Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those reminiscing about scary TV shows, you may enjoy this thread ....

I read the plot for Eden Lake and it was enough nope for me

Reactions: 5
999 in the 90s scared the crap out of me - and also not sure if this was even 999, but there was a shark episode where maybe 10 people were bobbing up and down tied together with their life jackets and they kept showing them from the shark's point of view circling underneath. Was absolutely terrifying! When a plane went overhead the people untied themselves to start waving / attracting attention and then the shark started picking them off...

I have lived with these nightmares for 30 years! 😂
I would highly suggest not reading or watching anything regarding the sinking of the USS Indianapolis in that case…

Reactions: 8
Oh brutal 😞 I spoke to road safety folk at a conference a while back and they did say they had to go extreme for NI because folk were so desensitised to incidents
That would make sense. Though a couple of months ago I saw this post of this American woman on tik tok innocently taking a clip of her son coming out of his first day of school and she had put that version of ‘sweet child of Mine’ on as the backing track and I found myself inside full of fear about him getting into the car! 😂

Anyway back to celebs. I think that Nicola Coughlin girl from bridgerton etc is overrated.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That would make sense. Though a couple of months ago I saw this post of this American woman on tik tok innocently taking a clip of her son coming out of his first day of school and she had put that version of ‘sweet child of Mine’ on as the backing track and I found myself inside full of fear about him getting into the car! 😂

Anyway back to celebs. I think that Nicola Coughlin girl from bridgerton etc is overrated.
This is the one we got in the Republic in the 90s.

We got the drink driving one you posted above, but not the classroom one, jesus thats rough.

• Wow
This is the one we got in the Republic in the 90s.

We got the drink driving one you posted above, but not the classroom one, jesus thats rough.
Aye we had Samantha Mumba too!
Whatever happened with her as she had signed this massive worldwide contract but then just never took off.

Aye we had Samantha Mumba too!
Whatever happened with her as she had signed this massive worldwide contract but then just never took off.
I think the ad ended her 😂 😂 😂 😂
She went to live in the US afaik, was in a woeful remake of The Timemachine

I find the overblown praise and adoration she gets in certain sections of the internet very grating.

Having seen some of her tweets she also comes across as very sanctimonious and preachy. Even by general celebrity standards.

Also i saw she'd claimed in a recent interview that her "activism" had led to her being warned that it could damage her career. As if repeating all the Twitter Approved takes wasn't the least risky thing anybody could do.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Urgh, I remember one where a tanker driver crashed and got covered in toxic burny chemicals. Traumatising.
One about a cement lorry. The ones that rotate. I seem to have blanked it out. The driver might have gone inside the tanker, but if he did I can't remember what happened. I just feel sick. 😣

Reactions: 2
Whilst we await some juicy gossip and we’re on scary vids. I’m an 80’s school kid. The railway line safety ad with the football boots hung over the overhead cables terrified me!

Reactions: 20
Talking of old TV programmes does anyone remember a programme in the 70s...was on during the day...about a young girl and boy who ran away? Think they had a baby....

Nothing spectacular about that but there was lots of nudity! Also remember one scene of a woman turning up to hotel room for a man and she unzipped her dresses and got into bed with him for a bit of action!

It was on in the afternoon! Remember talking about it years later with friends at school.

Was there no watershed time in the 70s?
Ooh! That vaguely rings a bell. I've also just remembered being called into the lounge at lunchtime by my baby brother on a school day. He was wanting to know why that lady was holding the willy. I went into shock at the size of it. Now I'm thinking what was the programme? Must have been something medical as she was wearing plastic gloves. 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Josh Homme , used to think he was sexy as hell until the stories started to break …. The alcoholism & violence …..Brody Dale is on Instagram & is very open about what he has done to her & the court cases that she’s been through with him .

