Secret Celebrity Gossip #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying to organise an Internet forum thread and make rules is like trying to hold back a tidal wave with a broken spatula.
I want, no I NEED to know that Andi Peters is a great guy. The post that mentioned Keith Chegwin yesterday was the best post on here in bloody days.
Yeah the Keith one was a classic!

Reactions: 12
Couldn't agree more.

I haven't really interacted with the last few celebrity gossip threads because I just found them to be really aggressive and arguementative.

The early threads were fun. Things like "I met my childhood hero in Sainsburys when I was 7 and had my photo taken with him" and "My Auntie's neighbour is soap star X. I met her once and she was lovely"

Stuff like that. A bit of a laugh. I come on here (well I used to) in order to get away from the seriousness of everything that's happening at the moment.
This 👆🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 13
As a kid met jimmy saville several times, and a fair few years ago Jason manford tweeted me.
Now both instances have knocked my confidence and I’ve now realised I must be the female version of Cilla blacks sons....
Jimmy never touched me
And Jason wasn’t smutty or arranged to meet up or video call.....

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Back in the 90s I worked with a woman who, as a child, along with her siblings, had to attend parties that Jimmy Saville also went to. This was around Bolton area. She told me other names of notable people too but JS is the only one I remember. She didn’t give me details but said I’d never believe her if she told me what went on. Her brother committed suicide at 18 or 19. Her dad was a wrong ‘un but when he died she broke her heart.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Met Jimmy saville in the mid 80s at Broadmoor. My friend's dad was a nurse there and all the children were invited to a party there. He was handing out vouchers. Got strange vibes off him then,even without knowing anything about the rumours.

Used to see Rolf Harris all the time in town. Always very friendly.

They say never meet your childhood heroes for fear of them not making your day.
I'm a HUGE fan of A-ha. Been to many gigs. Well, around the time they released their Analogue album, I won a competition to a secret gig and was given 2 tickets. I went on the A-ha forum and offered one of them to the first fan to message me.
The day of the gig, there was 98 other fans (it was a small gig in Cargo, Shoreditch) and they all bought A-ha stuff to be autographed. I was the only one who didn't because I didn't expect to meet them.
The girl I gave ticket to was a diehard fan, met the band loads of times.
After the gig, the band went outside and signed stuff for the fans. The girl I was with asked me did I bring anything. I said no, I never met the band and didn't expect too. Then, all of a sudden Morten Harket and Magne was signing my notebook (I always had a small notebook and pen in my bag). They were just so wonderfully wonderful with the fans. It truly made my day, especially when another fan took photos and there was one of me with Morten, which she put on forum.
Made me love A-ha even more. And I've never heard a bad word from any fan about meeting A-ha.
(I'd be gutted if there was any bad tea about them)

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I'm a HUGE fan of A-ha. Been to many gigs. Well, around the time they released their Analogue album, I won a competition to a secret gig and was given 2 tickets. I went on the A-ha forum and offered one of them to the first fan to message me.
The day of the gig, there was 98 other fans (it was a small gig in Cargo, Shoreditch) and they all bought A-ha stuff to be autographed. I was the only one who didn't because I didn't expect to meet them.
After the gig, the band went outside and signed stuff for the fans. The girl I was with asked me did I bring anything. I said no, I never met the band and didn't expect too. Then, all of a sudden Morten Harket and Magne was signing my notebook (I always had a small notebook and pen in my bag). They were just so wonderfully wonderful with the fans. It truly made my day, especially when another fan took photos and there was one of me with Morten, which she put on forum.
Made me love A-ha even more. And I've never heard a bad word from any fan about meeting A-ha.
So jealous. Loved Morten.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Loved Aha too, I’m so pleased they were as lovely as you hoped. I thought you were going to say Morten was rude, I think he’s quite shy (?) so sometimes presents as being a bit aloof! Such a lovely memory to have

Reactions: 16
I met Jimmy Saville when I was about 6 at the cafe in Roundhay Park when I was up in Leeds visiting family. He signed a napkin for me...he terrified me even though he was perfectly pleasant and my mum told me off for being ‘rude’.

Years later when I was 18/19 my boyfriend at the time and his mates used to love doing Jimmy Saville impressions and thought he was such a funny man. I used to say nah he gives me the creeps and people laughed at me. This would have been 2003. I didn’t take any comfort in being proved right just a few years later though 😢

Reactions: 20
Met Jimmy saville in the mid 80s at Broadmoor. My friend's dad was a nurse there and all the children were invited to a party there. He was handing out vouchers. Got strange vibes off him then,even without knowing anything about the rumours.

Count yourself lucky that he did not show you his extra leg deedle eedle eedle um.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21

Maidenhead?

Reactions: 4

Kids were invited to a party at Broadmoor? The facility for the criminally insane? I find that irresponsible beyond measure, even without factoring in Jimmy Saville.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
My ex met Gok Wan in the smoking area on a renovation job in the west end. Ended up having five fag breaks with him. Said Gok was super friendly and invited him up to the floor he was working on with a load of underwear models.;)
I met Gok Wan in G.A.Y - he'd been filming his TV show so for some reason decided to bring in about four rails of clothes with him. i'd had a few shandies and stupidly said 'hello! aren't you Gok Wan?' and held out my hand. He gave me a filthy look and said 'errr yes' and walked off 🙃

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Kids were invited to a party at Broadmoor? The facility for the criminally insane? I find that irresponsible beyond measure, even without factoring in Jimmy Saville.
Yes it wasn't next to the cages 🤣They had a big function room but my mate did wi d me up saying we had to push pints through the bars to the Krays and Peter Sutcliffe 🤭😱

Ha ha I grew up there, used to see him too
Me too. Grandparents and parents used to live near furze platt train station.

• Haha
  • Wow
Trying to organise an Internet forum thread and make rules is like trying to hold back a tidal wave with a broken spatula.
I want, no I NEED to know that Andi Peters is a great guy. The post that mentioned Keith Chegwin yesterday was the best post on here in bloody days.
Well i saw him standing outside white city right in the door way so he could be seen by everyone walking in - he was in the bleeping way. Annoyed me sorry. He works out at the same gym as me so Ill be on the look out/stalk to get u some tea

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I cannot listen to Rylan Clark. He sounds like his teeth are two big for his mouth and he’s trying to stop them falling out. He’s also incredibly dumb. Everything out of his mouth is inane drivel. And he’s even more orange than Donald Trump.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.