Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Liz Dawn ♥

I remember watching this when I learnt Paul O'Grady had died. Made me howl with laughter.
In the first one only Sarah Green and Ruth Maddock seem to know what is going on, the others look petrified which I found funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Someone else commented "no-one wants your man. Not even Jolene."
I quite like the song and I expected to hate it.
Yes I don’t think the song is terrible. She has the voice for it. But all this over Jay?

IMG_7347.jpeg

This man?
IMG_7345.jpeg

Bey, you need to go to specsavers
IMG_7346.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
In the first one only Sarah Green and Ruth Maddock seem to know what is going on, the others look petrified which I found funny.
There's quite a few to watch. They were recommended and I thought they would be dead boring. Wish I'd known, would probably have booked myself a seat in the audience of one or more.
Who was that Jonathan bloke in the first one?
And is the Isla girl Sacha Baron Cohen's wife?
Must have been filmed pre 1999 as that was when Jill was killed.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yeah, a few years ago BBC did a load of pilot episodes for comedy series, including Young Hyacinth, Kerry Howard playing Hyacinth. But it was really bad.

Everyone wanted to see Young Hyacinth meeting Richard and Onslow and Bruce etc. But it just didn't give any of that. It showed Hyacinth working as a maid in a posh house, where she was getting her airs and graces from. And dating someone who wasn't Richard. It was pretty bad, even if Kerry Howard made a very good IMO young Hyacinth.
Weirdly I’ve watched keeping up appearances on iplayer recently 😁 what was the spin off called?

Reactions: 2
She does look odd now, she’s tweaked her pretty face so much, the fillers have migrated into the tissues around her mouth and jaw.. and she’s got herself a early Wildenstien look going on now ….
You would think she'd have learned from Courtney Cox's mistakes, but sadly no, she's gone from a few discrete tweaks to looking really weird.

Reactions: 18
There's quite a few to watch. They were recommended and I thought they would be dead boring. Wish I'd known, would probably have booked myself a seat in the audience of one or more.
Who was that Jonathan bloke in the first one?
And is the Isla girl Sacha Baron Cohen's wife?
Must have been filmed pre 1999 as that was when Jill was killed.
Yes that's Isla Fisher SBC wife, and Jonathan is Jonathan Kerrigan who was in Casualty then Heartbeat when Nick Berry left.

Reactions: 8
Keeping up Appearances is a guilty pleasure of mine. The characters and scenarios are very well-drawn.
I get why you call it a guilty pleasure, but I’m 100% serious when I say that Patricia Routledge is one of the best comedy actors of our time. Not just the voice and delivery, but the physical comedy she brought to that character. Absolute genius of a woman.

edited to add, Sorry, in my excitement to share the Patricia Routledge love, I missed the rest of your comment,

“The characters and scenarios are very well-drawn.”

totally agree!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Yeah I get second hand embarrassment for her version of Jolene. Girl, no one wants that Jabba the hut, be real.
I love the original and listened to it, willing to give it a go as so many had claimed it was great...and ended up turning it off just over a minute into it.

The funny thing is I remember back in the day when they first got together, it surprised a LOT of people as she had seemingly always said how weird he looked. It was brought back up again when she brought out the Renaissance album and on the song Church Girl, she can be heard saying “Must be the cash ’cause it ain’t your face,” which many thought was about him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I love those Blankety Blank VTs. They’re hilariously funny but they also give a really good insight into how time consuming it was to shoot a 30 minute quiz show with all the retakes and “pickups”. There are some very strained smiles at certain points amongst the celebs

Reactions: 12
I get why you call it a guilty pleasure, but I’m 100% serious when I say that Patricia Routledge is one of the best comedy actors of our time. Not just the voice and delivery, but the physical comedy she brought to that character. Absolute genius of a woman.

edited to add, Sorry, in my excitement to share the Patricia Routledge love, I missed the rest of your comment,

totally agree!
I completely agree, she delivers a fully-formed character in KUA, as in so much else she's done.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It’s confusing when people buy into Beyoncé’s lyrics, when she doesn’t even write them.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

totally agree!
She is a wonderful actress.
I also loved her show Hetty Wainthropp Investigates.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Yes that's Isla Fisher SBC wife, and Jonathan is Jonathan Kerrigan who was in Casualty then Heartbeat when Nick Berry left.
I one I don't know is Bob who is next to Sarah Greene, any idea, a local news guy or something ?
I love those Blankety Blank VTs. They’re hilariously funny but they also give a really good insight into how time consuming it was to shoot a 30 minute quiz show with all the retakes and “pickups”. There are some very strained smiles at certain points amongst the celebs
I don't suppose Lilly made it any easier with all the ad libbing and taking the mick, especially with Liz Dawn. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Original Jolene came on in the car the other morning while I was driving my teenage daughter to school.

We both sang along with gusto. Then we had a chat about why Dolly should just let Jolene take her man and leave herself free to meet someone better instead 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.