Secret Celebrity Gossip #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
John Lennon and Yoko sitting in their fur coats is the repulsive image I think of when I think of Lennon.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Tbh I think I hating Imagine is a pretty common thing. That kind of mawkishness is very polarising.

Reactions: 12
Tbh I think I hating Imagine is a pretty common thing. That kind of mawkishness is very polarising.
There is a song on the Imagine album called 'How do you sleep?'. It is basically a teenage whinge of Lennon against McCartney. There is a clip of an outtake of the song where Lennon sings 'How do you sleep at night you bleep?'. It is the biggest load of tripe any ex-Beatle recorded and that's including The Frog Song, Mull of Kintyre and anything by the Travelling Wilburys.

Ringo actually visited Lennon during the session and told him to stop, so it could have been even worse.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
It is actually Agnetha’s favourite Abba song. She told the Mail on Sunday in 2013 ‘Björn wrote it about us after the breakdown of our marriage. The fact that he wrote it exactly when we divorced is touching really’ she explained. ‘It was fantastic to do that song because I could put in such feeling. I didn’t mind sharing it with the public. It didn’t feel wrong. There is so much in that song. It was a mixture of what I felt and Björn felt, but also what Benny and Frida went through.’
Did I dream it or did the Daily Mail try to imply Agnetha and Bjorn were getting close again quite recently? It would be nice to think they had at least made peace with each other. I know Bjorn has had health issues.

Everyone probably knows the awful tale of Agnetha having a fling with the obsessive Dutch fan, Gert van der Graf (and he is not a pretty sight) - think it was 1997? He alleged Agnetha was stilll very bitter about the break up with Bjorn, even then. I suspect Agnetha (who was pretty much agoraphobic at the time) was very fragile emotionally.

The obsessed Dutch forklift truck driver who became Abba star Agnetha Faltskog's lover | Daily Mail Online

• Sad
Reactions: 6
John Lennon and Yoko sitting in their fur coats is the repulsive image I think of when I think of Lennon.
The man who wrote "imagine there's no posessions" who had a whole separate air conditioned flat* for his collection of furs.

*Or possibly a closet see screenshot below from a Daily Mail article from 2015 with Elton throwing magnificent shade:
Screenshot_20230521-202500_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
There is a song on the Imagine album called 'How do you sleep?'. It is basically a teenage whinge of Lennon against McCartney. There is a clip of an outtake of the song where Lennon sings 'How do you sleep at night you bleep?'. It is the biggest load of tripe any ex-Beatle recorded and that's including The Frog Song, Mull of Kintyre and anything by the Travelling Wilburys.

Ringo actually visited Lennon during the session and told him to stop, so it could have been even worse.
Didn't Lennon put a brick through McCartney's window once?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Weakest tea imaginable, but I used to work with someone from The Salon 😂
It was a few years after the show and she was lovely!

Reactions: 10
What about all the conspiracy theories that Paul was killed in a car crash in the late 60s and he was replaced with a look a like 🙈🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Some barely tepid tea but a few days ago I was stood next to Paul Gascoigne at a pedestrian crossing. He’d just come out of a bar and was being held up by a very glam lady in her 40s. Not sure how much of the state he was in should be attributed to his general poor health but he looked absolutely wankered. He was completely glazed over, trying to walk out into the road - in the end the doorman of the bar came and held on to him until it was safe to cross. He was very skinny and looked like an old man. Very sad to see.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Weakest tea imaginable, but I used to work with someone from The Salon 😂
It was a few years after the show and she was lovely!
I never saw the show, but a friend married a lady who’d been on it. They were a fabulous couple and he sadly died very young two years ago

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I remember having a big crush on the one back row third from left. I was only a young teen at the time

aHBAkULUZi4rqc3mOpmeGhCye7d.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My 2 'The Salon' memories are Ricardo, & then 2 of them had a date at TGI's & the Woman had Chicken Fingers.
Yeah no idea why that memory stuck

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Did I dream it or did the Daily Mail try to imply Agnetha and Bjorn were getting close again quite recently? It would be nice to think they had at least made peace with each other. I know Bjorn has had health issues.

Everyone probably knows the awful tale of Agnetha having a fling with the obsessive Dutch fan, Gert van der Graf (and he is not a pretty sight) - think it was 1997? He alleged Agnetha was stilll very bitter about the break up with Bjorn, even then. I suspect Agnetha (who was pretty much agoraphobic at the time) was very fragile emotionally.

The obsessed Dutch forklift truck driver who became Abba star Agnetha Faltskog's lover | Daily Mail Online
I think there’s going to be a documentary on Gert van der Graf soon. I can’t imagine what Agnetha was thinking to get involved with him. As you say, she was probably very fragile at that time. As for Björn and Agnetha, they will always be connected through their children and grandchildren and are on good terms, but as far as I’m aware Björn has a relatively new partner called Christina after splitting from his wife of around 40 years.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.