Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This looks amazing. I’m more into rock music but I do have a soft spot for Celine and she is excellent. I remember watching an interview she did with one of those American talk show hosts years ago and they asked does she ever get sick of doing ‘titanic’ and she laughed but then said when the music kicks in and she sees the crowd light up it is amazing and that gives her the drive to smash it basically. She is also quite funny and self deprecating at times too.
That’s why I like her too, she seems like a good laugh and is just so charming.

Reactions: 13
I hope Roger’s gf is being supportive while he is having his treatment. Her ballerina life didn’t seem too important when there were tours to go on. She best be looking after him now.
---

I read that the security lady had stepped on Kelly’s dress
Which is clearly accidental. The woman was only doing her job. It’s a dick move to have a go at someone who has a lot less power and money than you because they accidentally stepped on your dress while doing their job.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
My most traumatising Casualty episode was one where 2 men were playing squash and one of them hit the ball - and for reasons I can’t quite remember, his arm snapped and the bone pierced right through the flesh and was poking right out :sick:. It was really gory.
I THINK ABOUT THIS ALL THE TIME!
What actually happened though, was the racquet snapped and pierced his shoulder and was wedged in through his skin. It was awful.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
From Popbitch:

Which comedian had to spend a small fortune on post-production for a recent special? The loud sniffing after each and every punchline proved so distracting, an editor had to be hired to snip them all out...

Can only think Jimmy Carr with a recent special.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I've just asked Mr2 about Event Horizon as I don't recall ever seeing it. He did a sharp intake of breath & said how bloody awful it was, some scary, nasty tit! He watched it late one night as he couldn't sleep and then.....he couldn't sleep.
He offered to watch it with me later, I swiftly declined.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was on holiday in Turkey when the original Kiss Kiss...Simarik by Tarkan was released. You couldn't even go to the loo without hearing it played and I went from liking to loving to hating it several times the fortnight I was there. I still bought the cassette and brought it home though. Her version was as you say cack.

Ah those days when ppl would go on summer hols and then the song would be a hit over here. La Dolce Vita by Ryan Paris I think was the one used to get played at my school
---
I hope Roger’s gf is being supportive while he is having his treatment. Her ballerina life didn’t seem too important when there were tours to go on. She best be looking after him now.
---
Agreed. She was a ballerina? Didnt know that maybe that was one of his exes.. i can't keep up tbh.. his latest was a photographer I think. She was behind me with her insufferable mate who apparently latched onto Nick Rhodes as he was the only one in Duran who was single. They were pissed up and "dancing" in ridiculous skimpy outfits and spent most of the time going down to the backstage areas for more drink

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I've just asked Mr2 about Event Horizon as I don't recall ever seeing it. He did a sharp intake of breath & said how bloody awful it was, some scary, nasty tit! He watched it late one night as he couldn't sleep and then.....he couldn't sleep.
He offered to watch it with me later, I swiftly declined.
I don't understand why I can't really remember it when I know I've seen it...to the point where I'm thinking of watching it again...but then I'm not sure if I should...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Any celeb gossip that has nothing to do with Casualty or Richard Osman? (Please I’m begging you 🙏 )

Just to contribute to the thread, I think of Paul Young’s nickname whenever I see him, even though it was on a Popbitch email years ago. Anyone else? 😂
that explains the fact his latest woman seems a lot younger

Reactions: 1
I used to watch Dave Allen with my mum, not ideal viewing for a 9 year old.
Your Mum has won at parenting. She did it SO right!

Anyone watch the public service film in school about the girl who got in a van with a man who said he had puppies and I remember her saying in a sloane ranger voice "and then he tried to kiss me...and it was just AWFUL".

Oooh and the girl who had a big mitt on after picking up the wrong end of a sparkler?

Reactions: 20
I have seen Event Horizon and all I can remember about it is the young bloke who lets himself out of the airlock into space. Maybe it was so scary that I've blocked the rest of it out of my mind?
Funny you should say that, I have tried to watch it numerous times and ALWAYS within minutes I am fighting sleep! Never made it to the end to my knowledge yet

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I knew she was playing much younger than she is but in fairness I didn’t realise she was quite so old… nearly my age. “would’ve been in my sister’s year at school” yes despite being 40 I still think in terms of school years!
When a couple has, say, a five-year age gap, I still think "That's like a Year 12 being with a Year 7!".

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When a couple has, say, a five-year age gap, I still think "That's like a Year 12 being with a Year 7!".
My husband’s only three years older than me and I occasionally get a bit freaked out how differently we remember various years in the 80s and 90s!

Reactions: 4
My husband’s only three years older than me and I occasionally get a bit freaked out how differently we remember various years in the 80s and 90s!
My husband is the same age as me and sometimes I wonder if he was actually alive at the same time I was...I think how we remember things so differently is testament to our wildly different upbringing and tastes in hobbies, music etc lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
That’s why I like her too, she seems like a good laugh and is just so charming.
I'm not a fan of Celine's music, but she always comes across really well in interviews. She doesn't take herself too seriously and seems really funny and chatty.

Reactions: 19
I keep watching old episodes of Casualty and thinking ‘I remember this! It was how I found out about female genital mutilation/organ donation/abortion/rape’ etc - so it’s clearly lodged in my brain. And then looking up the year and realising I was about 10! What were my parents thinking? Casualty did though save them from a lot of difficult conversations I think.

I am dreading the Josh family bit. Every time he mentions his wife and kids, years before it happens, I feel sad!
I’m also watching the old ones, Josh’s family died in series 11, they’re airing series 14 at the moment.
I remember when it aired the first time, my bf at the time had left the room, when he came back in I was blubbering away, like I’d lost someone I actually knew!
---
I also was traumatised by one episode of Casualty in particular, I must have been 9 or 10 at the time - a guy working on a building site got covered in hot tar then when they got him to hospital, started to peel said solidified tar from his body :sick::sick:

No idea why that one sticks in my head as they were all bloody traumatic :ROFLMAO:
When I’m watching the old ones, I like to look out for actors who are now more famous or characters with minor parts who come back in later years in a main role. Rosie Marcel did 2 minor stints before bagging the Jac Naylor role in Holby.

Your man covered in tar was Joe McGann
---
I would highly suggest not reading or watching anything regarding the sinking of the USS Indianapolis in that case…
Did they make about it, as I think I remember certain incidents when they came to rescue them & pull them out of the water!! 🦈

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.