Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't see it happen, but how do you give someone a sarcastic standing ovation? Surely unless everyone is looking right at your face, it just looks like a standing ovation? And the thing about those is that once one person has done it, other people join in. So, did she give Ricky G a standing ovation to... protest him getting a standing ovation?
From the article, he wasn't there receive the award. I don't think he got a standing ovation from the audience, but she stood and 'clapped in an exaggerated manner'.

I remember Keeping Up Appearances being seen as a bit naff at the time but it worked so well because it’s a straightforward concept but very well done. It’s also a got a bit of retro appeal now it’s around 30 years old. Unlike Roy Clarke’s other big show (LOTSW), it didn’t outstay its welcome either. The cast is fabulous too - not just Patricia Routledge but all the other regulars like Geoffrey Hughes. That line about eating at the captains table in Christmas special on the QE2 is classic.
That's a great summary (y) I would also add that Sheridan is one of the best 'characters'. In the heritage of Vera (Cheers) 'Er Indoors (Minder) etc.

Reactions: 18
That's a great summary (y) I would also add that Sheridan is one of the best 'characters'. In the heritage of Vera (Cheers) 'Er Indoors (Minder) etc.
Yes I love those invisible characters - Maris (Frasier), Elizabeth Mainwaring (Dads Army) and Mrs Columbo. Sheridan is another great addition.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Yes I love those invisible characters - Maris (Frasier), Elizabeth Mainwaring (Dads Army) and Mrs Columbo. Sheridan is another great addition.
Yes, the off-screen characters in those are brilliant, adding a new dimension to the show, but they can never be 'ruined' for us by being seen.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Had a poke round the thread to see if anyone mentioned Kate Beckinsdale, and why she’s in hospital. I didn’t see anything, please don’t flame me if I missed it
I don't think she has come out and said even though people, including other celebs, have been asking. All the media are saying is it's a mystery illness so they probably don't know either but they are surmising it could be stress related as her stepdad hasn't long passed from cancer and her mother is ill as well although it hasn't been said what she is suffering from.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We never see Lucy in Gavin and Stacey either (Smithys girlfriend)
Isn’t she meant to be still at school though? So a bit dubious these days. Mind you there are a few G&S episodes that have aged badly. Russell Brand’s 3way with Nessa and Stacey, the Kevin Spacey stuff🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Tea so weak it ought to be served with egg fried rice.... but I met/filmed with Sean Bean in the 80's (late 1988). It was for a drama he was doing called 'My Kingdom For A Horse' and we were filming at a place called Burton Dassett in Warwickshire. He seemed ok to be honest and he put some money behind the bar if I remember correctly.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Isn’t she meant to be still at school though? So a bit dubious these days. Mind you there are a few G&S episodes that have aged badly. Russell Brand’s 3way with Nessa and Stacey, the Kevin Spacey stuff🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
At one point when Smithy says Lucy is at Brownies Pam asks what age she is, and Smithy says 18 and she is a pack leader. But yes there are lots of references to school type stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Weird though because the main man at Next is a massive Tory and Gary obviously is not. Both must have decided political principles weren’t *that* important after all.
I'm not totally sure Gary is actually as 'left wing' as he makes out :unsure:

Remember when Russell Brand used to be the big left wing activist ? You'd sometimes see him on TV at some protest or other, surrounded by enthusiastic young women. I did wonder at the time if his 'activism' was a little scheme to get himself amongst 'the right company', if you know what I mean ...

It's been posted on here that Gary's a bit of a shagger, with more superinjunctions to his name (to cover his tracks) than crisp adverts. Maybe he has borrowed the RB blueprints ...

• Sick
Reactions: 16
What's the point of these super injunctions if everyone knows he's shagging around. And secondly, the women he's shagging don't need the press they can go on Instagram and share screenshots, pics whatever.

Reactions: 10
In the vein of celebrities you didn't know are related (well, I didn't know);

Selina Griffiths of Benidorm, Cuckoo etc. is Annette Crosbie's daughter.

Now I know this I think they've got the same voice!

image.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.