Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heard of the "comedian" Lolly Adefope anyone? No didn't think so.. i am not the biggest fan of Ricky Gevais and his comedy but i swear sometimes these ppl only do that kind of thing to get their name out there for some cheap publicity. Only time we hear those names from those who haven't made a name for them by doing comedy - ie their job
Isn't Lolly 'Kitty' in Ghosts?
What happened with her and Ricky Gervais?

Reactions: 25
Isn't Lolly 'Kitty' in Ghosts?
What happened with her and Ricky Gervais?
iDK sorry idk what Ghosts even is.. never heard of that either. Apparently she is supposed to have given him a sarcastic standing ovation at an awards show.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
iDK sorry idk what Ghosts even is.. never heard of that either. Apparently she is supposed to have given him a sarcastic standing ovation at an awards show.
Ghosts is bloody brilliant (the UK one, the US one just isn’t right) and has its own thread on here. Gutted it’s finished now.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve never heard of Ghosts either but I did get rid of my TVs four years ago 🙄

Reactions: 5
I get why you call it a guilty pleasure, but I’m 100% serious when I say that Patricia Routledge is one of the best comedy actors of our time. Not just the voice and delivery, but the physical comedy she brought to that character. Absolute genius of a woman.

edited to add, Sorry, in my excitement to share the Patricia Routledge love, I missed the rest of your comment,

“The characters and scenarios are very well-drawn.”

totally agree!
I absolutely love Keeping Up Appearances. I laugh every time, no matter how often I watch.

She is just brilliant - as indeed are all the main characters.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Heard of the "comedian" Lolly Adefope anyone? No didn't think so.. i am not the biggest fan of Ricky Gevais and his comedy but i swear sometimes these ppl only do that kind of thing to get their name out there for some cheap publicity. Only time we hear those names from those who haven't made a name for them by doing comedy - ie their job
Lolly Adefope from Taskmaster, Ghosts, Shrill, Saltburn, Black Mirror, The spy who dumped me... and that's just off the top of my head. That Lolly Adefope?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
It's pretty much the biggest comedy hit of the last 5 years.
tbf I don't watch much tv anymore but given that comment I am surprised I haven't even heard of it..
---
Lolly Adefope from Taskmaster, Ghosts, Shrill, Saltburn, Black Mirror, The spy who dumped me... and that's just off the top of my head. That Lolly Adefope?
ah ok Haven't seen Taskmaster or Black Mirror. Saltburn was apparently vile so not keen on watching and the rest I haven't heard of. Tv comedy aside from What We Did In The Shadows hasn't been funny in years tbh.

Does she do standup etc or are they using the term comedian when they mean comedy actor?
---
I’ve never heard of Ghosts either but I did get rid of my TVs four years ago 🙄
good point. Flatmate dumped our tv a while back and since then I really can't get into watching things on my laptop.. it's not the same

• Haha
I loved Saltburn but don't even remember her from that or anything else.
Didn't Ricky win for Afterlife? Which tbf is a great show.

I loved Saltburn but don't even remember her from that or anything else.
Didn't Ricky win for Afterlife? Which tbf is a great show.
Remember the guy who sang 'Low' at karaoke - she was his long suffering wife.

Edit to add - yes she did stand-up comedy as well.

Reactions: 3
I absolutely love Keeping Up Appearances. I laugh every time, no matter how often I watch.

She is just brilliant - as indeed are all the main characters.
I only found out recently that the late Clive Swift (Hyacinth's long suffering husband Richard) was married to the author Margaret Drabble

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
tbf I don't watch much tv anymore but given that comment I am surprised I haven't even heard of it..
---

ah ok Haven't seen Taskmaster or Black Mirror. Saltburn was apparently vile so not keen on watching and the rest I haven't heard of. Tv comedy aside from What We Did In The Shadows hasn't been funny in years tbh.

Does she do standup etc or are they using the term comedian when they mean comedy actor?
---

good point. Flatmate dumped our tv a while back and since then I really can't get into watching things on my laptop.. it's not the same
So, my take away is that if you haven’t heard of somebody, which isn't going to be hard, considering you don’t watch tv, nobody else possibly could have?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I think I need the captions on as I'm missing what you're hearing on these videos. I could swear blind Lily said stick your cock up her arse and then looked shocked about 5 minutes in.
Had to stop watching as I was giggling so much and people were asking what I was doing.

• Haha
I think I need the captions on as I'm missing what you're hearing on these videos. I could swear blind Lily said stick your cock up her arse and then looked shocked about 5 minutes in.
Had to stop watching as I was giggling so much and people were asking what I was doing.
That's exactly what was said. He was pretending to be the possessed girl from the exorcist.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.