Secret Celebrity Gossip #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont think any of Fleetwood Mac were completely non-twatish. As a couple of them have admitted, iirc.
They might not have been so twattish all the time if they hadn't been helping the economy of Columbia so much.....

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Picture the scene. It’s 1989 and I’m a huge rock fan. This is England and rock shows are tucked away at 2am and MTV wasn’t here yet. This was a golden opportunity to see one of my heroes (not Sam Fox clearly) on prime time TV and I was bloody excited.

I settled down in front of the TV and I remember it like it was yesterday. It genuinely was like watching a car crash in real life. I was watching with my Dad. I think he said something like ‘well this one won’t be forgotten’. He wasn’t wrong. Couldn’t tell you who won a single thing that night but Christ that was toe cringingly bad.
Didnt Mick Fleetwood turn out to be a bit of a twit as well? Or did I dream that tea?
After seeing programmes discussing this Brit Awards years later on where it went wrong, I think the general consensus was that Sam Fox got thrown under the bus a little bit (probably as she was a blonde, big boobed page 3 girl, easy to blame her and treat her like a blonde bimbo, although she had pink hair for the occasion). Mick was a complete nightmare and was as stiff as a board. At least Sam had a bit of personality about her and tried to make light of a bad situation

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I remember watching it. The cringe was off the scale. It was back when the Brits were more of an event and worth watching.

Reactions: 15
They might not have been so twattish all the time if they hadn't been helping the economy of Columbia so much.....
I remember watching a programme and Mick Fleetwood and John McVie admitted to be complete twats spunking their money on individual limos and insisting on oxygen canisters to breathe clean air (or something like that). Even they were killing themselves laughing at what idiots they’d been 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not disilimilar to Abba who had their wives singing break up songs whilst divorcing them.
exactly - the winner takes it all is such a cruel song when you consider the circumstances and timing of it! i can’t believe they had the two women sing it.

Reactions: 22
They were basically writing songs to slag each other off and making each other sing them weren't they?
Yes, and it gave us one of the best albums ever, Rumours!

When they were recording it, two couples within the band had just broken up.

The ex couples, Christine & John McVie, and Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham weren’t speaking to each other outside of their work on the music, and Mick Fleetwood had just found out his wife had been having an affair with his best friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
exactly - the winner takes it all is such a cruel song when you consider the circumstances and timing of it! i can’t believe they had the two women sing it.
It was mainly Agnetha who sang The Winner Takes It All, released not long after her divorce from Bjorn

Even the video is sad where in some parts she looks unhappy while the other 3 are laughing together

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I think the Beatles behaved very much like young men with ready access to drugs, adulation and no consequences. I don’t mean that to excuse them at all. I think they benefited in lasting reputation from being seen through the historical lens of Nice Boys to the Stones Bad.

But I do think they made some cracking music. Not all of it, but there are some fantastic tunes in there.
They were just as badly behaved as The Stones, it was just covered up and they were seen as the more clean cut of the two. The Stones revealed in their reputation as the bad boy alternative. They were all so scarily young when you look at it now. All in their early 20’s when they became globally famous. Mad really.

Reactions: 11
It was mainly Agnetha who sang The Winner Takes It All, released not long after her divorce from Bjorn

Even the video is sad where in some parts she looks unhappy while the other 3 are laughing together
oh really? i assumed it was both - that makes it even crueller :(

it’s also the fact that the lyrics imply that she’s still pining for him a bit (“tell me does she kiss the way i used to kiss you” etc) which seemed especially mean to me.

Reactions: 8
oh really? i assumed it was both - that makes it even crueller :(

it’s also the fact that the lyrics imply that she’s still pining for him a bit (“tell me does she kiss the way i used to kiss you” etc) which seemed especially mean to me.
The video with hindsight was awful, she looked like an exclusion from the clique. Then again the Swedes are known to be progressive, maybe the mindset was a broken marriage wasn't that much of a deal.

Reactions: 7
They were just as badly behaved as The Stones, it was just covered up and they were seen as the more clean cut of the two. The Stones revealed in their reputation as the bad boy alternative. They were all so scarily young when you look at it now. All in their early 20’s when they became globally famous. Mad really.
Yeah, that was what I meant! It’s just that they were painted as the nice boys your mum could approve of, instead of the Stones and their wild reputation.

Reactions: 3
I dont think any of Fleetwood Mac were completely non-twatish. As a couple of them have admitted, iirc.
I think everyone in FM except possibly Christine McVie was guilty of being a bit of a twit! I’m fascinated by the groups dynamics and everything that happened in the 70s and 80s. There’s a live recording of The Chain on YouTube, made when Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham were at the peaks of their drug/alcohol addictions and their relationship was in the midst of breaking down and it is INTENSE. You almost feel like you shouldn’t be watching as it’s so personal and intimate. Absolutely gutted I never got to see them live.
---
They were basically writing songs to slag each other off and making each other sing them weren't they?
Yes pretty much! Some incredible songs though 👌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There’s a live recording of The Chain on YouTube, made when Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham were at the peaks of their drug/alcohol addictions and their relationship was in the midst of breaking down and it is INTENSE. You almost feel like you shouldn’t be watching as it’s so personal and intimate.
Glad someone mentioned that performance, I find it absolutely fascinating, it's A LOT to watch!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.