Secret Celebrity Gossip #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why do I always miss a new thread! :ROFLMAO: the Timmy Mallett post reminded me of when used to work in a flash regional hotel years ago that had a long, straight driveway. He was staying the night. He was 'Timmy Mallett' the entire time and then, when he left, he stopped the car halfway down the drive, got out and malletted the car bonnet then got back in and drove away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Well i saw him standing outside white city right in the door way so he could be seen by everyone walking in - he was in the bleeping way. Annoyed me sorry. He works out at the same gym as me so Ill be on the look out/stalk to get u some tea
Reminds me. We saw him outside Starbucks in Teddington a few years ago,sat outside looking to see if anyone recognised him.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I once saw Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee doing Christmas shopping in Wh Smith. They were both quite small, Paul was wearing a beige Grandad coat but Debbie looked very glam and dainty. He was making jokes at the checkout with the shop assistant and Debbie was smiling along, they both seemed really genuine and sweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I once saw Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee doing Christmas shopping in Wh Smith. They were both quite small, Paul was wearing a beige Grandad coat but Debbie looked very glam and dainty. He was making jokes at the checkout with the shop assistant and Debbie was smiling along, they both seemed really genuine and sweet.
Between my degree and postgrad I worked in a West End theatre running the foyer bar. We had many celebs come in to see the show, some were lovely, some were insufferable (cough Elenor Bron cough). But the loveliest of all were Paul and Debbie, and Steve Strange.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Between my degree and postgrad I worked in a West End theatre running the foyer bar. We had many celebs come in to see the show, some were lovely, some were insufferable (cough Elenor Bron cough). But the loveliest of all were Paul and Debbie, and Steve Strange.
Showing my age now but I used to frequent Blitz nightclub in London. Met a few new romantics but always left before it got too crazy. Steve Strange was lovely, always let me and my friends jump the queue. He was really quiet when he wasnt ‘acting’. Dont ask my age! You are all probably 567 years younger than me and have no idea what Blitz was! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Aww Steve strange ♥

Showing my age now but I used to frequent Blitz nightclub in London. Met a few new romantics but always left before it got too crazy. Steve Strange was lovely, always let me and my friends jump the queue. He was really quiet when he wasnt ‘acting’. Dont ask my age! You are all probably 567 years younger than me and have no idea what Blitz was! 😂
Would have loved to have gone to the blitz club. Did you ever meet Philip Sallon,Boy George, Marilyn or Leigh Bowery?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Aww Steve strange ♥

Would have loved to have gone to the blitz club. Did you ever meet Philip Sallon,Boy George, Marilyn or Leigh Bowery?
I met Boy George a few times, always friendly, I saw Marilyn around the place, hard to miss and I was fascinated as he was so beautiful. As for the others, I wasnt in the elite group, just a regular so probably came across them at some stage but there were so many gorgeous flamboyant people there it was great! It was a fantastic time to be a teenager, but as I say as soon as the drugs and orgies started at the end of the evening I was on the milk train home. I can see how it would have become easy to get involved in that scene and I was propositioned more times than I can count. Some inner self preservation must have kicked in. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Paul and Debbie 😊💕. I used to work in Windsor and would see them often in the small town. One memory was of them coming out of WH Smith opposite the castle, Debbie in a fur coat and high heels and holding on to Paul for dear life.

In Windsor?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I met Boy George a few times, always friendly, I saw Marilyn around the place, hard to miss and I was fascinated as he was so beautiful. As for the others, I wasnt in the elite group, just a regular so probably came across them at some stage but there were so many gorgeous flamboyant people there it was great! It was a fantastic time to be a teenager, but as I say as soon as the drugs and orgies started at the end of the evening I was on the milk train home. I can see how it would have become easy to get involved in that scene and I was propositioned more times than I can count. Some inner self preservation must have kicked in. 🤷‍♀️
God I'd love to sit and have a gin with you and just listen to all those tales!! I am so jealous.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
They say never meet your childhood heroes for fear of them not making your day.
I'm a HUGE fan of A-ha. Been to many gigs. Well, around the time they released their Analogue album, I won a competition to a secret gig and was given 2 tickets. I went on the A-ha forum and offered one of them to the first fan to message me.
The day of the gig, there was 98 other fans (it was a small gig in Cargo, Shoreditch) and they all bought A-ha stuff to be autographed. I was the only one who didn't because I didn't expect to meet them.
The girl I gave ticket to was a diehard fan, met the band loads of times.
After the gig, the band went outside and signed stuff for the fans. The girl I was with asked me did I bring anything. I said no, I never met the band and didn't expect too. Then, all of a sudden Morten Harket and Magne was signing my notebook (I always had a small notebook and pen in my bag). They were just so wonderfully wonderful with the fans. It truly made my day, especially when another fan took photos and there was one of me with Morten, which she put on forum.
Made me love A-ha even more. And I've never heard a bad word from any fan about meeting A-ha.
(I'd be gutted if there was any bad tea about them)
Well I will let you all know if this was the case when I meet Rick Astley 😁😁 There is hope yet 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
I know of the Blitz club but never went there. I was in Birmingham and so the Rum Runner was the big New Romantic club at the time, it was brilliant! I rented a room off Martin Degville once also.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I know of the Blitz club but never went there. I was in Birmingham and so the Rum Runner was the big New Romantic club at the time, it was brilliant! I rented a room off Martin Degville once also.
Rum Runner was famous! Duran Duran etc used to virtually live there. I was obsessed with the group Japan. I met them once... major disappointment 😢

God I'd love to sit and have a gin with you and just listen to all those tales!! I am so jealous.
Now a gin and gossip is something I would be well up for.😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I just watched the 1989 Mandy Smith/Bill Wyman wedding video mentioned in the previous thread.

christ! Where to begin?

