Secret Celebrity Gossip #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know why this BB gruesome twosome from yesteryore are featuring daily in the sidebar of shame?

Quick reminder from the BB thread: despite their claims to be massively successful post fame, companies house shows he sells coffee off a trading estate in Liverpool and her claim to have sold her drama academy for “millions” shows it was actually struck off last year and never made more than 10k in any calendar year
Apparently her mum has a bit of cash and has subsidised them for years

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Quick reminder from the BB thread: despite their claims to be massively successful post fame, companies house shows he sells coffee off a trading estate in Liverpool and her claim to have sold her drama academy for “millions” shows it was actually struck off last year and never made more than 10k in any calendar year
Didn’t realise there was a BB thread, thanks for the heads up

Reactions: 4
The economy is much more important to this government than public health.
The economy is more important; with a virus, you get thousands of sickly, already dying, or vitamin-deficient people dying. The coronaviruses true fatality rate is no more than 0.4%. That is really, really not that bad. Death can be prevented for otherwise healthy people by taking vitamins C and D.

With economic destruction, you get war and famine. Both of which are strong possibilities for us anyway right now. This will kill MILLIONS of people.

The current government is ensuring we get the worst of both worlds.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
War and famine??? Who are we going to fight, and when will M&S run out of £12 meal deals?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
War and famine??? Who are we going to fight, and when will M&S run out of £12 meal deals?
My local M and S have shoddy meal deals at the moment. I need to petition the Government as this is clearly their fault too. But no more Covid related stuff kindly please. I come here to have a giggle and occasional WTF moments! 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Your detective work is bloody great. Hats off.

Why would they think that anyone falls for this nonsense about them being business tycoons?

One of the things I do for a living is work out the enterprise value of corporate entities. I should be doing it now instead of p*ss*ng about on this site. That includes assessing the value of acquisition intangibles (basically, what intellectual property and customer relationships an entity has that makes it worth paying more for than the balance sheet value) to get to a reasonable arms’ length valuation before an acquisition takes place.

No way is some ‘dance and drama academy’ outfit going to sell for loads. Anyone could set one up; they are ten a penny. You’d get a decent (but not massive) value if it were a national franchise like Stagecoach, because then you have a trademark and a degree of customer loyalty, but her little business ‘sold for millions’? In a pig’s ear.

I advised a friend informally a couple of years ago on something similar. She taught dance and drama in one such ‘academy’. The owner wanted to retire and asked my friend to pay £50k for the business. My advice was swerve the deal and set up on your own: the pupils paid by the week, so no guaranteed revenue stream, and no fixed assets beyond a load of old costumes. She would have been paying £50k for some pretty ropy goodwill that would have been impaired after the first year. Little one man (or woman) band businesses like that have no intrinsic value.

I imagine that they have their beady little eyes on a future as influencers. A whole new angle: entrepreneurs with the happiest family in Britain. Dream on.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Your detective work is bloody great. Hats off.

Why would they think that anyone falls for this nonsense about them being business tycoons?

One of the things I do for a living is work out the enterprise value of corporate entities. I should be doing it now instead of p*ss*ng about on this site. That includes assessing the value of acquisition intangibles (basically, what intellectual property and customer relationships an entity has that makes it worth paying more for than the balance sheet value) to get to a reasonable arms’ length valuation before an acquisition takes place.

No way is some ‘dance and drama academy’ outfit going to sell for loads. Anyone could set one up; they are ten a penny. You’d get a decent (but not massive) value if it were a national franchise like Stagecoach, because then you have a trademark and a degree of customer loyalty, but her little business ‘sold for millions’? In a pig’s ear.

I advised a friend informally a couple of years ago on something similar. She taught dance and drama in one such ‘academy’. The owner wanted to retire and asked my friend to pay £50k for the business. My advice was swerve the deal and set up on your own: the pupils paid by the week, so no guaranteed revenue stream, and no fixed assets beyond a load of old costumes. She would have been paying £50k for some pretty ropy goodwill that would have been impaired after the first year. Little one man (or woman) band businesses like that have no intrinsic value.

