Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hated Casually as a late teen. Only because if I was watching it that meant I was staying in that Saturday night! I’ve never been able to watch it for that reason 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
His ex-wife Brody Dalle has accused him of violence towards her.

A friend of mine encountered him on some stairs after a gig once and described him as "huge and intimidating".
He’s a big guy. Was disappointed with the whole Dalle thing as I remember when they first started going out it was made out that he was basically protecting her from her ex, who was a bit of a wrongun too given the age gap. Josh had a persona of being good to female fans etc but clearly he wasn’t behind closed doors :(

Reactions: 6
I de-lurk to contribute:

Gemma Dobson getting electrocuted in Byker Grove.
PJ and the paintballing incident (also Byker Grove) - I have never been paintballing because of this episode.

999 was horrific. Can't understand why my parents let me watch that but chainsaws and javelins still make me very scared.

Then again it wasn't just my parents, my generation had to all file into the assembly hall at school specially to watch videos on the TV on wheels of children playing on railway tracks and getting killed by a train/electrocuted by the overhead lines.

PS love the Ryan Reynolds story. I really want him to be as nice as he seems. I know some find him annoying and I totally understand why but I really like him.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I was scared by Armchair Thriller, especially Quiet as a nun episode with the nun with no face in a rocking chair .
Still freaked out by rocking chairs to this day .
I hate the Tales of the unexpected theme , really sinister.

OMG - I’m triggered !
I am going to have to search for this now and watch it later 😩
I was PETRIFIED IIRC 😭

Reactions: 4
This is how he looked recently for a project. He can definitely pull of the look I reckon but he's shocking at accents so not sure how that's going to go. I remember seeing him in a film once where he tried to pull off an Irish accent and it was toe curling, which is odd given he's Irish. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2948777
He makes a great Brendan Ingle. I can't wait to see it.

_102612342_tv047030784.jpg

He loves to get out and about when making his movies too.......

Love that getting out and involved in the local area meeting people rather than hiding away with a takeaway in your hotel room.

Reactions: 8
I remember that one - 'Terror at 20,000 Feet' (or something like that). There was an original B&W version, then one with William Shatner. The demon thing was peering in the window at him and scampering around on the wing.
Yes,remember watching B&W one,loved twilight zone,that one was quite terrifying.

Reactions: 5
Off topic, but all this 'scary stuff you watched as a child' chat has brought my junior school headmaster to mind.
He used to stand in front off us in assembly and wave his badly burned deformed left hand at us, shouting in his Northern Irish accent "Fire doesn't give you a second chance"

Fifty years later I can still recall seeing and hearing that. That is truly tit 😳

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
999 in the 90s scared the crap out of me - and also not sure if this was even 999, but there was a shark episode where maybe 10 people were bobbing up and down tied together with their life jackets and they kept showing them from the shark's point of view circling underneath. Was absolutely terrifying! When a plane went overhead the people untied themselves to start waving / attracting attention and then the shark started picking them off...

I have lived with these nightmares for 30 years! 😂
Omg yes!!!!!!!! bleeping hell, that’s just given me a visceral memory of an episode where kids are throwing javelin in PE and a kid runs to collect it slips and impales themselves. bleeping horrendous.

Reactions: 9
Was 999 the programme that Michael Burke presented/narrated? I seem to remember something about a human chain to get someone out of water, was it all acted scenarios, I can't remember.
I do remember being terrified by a hammer horror where it was just a lone hand playing the piano!
And don't get me started on that ghost watch or whatever it was with? Michael Aspel and ? Sarah Green, I was beside myself!! Sorry this should maybe be on a TV thread

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Was 999 the programme that Michael Burke presented/narrated? I seem to remember something about a human chain to get someone out of water, was it all acted scenarios, I can't remember.
I do remember being terrified by a hammer horror where it was just a lone hand playing the piano!
And don't get me started on that ghost watch or whatever it was with? Michael Aspel and ? Sarah Green, I was beside myself!! Sorry this should maybe be on a TV thread
The hand playing piano was ‘The Beast with five fingers’ Peter Lorre starred in it.

There was a hammer horror film five people given how they will end up,Christopher Lee was in one story art critic he was,he abused and took the pee out of artist,the critic was very nasty about his work,
Lee despised the bloke,he got so nasty that he mowed the artist down in his car,artist ended up having to have his right hand removed,he killed himself,hence his hand always turning up where the critic was,getting its own back on critic.The story was in Dr Terrors House of Horrors.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Most of the Casualty accidents were so obvious though weren't they? anyone entering a disused building, climbing up something they shouldn't, doing some DIY and 10 year old me would think 'here we go'. They did spread awareness, as other have said, my first knowledge of FGM and toxic shock syndrome was from Casualty.

Reactions: 17
I also was traumatised by one episode of Casualty in particular, I must have been 9 or 10 at the time - a guy working on a building site got covered in hot tar then when they got him to hospital, started to peel said solidified tar from his body :sick::sick:

No idea why that one sticks in my head as they were all bloody traumatic :ROFLMAO:
Oh man yes that’s just unlocked one of my core memories! I’m 42 now I wonder what age I was when I saw it. I still remember his screams

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Katie Thistleton on holiday with her partner. Explains why she wasn't on GMB yesterday with Vick Hope and Jamie Laing promoting Radio 1 One Big Weekend this week in Luton. My gaydar is strong for her fella. Suppose he could just be a camp looking straight guy......

I de-lurk to contribute:

Gemma Dobson getting electrocuted in Byker Grove.
I showed somebody this on YouTube recently to demonstrate why I've never forgotten it 😂
---
Yep, Ghostwatch. Don't let Pipes get you! 👻😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not secret celebrity gossip but an absolute rave that I needed to share somewhere because I just think that this kindness needs to be shouted about.

An old friend of mine died last week, she was super young, had a young family and it's all-in-all very sad. Her husband is from Wales and is a Wrexham fan. Ryan Reynolds sent a personal video message to the family saying how sorry he is, sending love to them, and that if there was anything that they could do they would help, also said he would like to meet the family and find out more about her and her life. It was sent privately and not for PR or show or anything. I know he is an actor but he got choked up about it, as Blake is a similar age to my friend and obviously they have a young family.

I always liked Ryan, and this has absolutely solidified it for me.
He is indeed supposed to be a very decent man. Wrexham is my home town so my whole family are season ticket holders and they do nothing but sing his praises.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My most traumatising Casualty episode was one where 2 men were playing squash and one of them hit the ball - and for reasons I can’t quite remember, his arm snapped and the bone pierced right through the flesh and was poking right out :sick:. It was really gory.
Oh god I remember that one, I just went cold all over when I read that.🤣

Reactions: 5
Then again it wasn't just my parents, my generation had to all file into the assembly hall at school specially to watch videos on the TV on wheels of children playing on railway tracks and getting killed by a train/electrocuted by the overhead lines.
Those Public Service Announcements were great though, in that they did the job. As of now, I’ve never been electrocuted by a kite on a pylon, burned in chip pan fire, drowned in open water or suffocated in a grain store.

They showed one of my kids one when he was in primary school in the 00’s and he absolutely shat himself but on the plus side, he never played in or a near an electricity station 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.