Secret Celebrity Gossip #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thats the one 😄. I used to love the salon one on ch4 too. Mon the early 00s 😄
The Salon was great! Used to watch it regularly - think this was before Channel 4 got the rights to The Simpsons. They may also have helped out the GHD brand, pretty sure they were sponsored and / or mentioned on there somehow (could be my cloudy memory playing tricks).

Wasn't that the programme Steve Strange (RIP) was on? (he was surely a danger to himself, and others, with his shaky hands).*

*Edit: Googled it, no, it was the BBC3 programme Celebrity Scissorhands.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I saw Fleetwood Mac a few years back - it had all of them apart from Christine McVie. Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie were amazing. His guitar playing is off the scale, her voice superlative. I only went because my husband wanted to go, I liked them as background music beforebut after seeing them live it changed my perspective.
I see original Fleetwood Mac line up in sixties in my local pub,upstairs club.About 10 Bob to get in.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I saw Fleetwood Mac a few years back - it had all of them apart from Christine McVie. Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie were amazing. His guitar playing is off the scale, her voice superlative. I only went because my husband wanted to go, I liked them as background music beforebut after seeing them live it changed my perspective.
Sadly cancelled the gig I had tickets for so never saw them live, though a FM tribute the other week was a brilliant - all the hits & we did wonder if there was a frisson between the band x

Reactions: 5
I’m afraid I’m another one not keen on the Beatles. I will admit, some of the songs Lennon and McCartney wrote together are good, but separately they produce complete bogsnort. Lennon especially. I cannot stand the dirge that is Imagine, and I have been known to walk out of shops at Christmas time if Merry Christmas Everybody (War Is Over) comes on the PA system.
I hate imagine. With a passion.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I follow Garbage on Instagram, and found it interesting Shirley (Manson) posted this last night (before the gig got cancelled).
(Caption says: "Urgent note: Please don’t take it personally but if you come up to me during Siouxsie’s set tonight at Cruel World Festival , I will be non responsive. Thank you for your understanding in advance.")
There is a response from Skin (of Skunk Anansie) saying "Drives me nuts when I’m trying to watch a band and people come shouting in my ear".

We often say there are often two sides to when someone is being off, but thought at least Shirley acknowledged to her fans in advance. One guy replied to Skin it was the price of fame. I'm on the fence as we all want to enjoy our favourite acts without someone constantly in our ear or bugging us, why shouldn't they.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I follow Garbage on Instagram, and found it interesting Shirley (Manson) posted this last night (before the gig got cancelled).
(Caption says: "Urgent note: Please don’t take it personally but if you come up to me during Siouxsie’s set tonight at Cruel World Festival , I will be non responsive. Thank you for your understanding in advance.")
There is a response from Skin (of Skunk Anansie) saying "Drives me nuts when I’m trying to watch a band and people come shouting in my ear".We often say there are often two sides to when someone is being off, but thought at least Shirley acknowledged to her fans in advance. One guy replied to Skin it was the price of fame. I'm on the fence as we all want to enjoy our favourite acts without someone constantly in our ear or bugging us, why shouldn't they.
Suppose as a celebrity wanting some down time you can't really win - they could go in a cordoned-off VIP area but they'd get abuse for that as well.
I always feel a slightly warm glow when I see other people saying they hate Imagine! For years I thought I was the only one. 😂
I was very young when Lennon died (can just about remember it - mum being a Beatles fan was very disturbed by it all) but I think Imagine only became such a huge hit because of the tragedy and maybe because it sounds kinda haunting anyway. Far too grim a song for my liking. I've never bought into people idolising John Lennon, you could tell he had a nasty side, though I did like his sense of humour sometimes.

*Though, the internet tells me Imagine was first a hit in 1971, a bit before my time! And re-released posthumously in 1980.

Reactions: 4
Reaction to Lennon's death was in some ways similar to Diana. His album that had only been released a few weeks before (to critical disdain and poor record sales) suddenly went platinum and won numerous awards. Before his death many people thought Lennon was a joke of a musician.

Reactions: 12
Quite.
Was it one of those wierd things where someone says 'oh you look just like your mum' but you can't see it?
Obviously his Nana knew.
Like Ronan Farrow - to me he looks so much like Frank Sinatra. Nothing like Mia or Woody Allen.

Reactions: 15
oh really? i assumed it was both - that makes it even crueller :(

it’s also the fact that the lyrics imply that she’s still pining for him a bit (“tell me does she kiss the way i used to kiss you” etc) which seemed especially mean to me.
It is actually Agnetha’s favourite Abba song. She told the Mail on Sunday in 2013 ‘Björn wrote it about us after the breakdown of our marriage. The fact that he wrote it exactly when we divorced is touching really’ she explained. ‘It was fantastic to do that song because I could put in such feeling. I didn’t mind sharing it with the public. It didn’t feel wrong. There is so much in that song. It was a mixture of what I felt and Björn felt, but also what Benny and Frida went through.’

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Reaction to Lennon's death was in some ways similar to Diana. His album that had only been released a few weeks before (to critical disdain and poor record sales) suddenly went platinum and won numerous awards. Before his death many people thought Lennon was a joke of a musician.
I remember I was only 6 when he died, and "Starting Over" had been released, which I have to say I really do like (far better than the dreary "Imagine") and my uncle kept on saying "You watch, this'll be Number One!" and then when it was, he kept gleefully saying "I told you! I told you!".
---
Yeah it was
I remember when "That's Life!" featured the slimming tea con.

Reactions: 4
Imagine just reminds me of Gal Gadot and all the celebrities singing during the Covid 19 pandemic to ‘raise morale’ for us plebs.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I always feel a slightly warm glow when I see other people saying they hate Imagine! For years I thought I was the only one. 😂
Im glad its not just me- people think im weird and insensitive normally when I mention it

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.