Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of Britpop - it seems to have been written into the documentaries now that Elastica were the biggest thing since sliced bread when it was all going on. Were they really that big at the time? I'm not sure if it's just a bit of a reinvention of it all.
I remember their album going straight in at no. 1 and that being quite a big deal for a short period, but I don't think they ever in the same league as Blur/Pulp/Oasis etc

Reactions: 20
Talking of Britpop - it seems to have been written into the documentaries now that Elastica were the biggest thing since sliced bread when it was all going on. Were they really that big at the time? I'm not sure if it's just a bit of a reinvention of it all.
I thought that - maybe it was because i didn't live in London in those days? They got into a lot of trouble for ripping off the Stranglers and another band (pretty sure they had to pay The Stranglers royalties after that), and the Connection video is a massive rip of The Beloved's Sweet Harmony.

Reactions: 5
Can’t be the only one getting Pedro Pascal fatigue? I like him and I think he’s talented but he’s EVERYWHERE right now. Feel like I can’t escape him. Worried he’s gonna get over exposed and forgotten about as so often happens with flavours of the moment being rammed down our throats.

Reactions: 15
Anybody see the Helen Mirren film,the cook,the wife and her lover?
I see it when it first came out,it was quite violent.Really weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know he got slated for his grumpy red carpet interview last week but I do enjoy his self deprecating humour. I feel his humour doesn’t work well in the US, maybe he should’ve played nice for the interviewer but I love that This is his favourite film. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I know he got slated for his grumpy red carpet interview last week but I do enjoy his self deprecating humour. I feel his humour doesn’t work well in the US, maybe he should’ve played nice for the interviewer but I love that This is his favourite film. 😁

Bloody love him!

Wasn't at all interested in floppy-haired stammering 90s-era Hugh - grumpy, sweary Hugh and his self-deprecating humour is basically the dream! 😍 Plus his films are bloody good nowadays (ep Paddington 2 and The Gentleman)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I was a young teen at the time. It was literally Blur, Oasis, Pulp and Supergrass. That’s it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was a young teen at the time. It was literally Blur, Oasis, Pulp and Supergrass. That’s it.
I remember at school, girls were either into Sleeper or Elastica. It seemed mandatory to take a side like Blur & Oasis.

I chose Elastica as 'Connection' was a banger and that inbetweener song was crap! (IMO obviously). I just loved Suede and Radiohead as I was a bit pretentious - hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 15
David Furnish looks awful here. Wonder if Walliams was the third party in the marriage? Well known they are open …. gay men can never keep it in our pants 🤦🏼‍♂️😬

Elton has famously admitted to being a voyeur rather than a participant for much of his life, so it definitely fits!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Elastica were very rated by the music press, from memory, and they stood out because they were female with a bit of a harder edge. Justine had a presence, I think, and there was the fallout with her leaving Brett Anderson for Damon Albarn.

ETA: Connection is still a fantastic track.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Also a teen at that time. Blur, Pulp, Suede for me. Loved Elastica but not the same league. As a 14yr old in 1994 I strongly disliked Oasis. Happy to say my opinion has never changed.

Reactions: 14
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Elton has famously admitted to being a voyeur rather than a participant for much of his life, so it definitely fits!
Interesting!!!! Why they needed to injunction who knows. Hardly a surprise if a gay couple go 3 ways is it. Only sex at the end of the day. And DF is billed as a v hung Daddy type online I’ve heard.

Oh the lives of the Rich and Famous eh 😂 I’m just jealous 😌 Time for fish fingers and chips now 😂
---
54 my arse! Her IQ probably…
Someone must know when she was born 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Justine was shagging the lead singer of Blur and Suede. Elastica were OK nothing special imo. I like Blur. Hate Oasis. bleeping love Suede and Pulp

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Also a teen at that time. Blur, Pulp, Suede for me. Loved Elastica but not the same league. As a 14yr old in 1994 I strongly disliked Oasis. Happy to say my opinion has never changed.

‘As a 14 year old in 1994’ has made me feel older than dirt 😭
I always think I’m young and sprightly and then read things like this and I’m like OH GOD I REALLY AM A bleeping PENSIONER 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Elastica were very rated by the music press, from memory, and they stood out because they were female with a bit of a harder edge. Justine had a presence, I think, and there was the fallout with her leaving Brett Anderson for Damon Albarn.

ETA: Connection is still a fantastic track.
14 year old me was very jealous she was going out with Damon 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.