Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't see it happen, but how do you give someone a sarcastic standing ovation? Surely unless everyone is looking right at your face, it just looks like a standing ovation? And the thing about those is that once one person has done it, other people join in. So, did she give Ricky G a standing ovation to... protest him getting a standing ovation?
From what I remember from things she's said, she had a real problem with people making jokes or comedies out of punching down at minorities or people who are different.

For example: trans, gay, obese, disabled, women in certain circumstances, those deemed to not be attractive by others etc. Case in point in this case: Afterlife, The Office, Derek, jokes from his stand up shows etc.

Reactions: 9
From what I remember from things she's said, she had a real problem with people making jokes or comedies out of punching down at minorities or people who are different.

For example: trans, gay, obese, disabled, women in certain circumstances, those deemed to not be attractive by others etc. Case in point in this case: Afterlife, The Office, Derek, jokes from his stand up shows etc.
fair enough but if i had the time would prompt a deep dive into her. i didnt know she did standup and if what she's mostly known for acting others words, its easy for her to feel in a position to judge others. I am not defending Gervais or his humour and tbh idohave issues with a lot of what he takes a dig at but he's not even funny when he does it imo so maybe i'm not the best to comment as an expert here

Reactions: 2
Ashley Judd was beautiful in Double Jeopardy. Last thing I saw her in was Berlin Station and her face was just distracting in that it didn't move like, well, a normal human face.

Reactions: 5
My Grandad used to have a liking for Ms Routledge, he used to say she was a “handsome” woman every time she was on TV.

Granny was not amused, although she did have more than a whiff of Hyacinth about her. 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
My Grandad used to have a liking for Ms Routledge, he used to say she was a “handsome” woman every time she was on TV.

Granny was not amused, although she did have more than a whiff of Hyacinth about her. 😊
She always had plenty of male admirers in KUA.

Reactions: 15

I mean... she's not wrong.

Reactions: 19
She's very much a 'change a word, get a third' singer.
Not just when it comes to writing, the Lemonade video was lifted from someone with the bare minimum changed but she got the credit. It's at the point that there are online articles from people about how much she 'borrows' but gets called original and a trendsetter.

This is seemingly the reason she will never get AOYT because many are annoyed at her taking credit for other people's work.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Heard of the "comedian" Lolly Adefope anyone? No didn't think so.. i am not the biggest fan of Ricky Gevais and his comedy but i swear sometimes these ppl only do that kind of thing to get their name out there for some cheap publicity. Only time we hear those names from those who haven't made a name for them by doing comedy - ie their job
Um yeah? She's been in loads, including Ghosts which is fantastic and doesn't punch down like that sweetcorn-toothed looking bleep Gervais.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I’m really glad she made sure to let everyone know what a wonderful person she is.
Yawn.
Like Ricky retweets praise? Afterlife is a sitcom where the only good thing is the dog and the repeated use of the word bleep is the height of the comedy in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Not really a celebrity but the columnist Sarah Whiteley from the Metro has died suddenly. Only 39. Most of her stories were about her two young children. I couldn't relate to them but it's no age to go and will be an awful time for her partner.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Not really a celebrity but the columnist Sarah Whiteley from the Metro has died suddenly. Only 39. Most of her stories were about her two young children. I couldn't relate to them but it's no age to go and will be an awful time for her partner.
Former NFL player Vontae Davis has also died, he was only 35 :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Re Beyoncé's new album, the Taylor Swift Is Gay tinhats have decided that Taylor is definitely singing back up on one of the songs - despite official reports otherwise and no sign of her on the credits - and that the lyrics are a cue to a "mass coming out" of Taylor, Beyoncé and other artists.

These people are bleeping cracked 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Yeah I don't doubt her reasons for doing it, I'm just saying in a physical sense: how do you give a sarcastic standing ovation? How does anyone know it was sarcastic? I'm not even saying it can't be done, I'm just wondering what happened.

Reactions: 8
Wasn’t there a rumour that Patricia Routledge was in a relationship with Betty Boothroyd? (Absolutely scandalous, I know but it’s one of those persistent rumours that’s been going round since I was at school).

Also the actress who played Young Hyancinth in the prequel absolutely nailed her mannerisms and I’d have loved to see a full series but the Beeb went with a tit Porridge prequel starring Kevin Bishop instead.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.