Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
Bit off topic, but I’m dreading the absolute media/sponsorship shitstorm that is coming over the next few months. General Election, Euro 24 and the Olympics. We’re going to be bombarded. Makes me want to go and live in the Outer Hebrides and not come back until late September.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Someone really needs to explain how Rita Ora gets so much publicity. It’s made me believe in conspiracy theories.

• Haha

Missmopps

VIP Member
This performance is bizarre. She sounds like an adult when she talks then switches to a quite baby-ish voice when she sings (a lot of boosting of her voice with the vocals on the track). I don't have a fucking clue how she has any appeal to anybody in any way.

Sounds like the kind of shite played on Greek radio that you have to endure on the dusty transfer coach to the resort which always takes FOREVER

• Haha
  • Wow

Hevs75

Apparently the older nurses knew he was a wrongun and wouldn’t let him in. I had no idea until he died about any of this but apparently it was well known which is disgraceful.
My aunty was a senior nurse in one of the hospitals that Saville frequently visited, she reported to her superior how she wasn't comfortable with the way he was acting and the 'rumours' she had heard from other staff, she was ignored. Fast foward to after his death and the enquiry and my aunty who was now retired was contacted and asked to give a statement etc. It pissed her off that she wasn't listened to in the first place along with others. I always remember her telling me as a young child when Jim'll Fix It was on, how he wasn't a nice person and how someone can hide behind a persona.

• Sad
  • Heart

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Agree, I would tell them to do one. People need to realise they can't just buy people off like that. Each to their own I suppose.
I actually don’t think it is as bad as that Chrissy Tegan video the other day where she fucked the girls out of the Photo Booth. She seems like a massive cunt. I would be quite happy for becks to pay off my mortgage to change a wedding date in comparison,

Reactions: 46

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
The main problem for me with Grease is the fact that most of the high school kids look 45.
That’s because most of the actors were! However, I let it slide because everyone looked older than their age back then. Theres a brilliant X account with evidence of this related to old footballers
IMG_9069.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha

April Ludgate

Wig or clip on fringe. Awful.
---

Not that I necessarily agree but you do know that “British Values” are taught in schools?
Yes I do. One of those values is respect and tolerance of those with different faiths, not a concept Farage seems to be familiar with. He did after all attend a rally by the far right AfD after being invited by the granddaughter of one of Hitler's ministers. Let's not get into this, his values have no place in our society.

• Heart
Years ago, before the Take That comeback, Barlow was a talking head on a documentary about Robbie’s huge success. He was massively bitter at the time and actually said he deserved it more than Robbie. Like or loathe Robbie, he was who the fans wanted at the time, not Gary.

• Haha
  • Angry

Britbloke

They have, the article I've just read had a photo of them in 2001 which is closer to the time period I thought they'd been together. I think they just waited a while to get married.
They were EXPOSED as a couple by the Sunday tabloids in the late '90s. Ruth did a couple of presenting bits on the show I worked on and she called our producer on the Monday morning.

Producer listened sympathetically, ended the call and then announced to the office: "She's having an affair with Eamonn Holmes!"

• Haha
  • Wow
My Dad queued behind Lenny Henry for the cash point at the Cornwall show some years ago. Unfortunately poor old Lenny couldn’t get any money out despite repeated attempts. I guess Dawn had withheld his pocket money that week.
They were next door neighbours of a friend of mine back around the late 80s or early nineties. My friend insisted they were both gay.
---
I'm amazed the 'ingested too much semen' story still has legs. It's not a poison is it? Plus, if you give it anything more than 5 seconds thought, you'd work out that you would have to swallow about 30 'deposits' to get a pint of it so surely you'd get lockjaw first?
And also, who in A&E is in charge of testing stomach contents for jizz to the extent they know it comes from 30 different people? 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 45

MrsFawlty

Chatty Member
Because people essentially didn't care, sadly. They saw it as "Jimmy being Jimmy" or whatever.

I don't believe at all that there was any kind of massive conspiracy to protect him. Largely because he didn't need one. His gender, fame and personality did it for him.
I worked for the hospital trust which Stoke Mandeville is part of at the time the truth came out about him. I knew several staff that had met Saville at the spinal unit, comments ranged from him being an odd character, loud and intimidating and people being uncomfortable in his domneering presence.

After the enquiry we had guidelines about not allowing any celebrities to enter wards or treatment areas and to direct all requests to visit from media/celebrities to the press office for approval, including those linked to charities which was Saville's excuse. I remember reading that and thinking it was too late for all his victims.

• Sad
Reactions: 44

bracrumbs

Chatty Member
Showing my age a bit here to add Superman's dad Glenn Ford. And John Wayne's compadre in True Grit, Glenn Campbell. It's still a fairly popular name in Scotland and the US.
I just looked because I couldn’t believe this. Only 3 babies were called Glen in the whole of the UK last year. I’ve now changed my mind, we need to bring back Glen. Let’s get medeiros involved. There’s a man who knows about names - he called his kids Lyric and Chord.

• Haha
  • Wow

Halister

They look like the kind of yokel characters that would kidnap lone travellers, in the woods, in some cheap horror movie

• Haha