Secret Celebrity Gossip #165

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe Farage could tone down his baiting rhetoric if he doesn't want such incidents to happen.

But of course he won't.
I think he is a massive bleep but if we think it is ok for people to throw tit at people because they don’t have the right views then we are on a slippery slope. Would you be happy to have stuff thrown over you because you disagree with xyz?

Reactions: 57
If I was a high profile public figure consistently coming out with antagonistic xenophobic and racist bollocks, I'd be expecting it. He invites it upon himself. As I've said, there is one way he could avoid it.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
If I was a high profile public figure consistently coming out with antagonistic xenophobic and racist bollocks, I'd be expecting it. He invites it upon himself. As I've said, there is one way he could avoid it.
And all those who get acid attacked by an ex, did they invite it upon themselves. After all their views/attempt to leave would have been objectionable to the attacker. Perhaps they too should avoid it by keeping their views quiet/not leaving and putting up with abuse.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
That's very much false equivalence there - are you seriously comparing someone who's been horribly abused by an ex to the extent of having acid thrown in their face to an arrogant man who's been trotting out his vile baiting rhetoric for some years now aimed at various nationalities, who has a milkshake and cement thrown at him?

I wish people would stop painting Farage as a victim. He's nothing of the sort and makes a mug out of his supporters.

• Angry
Reactions: 32
That's very much false equivalence there - are you seriously comparing someone who's been horribly abused by an ex to the extent of having acid thrown in their face to an arrogant man who's been trotting out his vile baiting rhetoric for some years now aimed at various nationalities, who has a milkshake and cement thrown at him?

I wish people would stop painting Farage as a victim. He's nothing of the sort and makes a mug out of his supporters.
It keeps him in the papers though doesn’t it? The self serving hateful bleep. He’s one of those people who thrives on publicity. Maybe if we just ignore him, he’ll go away.

• Wow
  • Sad

You are the one saying that Farage who has views that you find objectionable and should be able to be attacked or should be silent.
A domestic abuse victim has views that someone else finds objectionable and so they feel entitled to attack them, unless of course they are silent.
The underlying message is the same. Jo Cox had views her attacker found objectionable, no doubt in his eyes 'she invited it on herself'

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Who'd have guessed the DM was talking bollocks who it came to Tamzin Outhwaite .... I don't think she's done the thread properly but if you click on her account she did 3 posts about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
There’s a massive difference to saying objectionable things and physically assaulting people.

Reactions: 14
You are the one saying that Farage who has views that you find objectionable and should be able to be attacked or should be silent.
A domestic abuse victim has views that someone else finds objectionable and so they feel entitled to attack them, unless of course they are silent.
The underlying message is the same. Jo Cox had views her attacker found objectionable, no doubt in his eyes 'she invited it on herself'
Please, you're not going to make any comparison between the two examples work. Farage has views that millions of people find objectionable. I personally wouldn't throw a milkshake at him, but I can see why some people might.

Who particularly stoked up xenophobia with that Breaking Point poster? Farage. That environment led to Jo Cox being murdered.

I still don't understand why you are trying to pretty much defend Farage so much. You don't really have a right to free speech when all you do is come out with goading hate speech.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Please, you're not going to make any comparison between the two examples work. Farage has views that millions of people find objectionable. I personally wouldn't throw a milkshake at him, but I can see why some people might.

Who particularly stoked up xenophobia with that Breaking Point poster? Farage. That environment led to Jo Cox being murdered.

I still don't understand why you are trying to pretty much defend Farage so much. You don't really have a right to free speech when all you do is come out with goading hate speech.
What led do David Amis being murdered then?
Are people not responsible for their own actions?

Reactions: 12
What led do David Amis being murdered then?
Are people not responsible for their own actions?
You can't deny certain people are incited to actions due to the public figures stirring up resentment and fear. Some people don't have the intelligence to critically assess or verify information, they take what they hear at face value. When they hear a person like a politician say, for example, Muslim men are dangerous to women then its to be expected that some people will take take as truth. And that leaves us open to all sorts. People with a public profile need to be speak responsibly and be aware that their words have consequences.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Things to throw at Farage:

Withering looks
Facts
Correctly Interpreted Statistics
Shade

All of those will do much more damage than than a milkshake

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 84
You can't deny certain people are incited to actions due to the public figures stirring up resentment and fear. Some people don't have the intelligence to critically assess or verify information, they take what they hear at face value. When they hear a person like a politician say, for example, Muslim men are dangerous to women then its to be expected that some people will take take as truth. And that leaves us open to all sorts. People with a public profile need to be speak responsibly and be aware that their words have consequences.
I agree that public figures need to speak responsibly but from all accounts I have read, David Amis was a ‘good’ local politician so not sure what your point was. I don’t think he or Jo or even farage should be targeted with violence.

• Heart

I am not defending Farage, I am defending his right to speak publicly without being attacked.

To many Farage's views are objectionable, therefore it's alright to assualt him.
To Farage's supporters other politicians views are objectionable, therefore it's alright to assualt them.
Neither viewpoint is acceptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I agree that public figures need to speak responsibly but from all accounts I have read, David Amis was a ‘good’ local politician so not sure what your point was. I don’t think he or Jo or even farage should be targeted with violence.
Well part of the problem of being seen to be out of touch or hating on certain groups or whatever is that you target your own party with that brush. I know sweet FA about Reform UK but based on Farage I imagine a lot of people assume they all share the same views. Maybe they do, maybe they don't but having a mouthpiece who talks like that impacts everyone. I don't know a lot about David Amess (I'm not in the UK) but my understanding was his death was a terror incident possibly related to the conflict in Syria.

Reactions: 1
Can we leave the politics off Secret Celeb Gossip please? I genuinely thought I was in the election thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 111
Is it just me that always wants to default pronounce Giovanni Pernice surname like Waynetta Slob pronouncing the word Penis?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.