Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My most traumatising Casualty episode was one where 2 men were playing squash and one of them hit the ball - and for reasons I can’t quite remember, his arm snapped and the bone pierced right through the flesh and was poking right out :sick:. It was really gory.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
999 in the 90s scared the crap out of me - and also not sure if this was even 999, but there was a shark episode where maybe 10 people were bobbing up and down tied together with their life jackets and they kept showing them from the shark's point of view circling underneath. Was absolutely terrifying! When a plane went overhead the people untied themselves to start waving / attracting attention and then the shark started picking them off...

I have lived with these nightmares for 30 years! 😂
999 was terrifying! Even a seemingly simple walk along a canal path turned into disaster once when a guy got stung by a bee, unaware he was allergic, and went into life threatening shock. Fear round every bloody corner growing up with that

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No, must have been late sixties/early seventies. I don't recall anything sexual.🤔
Don’t watch The Cement Garden it’s an unsettling film too. Just looked at the wiki page and Ian McEwan was accused of plagiarism when the book first came out in the 70’s. The plot is very similar to a book called Our Mother’s House which was adapted for the screen in 1967?

Reactions: 5
it is horrific, there's unaired footage thats even worse and they had to hire extra people who didn't mind weird tit to film some of it.
The flash cut scenes haunted me for years
---

Looovvedd this, Roald Dahl wrote that one too afaik
Roald Dahl wrote all of them - they were based on two collections of short stories he wrote. Definitely worth reading!

Reactions: 19
999 was ridiculous. The girl who got her hair stuck in the air vents in the swimming pool. the boy who got a javelin impaled through his neck, the motorcyclist who got impaled on a fence, there was a bloke who got electrocuted by a kettle which me and my friend thought was hilarious because his wife watched it through the kitchen window and the acting was so hammy 😂 Another ridiculous one was this man who worked in a fish and chip shop and the giant fryer burst open scalding him from the waist down. He then had to sit in an upstairs window completely naked until the ambulance arrived

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Don’t watch The Cement Garden it’s an unsettling film too. Just looked at the wiki page and Ian McEwan was accused of plagiarism when the book first came out in the 70’s. The plot is very similar to a book called Our Mother’s House which was adapted for the screen in 1967?
It's possible. I have had a dislike of Dirk Bogarde all my life which I could never work out. 🤔

Reactions: 2
Ah Ian McEwan has form for plagiarism. He was accused by fans of Lucilla Andrews, a romance novelist of nicking details from her memoir .
The film that gave me nightmares was “The Snorkel” We were shown it at school as an end of term treat, It involves a murderer who hides under the floorboard with a piece of piping to breathe. I checked under my bed for weeks after that!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Speaking of inappropriate TV programmes for children - we were allowed to watch anything as kids, including Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, headlined by Bernard Manning. I was only about 8 and judging by the enthusiastic applause an exotic dancer got, I thought they were obviously the ‘best’ bit of the show and that I’d be a ‘dancer’ too when I grew up. Thankfully I went back to wanting to marry Elvis instead. An early example of being influenced for all the wrong reasons.

Wheeltappers was like Phoenix Nights… but real.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
999 was ridiculous. The girl who got her hair stuck in the air vents in the swimming pool.
I was just going to say that this is the one that sticks with me! I think it’s was a jacuzzi (that’s what I tell myself anyway 😆) and I remember that someone had to keep going under water and give her a breath to keep her alive. Traumatised me!

Reactions: 11
Not secret celebrity gossip but an absolute rave that I needed to share somewhere because I just think that this kindness needs to be shouted about.

An old friend of mine died last week, she was super young, had a young family and it's all-in-all very sad. Her husband is from Wales and is a Wrexham fan. Ryan Reynolds sent a personal video message to the family saying how sorry he is, sending love to them, and that if there was anything that they could do they would help, also said he would like to meet the family and find out more about her and her life. It was sent privately and not for PR or show or anything. I know he is an actor but he got choked up about it, as Blake is a similar age to my friend and obviously they have a young family.

I always liked Ryan, and this has absolutely solidified it for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 147
My most traumatising Casualty episode was one where 2 men were playing squash and one of them hit the ball - and for reasons I can’t quite remember, his arm snapped and the bone pierced right through the flesh and was poking right out :sick:. It was really gory.
Anyone remember the episode of Casualty where the old bloke goes in to the shed and he’s raking around, you’re on the edge of your seat wondering what horror will unfold, will he chop his arm off with that chainsaw, knock over that can of petrol and go up in flames?

No, he reaches for a tin of peanuts and goes in to anaphylactic shock 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Did you ever watch The Way The Wind Blows? Those two programmes gave me major issues over death & losing family members when I was young. Absolutely traumatised me !!
No I haven't seen that one, luckily for me then as it sounds like something that would have really upset me at the time. I was always a very intense child, my brain always used to go to the worst case scenario something that could happen...in fact it still does!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I also was traumatised by one episode of Casualty in particular, I must have been 9 or 10 at the time - a guy working on a building site got covered in hot tar then when they got him to hospital, started to peel said solidified tar from his body :sick::sick:

No idea why that one sticks in my head as they were all bloody traumatic :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The scariest programme, without question, was Salems Lot. My parents were out and I watched it because it had nice David Soul from Starksy and Hutch. I was bleeping terrified. Glued to the sofa in fear and no remote control so couldn't change channels. Vampire children floating outside windows and tapping on them. What. The duck.
I remember my cousins, who were much older than I was, making me watch that when I was staying with them. It terrified me then and it terrified me again when I watched it years later as an adult!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
“Where we’re going, you won’t need eyes to see” - a terrifying Sam Neill.
I have seen Event Horizon and all I can remember about it is the young bloke who lets himself out of the airlock into space. Maybe it was so scary that I've blocked the rest of it out of my mind?

Reactions: 2
I keep watching old episodes of Casualty and thinking ‘I remember this! It was how I found out about female genital mutilation/organ donation/abortion/rape’ etc - so it’s clearly lodged in my brain. And then looking up the year and realising I was about 10! What were my parents thinking? Casualty did though save them from a lot of difficult conversations I think.

I am dreading the Josh family bit. Every time he mentions his wife and kids, years before it happens, I feel sad!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.