Secret Celebrity Gossip #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He died of a pulmonary oedema, confirmed by a post mortem and toxicology exams. Would you of suggested chemsex if he had been straight? I trust you'll self delete.

It was vile. She half heartedly apologised for the 'timing' of it but not what she said. She claimed most people agreed with her and she was the real victim.

Unfortunately she's still alive and employed (by the mail obviously).
Yes, I think most people here are absolutely appalled by the DM article about Stephen Gately, but that doesn’t give you the right to suggest that the poster is homophobic !! And what gives you the right to tell her to “delete”?? If you don’t like a post, you know the rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yes, I think most people here are absolutely appalled by the DM article about Stephen Gately, but that doesn’t give you the right to suggest that the poster is homophobic !! And what gives you the right to tell her to “delete”?? If you don’t like a post, you know the rules.
I don't know 'the rules', I didn't 'tell' them to self delete, I said 'i trust you will', based on the fact they said delete if innapropriate. I didn't suggest they were homophobic, I asked if they'd of asked that same question had he been straight. I'm sure the poster can answer for themselves.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I don’t know how to self delete - as I said in the original post, delete the post if it’s a speculation too far? Although I’m not sure why this is any worse than anything else posted in this thread tbh.
You haven’t done anything wrong. And, when I was asking about Stephen Gately, I got a great post which explains everything that happened (I’m sure you’ve seen it). So for this poster to assume that you’re homophobic is just wrong, and then saying that you should delete your post is taking things too far. Just ignore him/her and continue your posts ❤

I don't know 'the rules', I didn't 'tell' them to self delete, I said 'i trust you will', based on the fact they said delete if innapropriate. I didn't suggest they were homophobic, I asked if they'd of asked that same question had he been straight. I'm sure the poster can answer for themselves.
Well you did say “Would You Have Suggested Chemsex If He Had Been Straight”. That does suggest that you are assuming the poster is homophobic.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You haven’t done anything wrong. And, when I was asking about Stephen Gately, I got a great post which explains everything that happened (I’m sure you’ve seen it). So for this poster to assume that you’re homophobic is just wrong, and then saying that you should delete your post is taking things too far. Just ignore him/her and continue your posts ❤

Well you did say “Would You Have Suggested Chemsex If He Had Been Straight”. That does suggest that you are assuming the poster is homophobic.
It only suggests that to you, it certainly didn't to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It was vile. She half heartedly apologised for the 'timing' of it but not what she said. She claimed most people agreed with her and she was the real victim.

Unfortunately she's still alive and employed (by the mail obviously).
I remember that Stephen Gately Daily Mail story well (I'm an insomniac and I think I read it not long after it went Live on their website) and I was one of the many angry commenters on there, it just read as thinly-veiled homophobia and arrogant judgement, and not only that, it hurt family and friends rocked by shock and grief. I remember reading it wide-eyed, not quite able to believe what I was reading. All played out in public. Why Jan Moir's still in a job I've no idea, it was an utter disgrace, ignorant and unforgivable. How dare she!

Re the Guardian mea culpa article - Playing the victim when you're so hateful - that's the first instinct of an online troll - she obviously doesn't think she did anything wrong!

The only other story I remember on DM that was actually removed from the site (after a torrent of outraged comments) was about Emily Lloyd, when she was so obviously vulnerable and going through a really bad time psychologically. So they do remove some stories - maybe her family intervened (Roger Lloyd-Pack was still alive at the time).

New thread:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I remember that Stephen Gately Daily Mail story well (I'm an insomniac and I think I read it not long after it went Live on their website) and I was one of the many angry commenters on there, it just read as thinly-veiled homophobia and arrogant judgement, and not only that, it hurt family and friends rocked by shock and grief. All played out in public. Why Jan Moir's still in a job I've no idea, it was an utter disgrace, ignorant and unforgivable.

The only other story I remember on DM that was actually removed from the site (after a torrent of outraged comments) was about Emily Lloyd, when she was so obviously vulnerable and going through a really bad time psychologically. So they do remove some stories - maybe her family intervened (Roger Lloyd-Pack was still alive at the time).
I think they had to take a few down and pay a shitload out over the Joanna Yeates murder coverage, when they arrested her landlord over it because he had blue hair and was a bit eccentric 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I once saw Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee doing Christmas shopping in Wh Smith. They were both quite small, Paul was wearing a beige Grandad coat but Debbie looked very glam and dainty. He was making jokes at the checkout with the shop assistant and Debbie was smiling along, they both seemed really genuine and sweet.
As a teenager, I worked in a popular electronics store where Paul Daniels was a regular. We could never figure out why, there were other branches closer to his home. In my experience, he was not genuine or sweet. He was an arrogant little twit who pulled the "do you know who I am?" tit when I checked the signature on his credit card, which was more muscle memory than anything else.

I also sold a laptop to Pete Tong (nice and chatty) and a digital camera to Paul Chuckle who sadly, reeked of alcohol at 10am on a Tuesday morning.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.