None of the guests having anything sincere to say (surprise)

Mandy’s massive headdress dwarfing her new husband.

Mandy looking as if she is already in the grip of an eating disorder (I never bought the ‘candida’ explanation; I recall reading an interview with Bill Wyman after the marriage broke down in which he complained that Mandy would never order anything in a restaurant but instead would eat a few scraps from his plate, which he didn’t like because he wanted his own dinner to himself, and that Mandy, Nicola and their mother were constantly having health treatments paid for by him. Nice.)

Paul Young’s wife showing up to the reception in not just a white outfit but a white glittery backless boob-flaunting jumpsuit! What???? You don’t wear white boob-flashing outfits to someone else’s wedding!! I think this must have been before she went off with Eddie Kidd, before returning to Paul Young. Paul Young’s outfit similarly unspeakable, Wedgwood blue suit with pink shirt, although the same could be said for most of the guests. 1989 not a fashion high point.

Spike Milligan patronising Wyman, with a middle aged woman on a black dress with a red and yellow collar ever-present in the shot, looking disapprovingly at both of them.

Charlie Watts and wife pasting on smiles but obviously thinking, what in God’s name are we doing here?

Kim Wilde accompanied by that bloke from Johnny Hates Jazz who she used to go out with.

The unfathomable presence of a clown whilst they are all being herded in for dinner. Clown looks as nonplussed as the rest of the guests.

WTF, WTF, WTF?????
just watched this myself ..its so weird..its like a news bulletin article crossed witha home video..
The woman with spike Milligan looks like shes got a bad smell under her nose..
Jerry Hall 😂 shes trying to be nice !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Rum Runner was famous! Duran Duran etc used to virtually live there. I was obsessed with the group Japan. I met them once... major disappointment 😢

Oh no why was Japan a disappointment? David Sylvian was beautiful 😍

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8

I loved Japan! Saw them play live but never met them, that’s a shame they were disappointing. I went off David Sylvian after he stole Mick Karn’s girlfriend. Was sad when Mick died.

• Heart
A bit more on ex-Eastenders cast.
Patsy Palmer’s real name is Julie Harris, she comes from the Bethnal Green area, and used to work in my hubby’s uncles Video Rental shop in the 80’s, she was apparently lovely, but her mum was a horror, used to come in the shop and have full blown rows with Julie. Hubby’s uncle had to sack her in the end, and her mum owed money on a video she took out and never paid it!! Julie moved to an expensive estate called Repton Park, when she was in Eastenders, but now lives in Malibu, and funny enough- her on screen mother Lindsey Coulson (Carol Jackson) is married to Julie’s older brother!!
A few years ago, me and hubby were house hunting, and went to view a beautiful house in Great Easton. The house was empty- and looked like no one had lived in there for years. Anyway, even though it was everything we were looking for, I had this horrible sense of foreboding, like a feeling I couldn’t shake. I told my mum about the house, and after doing a bit of research, it turned out that the house had been owned by Mike Reid (Frank Butcher). And I had been right about my gut feeling, because, in 1986, Mike’s son, Mark, had accidentally shot his best friend in the garden, using one of Mike’s guns. And because Mark couldn’t get over what had happened, he set himself on fire, and died in 1990. We never bought the house.
Another thing about Mike Reid, was that he used to be Roger Moore’s stunt double in the Saint, but he got sacked after taking the piss out of Roger’s thinning hair!! Sid Owens used to be good friends with Nick Berry, and I used to see him all the time where I live. And, he brought out a cookbook, can’t remember its name, but it had loads of pictures of my local shops, and lots of pictures of Sid cooking at Nick Berry’s house. I think that Sid bought a French chateau, with the idea of turning it into a restaurant/hotel. Not sure what he’s doing now, as this was years ago.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Oh no why was Japan a disappointment? David Sylvian was beautiful 😍
So I adored David Sylvian, the most beautiful man. I was in a club and the whole band came in. The DJ put Life in Tokyo on and he and Mick took to the dance floor and mimed the words (being serious). I then actually danced with David (the excitement!) but up close he was incredibly thin and his face was caked in make up. He had a really hooky nose and did that stupid slow dance where they put one arm around your waist but leave the other hanging down all cool like 😂. Im afraid they were so far up themselves they needed a ladder to climb back down. My heart broke a little bit that night.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I met Gok Wan in G.A.Y - he'd been filming his TV show so for some reason decided to bring in about four rails of clothes with him. i'd had a few shandies and stupidly said 'hello! aren't you Gok Wan?' and held out my hand. He gave me a filthy look and said 'errr yes' and walked off 🙃
I thought he would be really friendly ..misery guts (him, not you!)

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.