Secret Celebrity Gossip #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Siouxies song Hong Kong Garden was the local chinese takeaway in Chislehurst (Kent) near where I lived. I saw her a few times in the area and she was very pretty underneath all the make up but could be very condescending. She had a rough childhood with an alcoholic father.
[/QUOTE
Yes, I heard she had a rough time growing up. And I love that Hong Kong Garden was named after your local takeaway!! Were you a friend of hers?

Reactions: 4
A bit more on ex-Eastenders cast.
Patsy Palmer’s real name is Julie Harris, she comes from the Bethnal Green area, and used to work in my hubby’s uncles Video Rental shop in the 80’s, she was apparently lovely, but her mum was a horror, used to come in the shop and have full blown rows with Julie. Hubby’s uncle had to sack her in the end, and her mum owed money on a video she took out and never paid it!! Julie moved to an expensive estate called Repton Park, when she was in Eastenders, but now lives in Malibu, and funny enough- her on screen mother Lindsey Coulson (Carol Jackson) is married to Julie’s older brother!!
A few years ago, me and hubby were house hunting, and went to view a beautiful house in Great Easton. The house was empty- and looked like no one had lived in there for years. Anyway, even though it was everything we were looking for, I had this horrible sense of foreboding, like a feeling I couldn’t shake. I told my mum about the house, and after doing a bit of research, it turned out that the house had been owned by Mike Reid (Frank Butcher). And I had been right about my gut feeling, because, in 1986, Mike’s son, Mark, had accidentally shot his best friend in the garden, using one of Mike’s guns. And because Mark couldn’t get over what had happened, he set himself on fire, and died in 1990. We never bought the house.
Another thing about Mike Reid, was that he used to be Roger Moore’s stunt double in the Saint, but he got sacked after taking the piss out of Roger’s thinning hair!! Sid Owens used to be good friends with Nick Berry, and I used to see him all the time where I live. And, he brought out a cookbook, can’t remember its name, but it had loads of pictures of my local shops, and lots of pictures of Sid cooking at Nick Berry’s house. I think that Sid bought a French chateau, with the idea of turning it into a restaurant/hotel. Not sure what he’s doing now, as this was years ago.
Patsy seemed really nice. I remember seeing her in a petrol station in Hoxton years ago (when she was in EE) back when it wasn't a trendy place at all. I always wondered how she ended up in Malibu as she doesn't work much now does she? Anyone know?

Reactions: 8
Patsy seemed really nice. I remember seeing her in a petrol station in Hoxton years ago (when she was in EE) back when it wasn't a trendy place at all. I always wondered how she ended up in Malibu as she doesn't work much now does she? Anyone know?
She’s a DJ now.

Reactions: 6
Don’t know what happened there?!! NikkiDee, I was responding to your post about how Hong Kong Garden was named after your local takeaway!! I heard that Siouxsie had a rough time growing up, really sad about her dad. Did you know her as a friend?

Yeah, I know she set up some kind of “Business Women’s Breakfast Club” for women to network and help make useful contacts. Last I heard, her daughter was trying to get into modelling. She’s apparently friendly with the Kardashian’s and Cindy Crawford and her family.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
She’s on Instagram, has a pretty nice set up

Reactions: 3
A friend of mine years ago used to babysit for Patsy Palmer Julie’s kids when she moved down to Brighton. Apparently she was lovely, she had recently launched or was about to launch a cosmetics line and used to give her freebies all the time.
My sister lived in the flat next to her when she first moved down to Brighton, she introduced herself as Julie (of course) and was apparently really, really lovely. My sister wasn’t an eastenders fan but LOVED Julie!

Reactions: 12
Patsy Palmer is a DJ in the US now. She's hanging around with Cindy Crawford. Children are models

Reactions: 6
Don’t know what happened there?!! NikkiDee, I was responding to your post about how Hong Kong Garden was named after your local takeaway!! I heard that Siouxsie had a rough time growing up, really sad about her dad. Did you know her as a friend?
I lived near Chislehurst but it was one of my school friends local take away. I was too young and too uncool to be a friend of hers! I only saw her a couple of times to be fair but it was strange as I saw her once with hardly any make up on and she appeared quite shy. The other times she had loads of slap on and had a totally different persona, almost like everyone was beneath her.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Whoever asked about Sid Owen.
I was in Guy Ritchies pub last summer. It was very empty in the bar on a Sunday afternoon. Sid was in there having a couple of pints. I was quite shocked at how old and wrinkled he was. Haggard almost. We said hello as we passed each other so I got a good look.
He looked like he’d had a hard life.
I used to have a real crush on Sid Owen I think I'm secretly a very hormonal woman in a man's body haha ..I always thought he gorgeous with his long hair ..I wonder if I need therapy

