Secret Celebrity Gossip #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re Jimmy Savile: I would like to know whether the tons of people weeping at his funeral, filing past his gold coffin and lining the route of the funeral procession now admit to having done so.

At the time, I was working for a business with a branch in Leeds, and it happened that during the week of the funeral, in November 2011, I was staying in a hotel in Leeds for work, so I saw it all happening.

there was a massive queue of people outside the Queens Hotel in City Square, waiting to file past the coffin, which was lying in state in a function room in that hotel, and sign a book of condolence etc. etc. Even before the truth about him came out I thought they were barmy.

The local news was full of it, including interviews with Savile’s nephews and other relations who were falling over themselves to give him a magnificent and disproportionate send-off. Why? Even if he hadn’t been as dodgy as he subsequently turned out to be, and genuinely had been a lovable old eccentric in a gold track suit who did loads of work for charidee, why such a circus?

Plenty of prominent people - Prince Charles, Esther Rantzen, the then director general of the BBC, government ministers, Dave Lee Travis (!!), the former chief exec of Broadmoor, the leader of Leeds City Council - paid public tribute to him.

The streets of Leeds were lined with people ‘paying their respects‘ (I think the usual term is ‘grief thief’).

I wonder how many of those people now deny any involvement or pretend it didn’t happen? Particularly his family.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Anyone remember a woman claimed to be his love child? She was the spit of him,had his mouth,chin everything.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Re Jimmy Savile: I would like to know whether the tons of people weeping at his funeral, filing past his gold coffin and lining the route of the funeral procession now admit to having done so.

At the time, I was working for a business with a branch in Leeds, and it happened that during the week of the funeral, in November 2011, I was staying in a hotel in Leeds for work, so I saw it all happening.

there was a massive queue of people outside the Queens Hotel in City Square, waiting to file past the coffin, which was lying in state in a function room in that hotel, and sign a book of condolence etc. etc. Even before the truth about him came out I thought they were barmy.

The local news was full of it, including interviews with Savile’s nephews and other relations who were falling over themselves to give him a magnificent and disproportionate send-off. Why? Even if he hadn’t been as dodgy as he subsequently turned out to be, and genuinely had been a lovable old eccentric in a gold track suit who did loads of work for charidee, why such a circus?

Plenty of prominent people - Prince Charles, Esther Rantzen, the then director general of the BBC, government ministers, Dave Lee Travis (!!), the former chief exec of Broadmoor, the leader of Leeds City Council - paid public tribute to him.

The streets of Leeds were lined with people ‘paying their respects‘ (I think the usual term is ‘grief thief’).

I wonder how many of those people now deny any involvement or pretend it didn’t happen? Particularly his family.
This is exactly what I meant when I posted about Saville being very friendly with Thatcher and Prince Charles...And, again, I don’t buy the BS that “No one knew”. You don’t become friendly with the PM and the Heir to their throne without people knowing your past.

Reactions: 26
Anyone remember a woman claimed to be his love child? She was the spit of him,had his mouth,chin everything.
Yes. Maybe when she found out what he was liked she decided she didn’t really want to know whether or not he was her dad?

Reactions: 5
Yes, I remember reading about her after the bastard died. Back then, I think she wanted money from his will, but the family said no, and so she sold her story to the Sunday rags.

Reactions: 10
Rum Runner was famous! Duran Duran etc used to virtually live there. I was obsessed with the group Japan. I met them once... major disappointment 😢

Now a gin and gossip is something I would be well up for.😘
What happened with Japan? I loved them💖

Reactions: 3
At the very least, the Savile debacle shows that public figures need to make sure that they really know people before jumping on the bandwagon, paying glowing tributes!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
A bit more on ex-Eastenders cast.
Patsy Palmer’s real name is Julie Harris, she comes from the Bethnal Green area, and used to work in my hubby’s uncles Video Rental shop in the 80’s, she was apparently lovely, but her mum was a horror, used to come in the shop and have full blown rows with Julie. Hubby’s uncle had to sack her in the end, and her mum owed money on a video she took out and never paid it!! Julie moved to an expensive estate called Repton Park, when she was in Eastenders, but now lives in Malibu, and funny enough- her on screen mother Lindsey Coulson (Carol Jackson) is married to Julie’s older brother!!
A friend of mine years ago used to babysit for Patsy Palmer Julie’s kids when she moved down to Brighton. Apparently she was lovely, she had recently launched or was about to launch a cosmetics line and used to give her freebies all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’d like to know if any of the presumably hundreds of doctors, nurses and hospital administrators who let him abuse children under their care have any guilt over what they let happen for decades

• Angry
Reactions: 25
I can write this because I read an interview she gave about it in a magazine, but Patsy/Julie is in AA and has been sober for a while (in saying that, the interview was a few years ago but hopefully she’s still sober)
Good for her. I'm always impressed by people who get sober.

Reactions: 13
At the very least, the Savile debacle shows that public figures need to make sure that they really know people before jumping on the bandwagon, paying glowing tributes!
The thing is they all at least must have suspected but still did glowing tributes. The presses well as the BBC played their part in keeping his secrets because they didnt want to see.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
A very good friend used to know a few bands from the 80’s. Siouxsie Sioux was a nightmare, really rude, really obnoxious, but that could be because my friend slept with her, and was seeing her before getting dumped- he said he didn’t care (I think he did) however, he did say, that she was really pretty without makeup, but was so insecure about her looks, that she would spend hours getting ready, and never went out without her armour on.
After the Blitz, Steve Strange, Rusty Egan, Boy George etc were up the Camden Palace. Steve was lovely, fun, but could be a pain if he fancied you and you were straight (as my friend is). My friend also had Boy George follow him round like a lovesick puppy, and when my friend told him he was straight, Boy George replied that he only really fancied straight boys!! Also, there was a wild party my friend attended, and he met Prince, (wore tons of makeup, but very sweet). Chrissie Hynde was stunning in person, and very sexy, and had a stare off with my friend- she won apparently!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

I’ve always wanted to stay in the queens hotel in Leeds, I say it everytime to my partner when we get off the train and walk past it, that’s put me off...

Reactions: 4
A very good friend used to know a few bands from the 80’s. Siouxsie Sioux was a nightmare, really rude, really obnoxious, but that could be because my friend slept with her, and was seeing her before getting dumped- he said he didn’t care (I think he did) however, he did say, that she was really pretty without makeup, but was so insecure about her looks, that she would spend hours getting ready, and never went out without her armour on.
After the Blitz, Steve Strange, Rusty Egan, Boy George etc were up the Camden Palace. Steve was lovely, fun, but could be a pain if he fancied you and you were straight (as my friend is). My friend also had Boy George follow him round like a lovesick puppy, and when my friend told him he was straight, Boy George replied that he only really fancied straight boys!! Also, there was a wild party my friend attended, and he met Prince, (wore tons of makeup, but very sweet). Chrissie Hynde was stunning in person, and very sexy, and had a stare off with my friend- she won apparently!!
Siouxies song Hong Kong Garden was the local chinese takeaway in Chislehurst (Kent) near where I lived. I saw her a few times in the area and she was very pretty underneath all the make up but could be very condescending. She had a rough childhood with an alcoholic father.

Reactions: 10
Lurker but joining in. Rick Astleyis lovely but very shy. Boy George is wonderful and very loud. Steve strange was a sweetie. GGokWan has always come across as lovely too. Katie Price is truly likeable in a odd way. Will try and think of more. Husband works with lot of these x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.