Secret Celebrity Gossip #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Straying a bit OT, I was shocked to discover the Saville wasn’t charged or convicted of his crimes because it all come out after his death… with all the disgust I think I just assumed he had.

If there’s firm evidence he should take it to the police.
His funeral was enormous, he even lay ‘in state’ in his gold coffin. Thousands lined the streets and people were bawling. Quite extraordinary really
His gravestone was the most ostentatious huge marble, stating all his achievements. He really did think he was above everyone and everything disgusting thing he did.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Sex offenders get it away with it time and time again because they know that it's unlikely that even if their victims go to the police, it won't go to court - and of course, even more unlikely that it will result in a conviction.

There's also the risk that papers/media outlets run of being sued - the papers had loads of stuff on Savile, but didn't run it for that reason. And I've mentioned before how Russell Brand gets his lawyers to jump on any hint of a story about him.

Reactions: 16
Sex offenders get it away with it time and time again because they know that it's unlikely that even if their victims go to the police, it won't go to court - and of course, even more unlikely that it will result in a conviction.

There's also the risk that papers/media outlets run of being sued - the papers had loads of stuff on Savile, but didn't run it for that reason. And I've mentioned before how Russell Brand gets his lawyers to jump on any hint of a story about him.
Expensive lawyers aside, I guess Saville was so protected for many reasons, why do you think it’s the same with Brand?

I don’t doubt what you say about Brand btw, I’m just curious, because he hasn’t has such a long and (weirdly) influential career like Saville did.

Reactions: 4
Expensive lawyers aside, I guess Saville was so protected for many reasons, why do you think it’s the same with Brand?

I don’t doubt what you say about Brand btw, I’m just curious, because he hasn’t has such a long and (weirdly) influential career like Saville did.
The main thing for any media outlet is always going to be the risk of being sued. Brand is notorious for spending tit loads on lawyers to shut things down.

The main thing for any media outlet is always going to be the risk of being sued. Brand is notorious for spending tit loads on lawyers to shut things down.
It’s sick that he’s been able to get away with what he’s (allegedly) done, just because he has so much money.

It's how it goes. People often don't want to report such crimes committed by somebody well known as they know that if it even went to court, the perpetrator will be able to afford better lawyers.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The sooner they do a biopic of FM, the better! I adore them! I’m a Stevie fan, but love Lindsey’s music even though I think he was a twit. Tusk was a masterpiece and it was mostly his doing, and I think he’s extremely talented as a musician. But he’s an effing nightmare as a person!
---

I believe it’s this one? 😂

What annoys me about Lindsey was he was open about being a dick to Stevie when they were together and post-breakup. He bullied her into doing the topless pic for their Buckingham Nicks album even though she told him many times she didn't want to do it. She spent all day working while he lay in bed while pretending to write songs. It was seemingly an open secret about the way he treated her but because it was the 70s, no one did anything.

Then when they joined FM, he hated it because as Mick once said, he didn't like the fact she was outgrowing him. He would try to kick and trip her up on stage to the point Christine called him out on it. He also claimed he was the only reason she was famous because if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have any songs forgetting the fact she wrote them and had a career outside the band that had nothing to do with him. He even made digs about having a family unlike her.

Stevie is no angel but the difference is, unlike Lindsey, she has admitted it. As many have said, he has never gotten over the fact she was the one who dumped him and has blamed her for everything over the years including him being let go from the band even though they all said it was a band decision yet even now, he is treated like a good guy even when he continues to call her out.

---
Holly would have known all this too, she has to
go as well, but the web spreads wide
She does. There is a picture of her outside an awards show where Matthew goes up to her and she has a look of horror on her face. This was after he had been shunted off of TM after Schofe had no further use for him.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Stevie is no angel but the difference is, unlike Lindsey, she has admitted it.
All of your comment, but especially this.

I can’t find any evidence of it now, but I’m sure I read that Lindsey was a prick one too many times, he yelled at Stevie, the rest of the band saw it, it was the final straw and they kicked him out.

