Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Islawight

Chatty Member
David Icke (I know) called him out in one of his books around 2006 and said “ if im lying, Jimmy, then sue me”. He never did. It was well known in the industry and covered up. He had friends in high places and felt (and was) protected. Sickening.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 44

SamFoxStuckinaCloak

Chatty Member
Harking back to the last thread and this might be unpopular but the more I think about it, the more I feel like the public (and me personally) have been unfair to Tulisa.
She really got quite a hard time for being a working class (admittedly a bit chavvy) young woman who was seen as overly ambitious. The Fake Sheikh stuff basically ended her career and he was just a con man who tried to entrap people and lied in court about it.
---

He had a LOT of issues. With hindsight I suspect undiagnosed ADHD.
Totally agree about Tulisa. There was a “know your place” attitude. She had a tough upbringing- I’m sure her mum struggled with her mental health. The sex tape and fake sheik totally fucked her over.

And Paul Danan has spoken quite openly about his ADHD and his addiction issues.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Friendsfanatic2022

I genuinely think Millie Bobby Brown just wants to get away from her awful family, the blind items about them were horrific. For that reason alone I hope it works out for her, but they’re so young I can’t see it. Plus he’s just another nepo baby.
I agree with you, she was exploited as a child and they used a lot of her earnings to fund their own lives. They didn’t even visit her on set often and she’d be in America by herself on holidays etc too which makes me sad as she was just a child. She was the main bread winner for the family at such a young age so it doesn’t surprise me that she’s settled down young. I hope it works out for her

• Sad

Restless Native

VIP Member
Yep, he did a eulogy. He also said Diana was supposed to do the sequel with him. Seemingly, Fergie teamed them up, and according to him, a script was finished just as she died.

That sounded absolutely terrible. No wonder there are conspiracy theories about her death. Maybe they done it to stop inflicting this gawd awful film on us

• Haha

Liverbird2003

VIP Member
Maybe I’m a dick but if I was super rich I’d buy whoever out of a venue I wanted that particular weekend.

meh

I’m not super rich unfortunately but I would do it if I had the money

what’s the point of being loaded if you can’t do what the fuck you want as long as you’re causing no harm
And I would absolutely move my wedding date and allow my mortgage to be paid off and my wedding paid for 🤣

• Haha

RinsedHoops

Chatty Member
Harking back to the last thread and this might be unpopular but the more I think about it, the more I feel like the public (and me personally) have been unfair to Tulisa.
She really got quite a hard time for being a working class (admittedly a bit chavvy) young woman who was seen as overly ambitious. The Fake Sheikh stuff basically ended her career and he was just a con man who tried to entrap people and lied in court about it.
---
Christ alive I had the biggest crush on Paul Danan back in the 90’s, what an absolute state!!!
He had a LOT of issues. With hindsight I suspect undiagnosed ADHD.

• Heart
  • Sad

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Also there was far far less attention paid to children’s rights/needs/safety back then. Particularly the vulnerable children in residential care. Some people did care of course but ‘the establishment’ was for adult men pretty much. So women and children talking wouldn’t have been heard.

• Sad

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
They’ve been married 14 years but together a lot longer

I’m not surprised at this news if true. I follow them both on Instagram and they’ve not been seen together for ages. I would say best part of a year

Also Ruth hasn’t been on Loose Women for ages
Yes, their son is 22. I saw them together at an event back in 2002.

Could never warm to Ruth.

I am sure his health issues did not help.

Whatever happened to in 'sickness and in health'.
She appears to be like my ex-husband, he was very happy to be married when I was bringing in all the money,
but was very happy to divorce me when I got ill....

• Sad
  • Heart

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Mark Friths (editor of Heat) book recalls how Pete Bennett was totally using Nikki by pretending to like her romantically when they came out of the house. They did a photo shoot for Heat and Pete insisted on wearing, and holding onto, a belt buckle with Cherries on. It later transpired Cherry was the name of his long term girlfriend that he was secretly still with behind Nikki’s back, the belt buckle was an ‘in’ joke between them, that Nikki was clueless about.

He also harassed Nikki to see him when she was dying to redeem himself, and immediately put it on social media for likes. Plenty of Nikki’s real friends - including Imogen from the same series of Big Brother do not speak kindly of him at all.
He should never have uploaded those photos of Nikki a few days before she passed away. He was never her friend, he didn't even know how sick she was until her friends set up a Go Fund Me for treatment. I sometimes wonder how much of his Tourette's was exaggerated too.

• Sad
  • Heart

Carefree

VIP Member
I was the prime age to watch Jim’ll Fix it. I watched him but I was repulsed by him, a visceral sense that he was a wrong ‘un. Some of my school friends were the same. If a child can sense that through a screen, I am sure loads of adults did too. And seriously, shame on them that he had to die before his horrific crimes were revealed.
We had a teacher back in primary who not only gave me the ick, massively, but also had wandering hands around boys. When he did it to my friend, I raised the alarm and was told to stop being such a troublemaker.

Of course I got a whooping like no one's business but as it turned out, I was right. Not only about my friend but he ended up in the far East at an all-boys school and my peers confirmed it when Facebook first started up.

Kids know wrong'uns and I wish adults, especially at the time, listened. Whether it's the committed Catholic bachelor or the creepy fella who dyes his hair 😡

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
In other news, I live quite close to Phil Oakey and Richard Hawley and I see them now and then in our local corner shop. I’ve also stood next to Phil at the cheese counter in our local Sainsbury’s.
You were working on a counter in a supermarket, when i met you.
I picked you out, to cut my cheese, to label it up, my cheddar and my wenseydale blue.

I work in Sheff and would probably come over all unnecessary if i bumped into Phil Oakey.

• Haha
  • Heart

EL1976

That Beckham story is just the newest version of the Madonna and Guy Ritchie one about their wedding. Time will tell I suppose but every time there’s a big celebration these stories (always a friend of a friend of a cousin of a hairdresser) pop up!
I heard some good tea years ago when they were married. A guy I knew who was gay for pay got a call for a ‘couples’ job in South Kensington. When he got round there, there were several other rent boys present and the couple were none other that Madge & Guy. I thought he was chatting shit but this pic always made me wonder

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha

TheStrawberryThief

Just de-lurking to say that I miss the old days of digital spy, when it actually had interesting articles and weekly features. I think it got sold at some point and went to commercial, all the fun was squeezed out.

I enjoy tattle because barring a few unpleasant people, there seems to be a lot more acceptance that people may have different views about things and can still be civil. I like how people on here can have a laugh about celebrities and not take it too seriously.

I have tried some of the reddit gossip subs, and I feel like they are either full of people who are either

1) incapable of having an original thought about anything and just repeat the same old shite

And/or 2) are weirdly puritanical about everything and have to demonstrate their ethical and moral superiority to whoever they are complaining about.

• Heart
Reactions: 41