Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those Public Service Announcements were great though, in that they did the job. As of now, I’ve never been electrocuted by a kite on a pylon, burned in chip pan fire, drowned in open water or suffocated in a grain store.

They showed one of my kids one when he was in primary school in the 00’s and he absolutely shat himself but on the plus side, he never played in or a near an electricity station 👍
The never to be forgotten Apaches.

Reactions: 3
Tbf the tv shows were nothing on the ‘public information films’ we were shown as kids. I clearly recall the nuclear war one. I’d lie awake at night wondering which door in the house I could take off to make a shelter. I was about eight. I possessed neither the strength or the screwdriver to remove said door and let’s be honest, a 2” thick internal door is not protecting me from a nuclear missile, but still.

Kid being electrocuted was always amusing though. I think it was his face. I was a disturbed kid.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Anyone remember Dramarama? There was always some poor teenager coming to harm on that show

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I also was traumatised by one episode of Casualty in particular, I must have been 9 or 10 at the time - a guy working on a building site got covered in hot tar then when they got him to hospital, started to peel said solidified tar from his body :sick::sick:

No idea why that one sticks in my head as they were all bloody traumatic :ROFLMAO:
I’ve never been into medical dramas, but I remember either casualty or holby city and a man was playing pool in a pub and a bus of football fans were coming home from a game and the bus crashed into the pub and he was impaled on the pool cue 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
I also was traumatised by one episode of Casualty in particular, I must have been 9 or 10 at the time - a guy working on a building site got covered in hot tar then when they got him to hospital, started to peel said solidified tar from his body :sick::sick:

No idea why that one sticks in my head as they were all bloody traumatic :ROFLMAO:
Urgh, I remember one where a tanker driver crashed and got covered in toxic burny chemicals. Traumatising.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
When I was about seven I was in one of the electricity pylon school films. I remember being traumatised by her body falling off the pylon even though she was standing next to me & I knew it was a doll 😂

I’ve never been near one since!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I used to like Trent Reznor but he doesn't come off well in Marilyn Manson's book, if it's true. Has he ever addressed it does anyone know?

That 999 show, wasn't it based on real life tit that happened or was it just presented in that way? Some of those stories traumatised me so to now find out it was fiction would be a nice relief!

Reactions: 7
Wasn’t it always the case in Casualty, that the major incident victim walked out that same day, but the minor victim ended up dying or with a life changing diagnosis. Holby also had an amazing social services department that would sort everything out within a few minutes.

Anyway! Back to the goss…

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Wasn’t it always the case in Casualty, that the major incident victim walked out that same day, but the minor victim ended up dying or with a life changing diagnosis. Holby also had an amazing social services department that would sort everything out within a few minutes.

Anyway! Back to the goss…
Yes they went in with a broken fingernail and left with Lupus.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Talking of old TV programmes does anyone remember a programme in the 70s...was on during the day...about a young girl and boy who ran away? Think they had a baby....

Nothing spectacular about that but there was lots of nudity! Also remember one scene of a woman turning up to hotel room for a man and she unzipped her dresses and got into bed with him for a bit of action!

It was on in the afternoon! Remember talking about it years later with friends at school.

Was there no watershed time in the 70s?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Was Casualty the one with Charlie, the bloke incapable of making eye contact so had to stare off into the distance constantly? Found his ‘acting’ so distracting I can barely recall any storylines. 😐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
You should check out the Northern Ireland road safety ads from the 90’s-early 2000’s for some more shocking stuff. Not for the faint hearted but I’m sworn off drunk driving and speeding for life.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I used to watch Dave Allen with my mum, not ideal viewing for a 9 year old.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You should check out the Northern Ireland road safety ads from the 90’s-early 2000’s for some more shocking stuff. Not for the faint hearted but I’m sworn off drunk driving and speeding for life.

Oh brutal 😞 I spoke to road safety folk at a conference a while back and they did say they had to go extreme for NI because folk were so desensitised to incidents

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I have seen Event Horizon and all I can remember about it is the young bloke who lets himself out of the airlock into space. Maybe it was so scary that I've blocked the rest of it out of my mind?
I remember going to the cinema to see Event Horizon and didn’t sleep for weeks after

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You all need to follow the "Scarred for life" account on XTwitter...🤣🤣🤣
A guy I knew had a container of molten bitumen explode in his face. I cried when I saw him a day or so later, his (rather handsome) face was bright red and covered with loads of tiny splash burns, he looked absolutely awful, just like something out of "Casualty".
You would not believe just how quickly he healed, in less than 3 months, the vast majority of his burns had gone, after one year, you would never have known what had happened to him!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
That 999 show, wasn't it based on real life tit that happened or was it just presented in that way? Some of those stories traumatised me so to now find out it was fiction would be a nice relief!
999 was based on real life incidents which were recreated with actors. The real people would sometimes be interviewed and voiceover the reenactments and go over what happened as the reconstructions played out

Reactions: 11
When I was about seven I was in one of the electricity pylon school films. I remember being traumatised by her body falling off the pylon even though she was standing next to me & I knew it was a doll 😂

I’ve never been near one since!
I think you might be the closest we're getting to a celebrity right now!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh brutal 😞 I spoke to road safety folk at a conference a while back and they did say they had to go extreme for NI because folk were so desensitised to incidents

Brutal but necessary, they should show them here. The likes of Katie Price et al would do themselves a favour watching them.

Reactions: 16
For those reminiscing about scary TV shows, you may enjoy this thread ....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.