I think hes driving the silver G wagon with black lives matters logo on its doors and hood of the car. I need to do some more research on faces so i recognise the others...will report back with covert imagery so perhaps we can ID them. 🤣
Bonus points if one of them is Andi Peters

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71

Ladyloulou35

I worked in a large tourist attraction, in a very large entrance area with all the pay desks was the door to reception, this is where I worked, one day Bobby Davro came in, he looked down at me and said “my entourage and I would like to get into the attraction “ I said oh ok, I will show you were the paydesk is , you must have missed it.😂. He said, I don’t think you understand I want admission into the attraction for my entourage and myself. To this day I am not sure how I held a straight face, I said yes I understand, you want to get in, so I will show you where to pay. He said I don’t want to pay! So I still with a straight face said, how are you going to get in then if you don’t pay? He then pulled out the one I was waiting for, don’t you know who I am? I said no I don’t, should I? Do you know who I am? He was a bit exasperated at this point, just then his wife popped her head round the door and said what are you doing? We are waiting to pay! Before he could say anything, I said is this lady part of your entourage? She was so embarrassed, the entourage was just her and the kids 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

Dinnerbag

Chatty Member
As a kid met jimmy saville several times, and a fair few years ago Jason manford tweeted me.
Now both instances have knocked my confidence and I’ve now realised I must be the female version of Cilla blacks sons....
Jimmy never touched me
And Jason wasn’t smutty or arranged to meet up or video call.....

• Haha
Reactions: 67

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
The early threads were fun. Things like "I met my childhood hero in Sainsburys when I was 7 and had my photo taken with him" and "My Auntie's neighbour is soap star X. I met her once and she was lovely"

Stuff like that. A bit of a laugh. I come on here (well I used to) in order to get away from the seriousness of everything that's happening at the moment.
[/QUOTE]
OMG, this! ⬆⬆⬆ I can’t get my head round why people would visit a celebrity gossip thread then start arguing about politics, religion, terfs (whatever the fuck they are) or, even worse, talking about child murders etc. Seriously people, this thread’s not for you

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Not my own story:

I offered a VERY minor celebrity in the UK, who was in town to do a pantomime, a store card (that we have to offer everyone!) and his response was "I don't need 5℅ off. I could pay your wages for 10 years from one job. Don't you know who I am?"

So I decided to lie. "Not a clue." I then called my boss (who I knew didn't watch any soaps) on the tannoy and asked him if he knew said celeb. He said "Sorry no. Should I?"

Then I asked the customer behind him who said no. Mayne they she was just getting involved or she genuinely didn't know, I have no idea. But that lady was a legend.

Then he said "Sam Kane? Brookside? Coronanation Street?!" I finished with"Nope. Still dont know you. So you sure you don't want to take advantage of the 5℅ discount? It means you save £3.55..."

He walked out. My manager complimented me on my store card pitch. It was a good afternoon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Cloff

VIP Member
I used to work in PR and one day we set up a promotional photo/video shoot for our client’s ambassador at the time - Louise Redknapp.

She turned up 2 hours late for a 4 hour shoot. She refused to speak to ANYBODY. We had to talk to her via her agent (who was constantly on the phone so made it really difficult)

She ranted that there were carbs on the refreshment table.

When she left, she didn’t thank anyone, say goodbye or ask if we were happy with the content. Definitely up there as the biggest bitch I’ve ever worked with.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Team JCM

VIP Member
Where Im living at the moment there is a Nigerien guy who owns a record label living acriss the vourtyard. We can call him the Don.He has a steady stream of African peeps mostly grime artists wafting through our complex spitting raps, smoking weed partying . Various dudes come in Stormzy is 72 years old being a regular, I think hes driving the silver G wagon with black lives matters logo on its doors and hood of the car. I need to do some more research on faces so i recognise the others...will report back with covert imagery so perhaps we can ID them. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

TeaLover49

They say never meet your childhood heroes for fear of them not making your day.
I'm a HUGE fan of A-ha. Been to many gigs. Well, around the time they released their Analogue album, I won a competition to a secret gig and was given 2 tickets. I went on the A-ha forum and offered one of them to the first fan to message me.
The day of the gig, there was 98 other fans (it was a small gig in Cargo, Shoreditch) and they all bought A-ha stuff to be autographed. I was the only one who didn't because I didn't expect to meet them.
The girl I gave ticket to was a diehard fan, met the band loads of times.
After the gig, the band went outside and signed stuff for the fans. The girl I was with asked me did I bring anything. I said no, I never met the band and didn't expect too. Then, all of a sudden Morten Harket and Magne was signing my notebook (I always had a small notebook and pen in my bag). They were just so wonderfully wonderful with the fans. It truly made my day, especially when another fan took photos and there was one of me with Morten, which she put on forum.
Made me love A-ha even more. And I've never heard a bad word from any fan about meeting A-ha.
(I'd be gutted if there was any bad tea about them)

• Heart

Fourcandles

Well I will let you all know if this was the case when I meet Rick Astley 😁😁 There is hope yet 🥰🥰🥰
oh my gosh, time for my first post. I actually sent this in to popbitch a couple of years ago and they published it. Rick Astley is amazing, he lived on the road I grew up on from about 2000-2013. One Christmas my family were staying and my young cousin was an autograph collector. He put a note through the Astley’s door explaining that he was staying with my parents, who knew Rick quite well at this point, and politely requesting an autograph. On Christmas morning the doorbell went, and there was Rick ready for photos and autographs, he stayed for a glass of champagne and was genuinely lovely.

funnily enough, Tom Holland of spider man fame now lives in that same house!

• Heart

gukkies

Met Tom Ellis (Lucifer and Miranda actor) a couple of years ago at a con. Such a genuinely sweet, engaging and charming guy, even when not having to present himself as so to fans. So handsome that for five whole minutes I forgot I was a lesbian.

• Haha
Reactions: 51

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
This isn’t really gossip but I remember Liz Hurley doing a swimwear campaign in Bloomingdales NYC, this was when she used to still model the swimwear. I was in NYC on hols, went into the store, not to see her, but then saw a poster with the ‘event’ details on. I was was chatting away to my husband and she walked past and said ‘ a London accent’! She chatted very briefly then asked if we were going to watch the event. I laughed and said there are so many people here I won’t be able to see ( there were loads of press) , she got her assistant to get me a small step ladder so I could stand at the back and watch! I did and then she signed a brochure and I had a photo with her . She’s was lovely .

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48