Does anyone else remember reading this?

I think there’s going to be a documentary on Gert van der Graf soon. I can’t imagine what Agnetha was thinking to get involved with him. As you say, she was probably very fragile at that time. As for Björn and Agnetha, they will always be connected through their children and grandchildren and are on good terms, but as far as I’m aware Björn has a relatively new partner called Christina after splitting from his wife of around 40 years.
I watched a documentary about Agnetha being a recluse a few years ago. With Gert van der Graf. Beyond wierd. When they lived together in that strange set up he insisted she did her :poop: in a bucket so he could keep them. I really wish I had made that up.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
All of your comment, but especially this.

I can’t find any evidence of it now, but I’m sure I read that Lindsey was a prick one too many times, he yelled at Stevie, the rest of the band saw it, it was the final straw and they kicked him out.

Does anyone else remember reading this?
From what I remember, they were at some Musicare event and they were welcomed on stage to Rihannon. He wasn't happy about this and went off on one backstage and as usual, Stevie was the target. A few days later he claimed he was told Stevie said it was him or her and he was the one sent packing. As usual, he played the victim and his wife also got involved and that had many fans calling Stevie out online. Stevie eventually brought out a statement saying while it was true that she said she wouldn't work with him again, he was as usual not telling the full story, and that night even though it wasn't as bad as some of their arguments, she finally had enough of him starting on her and at some point told the band it was her or him and they backed her as they had witnessed a lot of the crap he put her through.

Christine and Mick did an interview a year or so later with Mojo magazine where they said Lindsey wasn't fired as he claimed but they had to choose between Stevie and him and they chose Stevie. In 2021, Lindsey did another interview blaming Stevie again claiming Mick didn't want him to go and he was willing to go back again but put everything on Stevie's door. Of course, now that Christine has passed and Mick said the band is all done, I'm guessing that is that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I loved The Salon! Whatever happened to Ricardo?
Yes it was on in 2003, I used to watch it whilst on maternity leave and breastfeeding my son...which is why I remember.
---
That is Leo Bancroft, who does Ruth Langsfords hair now.
I like Ruth...but he does an awful job, helmet hair...more hair spray than Donal Trump....
---
That is Leo Bancroft, who does Ruth Langsfords hair now.
I like Ruth...but he does an awful job, helmet hair...more hair spray than Donal Trump....
---
Yes it was on in 2003, I used to watch it whilst on maternity leave and breastfeeding my son...which is why I remember.
---

---

Sorry, to repeat but somebody above has just said the same thing...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Eh? He may not have been the most technically accomplished musician but he wasn't a joke of a musician. I do think you're somewhat rewriting history here. There's never been a bigger band than The Beatles - it still blows my mind how prolific they were with even their B sides being brilliant compositions. They could have churned out variations on She Loves You for eternity but instead didn't take the easy predictable route and creatively developed in major leaps from Rubber Soul onwards.
I'm talking about after the Beatles. Many critics had been pointing out that Lennon's solo output was rubbish.

Reactions: 3
Picture the scene. It’s 1989 and I’m a huge rock fan. This is England and rock shows are tucked away at 2am and MTV wasn’t here yet. This was a golden opportunity to see one of my heroes (not Sam Fox clearly) on prime time TV and I was bloody excited.

I settled down in front of the TV and I remember it like it was yesterday. It genuinely was like watching a car crash in real life. I was watching with my Dad. I think he said something like ‘well this one won’t be forgotten’. He wasn’t wrong. Couldn’t tell you who won a single thing that night but Christ that was toe cringingly bad.
Didnt Mick Fleetwood turn out to be a bit of a twit as well? Or did I dream that tea?
I'll never forget that evening for as long as I live, It was absolutely, crawl up your own hole cringe, it's stayed with me since.
I'm nearly 50 now🤣🤣🤣

Dunno about big Mick🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.