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Lurker but joining in. Rick Astleyis lovely but very shy. Boy George is wonderful and very loud. Steve strange was a sweetie. GGokWan has always come across as lovely too. Katie Price is truly likeable in a odd way. Will try and think of more. Husband works with lot of these x
I lived near Chislehurst but it was one of my school friends local take away. I was too young and too uncool to be a friend of hers! I only saw her a couple of times to be fair but it was strange as I saw her once with hardly any make up on and she appeared quite shy. The other times she had loads of slap on and had a totally different persona, almost like everyone was beneath her.
Yep, my friend said the same about her, she was certainly naturally pretty, but was a different person when she had her armour on. He said she used to sleep in her makeup, and if she stayed overnight with someone, she would wake up and ADD more makeup on top of last nights!! And ThankYou for your David Sylvian post, I used to absolutely adore that man, never met him, think I would have wet myself if I had ever got the opportunity to dance with him !! I actually had a boyfriend who used to model himself on David, his dad owned a pub in Romford, and I used to meet him on a Wednesday night at the local “alternative” club called The Rezz!! I still love “The Quiet Life” and he looks beautiful in the video for “Ghosts” ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Well I will let you all know if this was the case when I meet Rick Astley 😁😁 There is hope yet 🥰🥰🥰
oh my gosh, time for my first post. I actually sent this in to popbitch a couple of years ago and they published it. Rick Astley is amazing, he lived on the road I grew up on from about 2000-2013. One Christmas my family were staying and my young cousin was an autograph collector. He put a note through the Astley’s door explaining that he was staying with my parents, who knew Rick quite well at this point, and politely requesting an autograph. On Christmas morning the doorbell went, and there was Rick ready for photos and autographs, he stayed for a glass of champagne and was genuinely lovely.

funnily enough, Tom Holland of spider man fame now lives in that same house!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Yep, my friend said the same about her, she was certainly naturally pretty, but was a different person when she had her armour on. He said she used to sleep in her makeup, and if she stayed overnight with someone, she would wake up and ADD more makeup on top of last nights!! And ThankYou for your David Sylvian post, I used to absolutely adore that man, never met him, think I would have wet myself if I had ever got the opportunity to dance with him !! I actually had a boyfriend who used to model himself on David, his dad owned a pub in Romford, and I used to meet him on a Wednesday night at the local “alternative” club called The Rezz!! I still love “The Quiet Life” and he looks beautiful in the video for “Ghosts” ❤
I visited the Bromley museum in Orpington once and apart from references to the Buff Orpington chicken there was frequent mention of Souxsie too. She was also one of the punks featured in the background of *that* Sex Pistols/Bill Grundy interview.

Yes! Has nothing been found out how she died?
I wondered that too. She seemed to die really young.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Speaking of Prince, has anyone got any ☕? I love him but do feel a bit uneasy about how he took Mayte under his wing as a 16 year old, took over her guardianship and then told her to start birth control so he could start having sex with her. And during their relationship he would dock her pay if he caught her eating unhealthy foods etc.

mayte’s book is really fascinating.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I visited the Bromley museum in Orpington once and apart from references to the Buff Orpington chicken there was frequent mention of Souxsie too. She was also one of the punks featured in the background of *that* Sex Pistols/Bill Grundy interview.
Bill Grundy was supposedly flirting with Siouxsie, and Glen from The Sex Pistols told him he was a “bleeping old pervert” !! 😂

• Haha

I think her parents had moved to Scotland and she'd moved there (?). Even her old school friends didn't know anything about it. All very mysterious.

Reactions: 3
Ghosts is amazing . I love Japan too great image great records 👍 I also dig. Scott Walker and Marc Almond

• Heart
Work in a high end jewellers in Cambridge. We used to get the odd well known face cone in

Germaine Greer was very intimidating . She has a presence but puts you on edge . Well meaning though .
I encountered Germaine Greer while serving at a college in Cambridge (I was in school). I was just pouring drinks at the after dinner reception and was quite excited to meet her as my mum is a fan. However, she was very rude and condescending to me and other staff, made me feel really inferior. Completely changed my view of her

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.