Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Anyone else have a mental killswitch engage when the words Hunter+Biden+laptop appear in a sentence?
(no offense intended, I love a bit of anoraky detail, but I just can’t be doing with the middle-aged children of superannuated politicians)
I’m not sure what the laptop is supposed to show? I think everyone knows he’s an addict and he had an affair with his sister in law and used prostitutes. Some people are obsessed with the laptop but I’m not quite sure what it’s meant to show?
I saw Biden Sr on the BBC today meeting Rishi and he was talking and using what looked like cue cards - is that normal behaviour because I don’t remember Trump and Obama using them?
---
Learnt a new word today! Not heard this before!

Reactions: 2

katz2022

Chatty Member
Did she? I guess we should all listen as she is clearly the first woman to ever try reducing sugar in her diet and then go through menopause. She also appears to be trying to be 20 years younger on gogglebox in her dungarees. And now she gets an honour for her services!
What age do I need to stop wearing my dungarees? 🤣

I only saw George Michael once - at Wembley - and I’ll always regret not seeing him more.

Anybody remember the play on Tv Dennis Potters Singing detective?Michael Gambon (brill actor) played patient who was it that played the nurse very attractive actress? Me memory faded.🥴
Joanne Whalley?
---
Oh god, her accent in that was terrible. But speaking of Penny Dreadful, which also had Josh Hartnett in, he was once in a film about hairdressers set in Keighley where he attempted one of the most atrocious Yorkshire accents I’ve ever heard. I had such a crush on him right til the moment he starred in that film.

Someone on Twitter has said that whether an actor can do the accent or not is only one of the things casting directors look for in what the actor can bring to the table, but I find it really distracting when the accent is done badly. It doesn’t matter how good they are at everything else, if the accent is off, it takes me straight out. Weirdly, Claes Bang, who is actually Danish, did a godwaful Danish accent in The Norsemen, presumably because he’s perfected sounding like someone who was born and bred in England.
I saw that film, it wasn't the worst film I've ever seen but yes his accent was awful!

coolcat2022

VIP Member
As a teenager- I loved this song. Went to a big free concert The Big Day at Glasgow Green. We were all waiting for Adamski to come on however instead we got Sheena Easton with a fake American accent 🤬 She got booed loads!
And she never performed in Scotland again, I recall?

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Having a nosey in that website that has those Hunter Biden photos (no idea what’s really going on).
I appreciate the level of detail - we have dates, geotags and colour palettes
IMG_8190.jpeg

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Yeah, I loved him in GOTG and Parks & Recs. I think we should normalise celebs keeping their private lives to themselves so we can just enjoy their output without having to ponder over what a shitty person they are irl 😑 Get them off IG and Twitter.
He posted a photo of his damaged little toenail. He just creeps me out!

• Sick

HaloGirl

VIP Member

It won't last. Dunno what a 28 year old dad wants with a 22 year old.
I remember Adam apologising to Eiri and George when he split with Eiri last year. He met Holly because Tilly was on the same strictly season so were they seeing each other?