I imagine that they have their beady little eyes on a future as influencers. A whole new angle: entrepreneurs with the happiest family in Britain. Dream on.
Tbf it’s a unique selling point - BB couple still married with kids. But why try and be boastful? I’d be far more interested in following them if it was “we were briefly famous, didn’t make a fortune out of it, we’ve been a normal couple for many years”
But I get the impression she’s been telling people for years they are millionaires and blah blah blah

• Haha
Reactions: 15
As a small island, we simply do not have enough land to grow enough food to feed the population, unless the country switches to a plant-based diet, which won’t happen (because a lot of land is used growing feed for livestock, and a lot of imported food is fodder grown in the Amazon). Therefore we are reliant on imports.

We are due to crash out of the EU. This will threaten our food supply. This means we will be dependant on the USA to save us.

The USA are GUARANTEED to have a war with China; years ago they signed a treaty to protect Taiwan’s sovereignty. However, Taiwan never officially declared independence from China, (as declaring independence was an act of war) which is why China think they own it: because legally, they do. So China is guaranteed to “invade” Taiwan and the USA are legally bound to protect them.

We will then be embroiled in this, especially with the troubles in Hong Kong.

What’s worse is that China has been working on Africa for years, doing work for very poor countries for debts that they can never possibly repay. When countries are indebted to other countries, they repay them by going to war with them. It’s no coincidence that every single African country bar Eswatini has officially recognised Taiwan as a region of China.

So we are due to go to war with China and the whole of Africa.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
My local M and S have shoddy meal deals at the moment. I need to petition the Government as this is clearly their fault too. But no more Covid related stuff kindly please. I come here to have a giggle and occasional WTF moments! 😂😂
Sorry, I should have posted on the Covid thread. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes I think she comes from quite a well off family. It always irked me that he pretended not to be mixed race and changed his name. I really don't like them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I have a vague recollection of Liz Hurley saying that her contraceptive pill failing because she was taking St Johns wort. I have no idea how or why this little nugget of information lodged in my brain.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Yes I think she comes from quite a well off family. It always irked me that he pretended not to be mixed race and changed his name. I really don't like them.
Well off might be pushing it, she sells it as that but her mum used to own kennels which was a business with a good profit margin years ago, but is dying on its arse these days

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t think Boris wants to be PM either!
I think he’s had enough. He expected an easy ride, and obviously that’s not happened.
[/QUOTE]
I saw someone on twitter asking if Boris has been furloughed as he seems to have disappeared. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
[QUOTE="Gym&Tonic, post: 1645467, member: 58133"

Our government dont give a tit about us, remember that.
Not going all political as this isnt the thread for it but I dont necessarily totally agree with your statement. I just think any one is power has a terrible responsibility, damned if you do, damned if you dont. I know I wouldnt want to be Prime Minister especially at this time. 🤷‍♀️
[/QUOTE]
Boris Johnson would have killed his granny to be PM - he can bloody well own it now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I have a vague recollection of Liz Hurley saying that her contraceptive pill failing because she was taking St Johns wort. I have no idea how or why this little nugget of information lodged in my brain.
Back to the gossip!! I seem to remember that when Liz was pregnant, she ended up staying with Elton John for quite some time. Elton took Liz shopping in St.Tropez, and there was a lady in this shop (boutique lol), and this lady was asking Liz how she was etc. Then Elton has an almighty strop, and actually said to this woman “I bleeping hope you get cancer of the clit”... Charming of him, im sure you’ll agree.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Has anyone seen the reddit thread that talks about Steven Bing being part of Epstein’s circle? I’m not sure if I’m allowed to link here.
What reddit sub is it on. The name will do you don't have to post a link.

Thank you!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.