Not seen an update for a ages, but the last thing I saw was that he’d “ taken” all four kids away from her & was refusing to give them back , she rants a lot , I would say there’s alcohol & substance abuse issues on both sides . She keeps going on about how wealthy his family is & can afford the best lawyers .
It’s all very messy .

• Sad
Josh Homme , used to think he was sexy as hell until the stories started to break …. The alcoholism & violence …..Brody Dale is on Instagram & is very open about what he has done to her & the court cases that she’s been through with him .

Not seen an update for a ages, but the last thing I saw was that he’d “ taken” all four kids away from her & was refusing to give them back , she rants a lot , I would say there’s alcohol & substance abuse issues on both sides . She keeps going on about how wealthy his family is & can afford the best lawyers .
It’s all very messy .
Extremely messy. She was handed 60 odd hours of community service for 'withholding' their son from Homme and had restraining orders against her in terms of their kids, and he's certainly no saint in it all.

It's awful as the poor kids are really caught in the middle of this very public one.

I find the overblown praise and adoration she gets in certain sections of the internet very grating.
did anybody see that “Big Mood” show she was in on C4 a few months back? I actually really enjoyed it… especially as I recognised so many old east London haunts.

yeah but I agree with your point - I really hate when people are shoved down our throats and the universal collective opinion is that we have to adore them. See also: Taylor effing Swift and Beyoncé. Even if I organically like some of their output, the massive over exposure in the media turns me right off.

Reactions: 23
That advert with the kids seemed really familiar and I'm in Scotland. I'm sure we had something similar.

Reactions: 4

Having seen some of her tweets she also comes across as very sanctimonious and preachy. Even by general celebrity standards.

Also i saw she'd claimed in a recent interview that her "activism" had led to her being warned that it could damage her career. As if repeating all the Twitter Approved takes wasn't the least risky thing anybody could do.
To be fair though I did hear one of her interviews and think her dad was an Irish Army/UN peacekeeper and she sounded more educated than many, she seems to have at least put some thought into it. But the whole thing about her looking so young I don’t get. She doesn’t look any younger than any other 37 year old I have seen with good make up.

Any celeb gossip that has nothing to do with Casualty or Richard Osman? (Please I’m begging you 🙏 )

Just to contribute to the thread, I think of Paul Young’s nickname whenever I see him, even though it was on a Popbitch email years ago. Anyone else? 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Event Horizon also f*cked me up. It wasn’t just scary, it honestly disturbed and upset me.

I had such an over dramatic reaction after watching it - I felt offended it had even been made, it was that distressing! 🤣

~~~~

Here’s some kind-of celeb gossip, a new documentary about Celine Dion is out next month.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
To be fair though I did hear one of her interviews and think her dad was an Irish Army/UN peacekeeper and she sounded more educated than many, she seems to have at least put some thought into it. But the whole thing about her looking so young I don’t get. She doesn’t look any younger than any other 37 year old I have seen with good make up.
I knew she was playing much younger than she is but in fairness I didn’t realise she was quite so old… nearly my age. “would’ve been in my sister’s year at school” yes despite being 40 I still think in terms of school years!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Event Horizon also f*cked me up. It wasn’t just scary, it honestly disturbed and upset me.

I had such an over dramatic reaction after watching it - I felt offended it had even been made, it was that distressing! 🤣

~~~~

Here’s some kind-of celeb gossip, a new documentary about Celine Dion is out next month.

This looks amazing. I’m more into rock music but I do have a soft spot for Celine and she is excellent. I remember watching an interview she did with one of those American talk show hosts years ago and they asked does she ever get sick of doing ‘titanic’ and she laughed but then said when the music kicks in and she sees the crowd light up it is amazing and that gives her the drive to smash it basically. She is also quite funny and self deprecating at times too.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t mind Celine Dion, she seems harmless enough. But her relationship with her now departed husband always struck me as seriously dodgy. Wasn’t she only 11 when he met her in his 30’s or something? I don’t think anything happened until she was older but still, bit weird.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.