Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody love him!

Wasn't at all interested in floppy-haired stammering 90s-era Hugh - grumpy, sweary Hugh and his self-deprecating humour is basically the dream! 😍 Plus his films are bloody good nowadays (ep Paddington 2 and The Gentleman)
I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves him!😂

Reactions: 11
I remember at school, girls were either into Sleeper or Elastica. It seemed mandatory to take a side like Blur & Oasis.

I chose Elastica as 'Connection' was a banger and that inbetweener song was crap! (IMO obviously). I just loved Suede and Radiohead as I was a bit pretentious - hahaha
Oh, I loved Sleeper ha. Always wanted Louise Wener's hair but never had the guts to get it cut. Inbetweener came on the radio the other day and I was chuffed I remembered all the words 😆 The bleak af lyrics went completely over my head as a teenager though

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know he got slated for his grumpy red carpet interview last week but I do enjoy his self deprecating humour. I feel his humour doesn’t work well in the US, maybe he should’ve played nice for the interviewer but I love that This is his favourite film. 😁

I did wonder if he was just very deadpan in the interview. I didn't think he came across as rude, just amusing (well I laughed anyway). The clip I saw was very short though so perhaps it wasn't the whole thing.

Reactions: 2
Went to watch Suede last week. Brett has so much stage presence. 😍 Knackers me out just watching him 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Justine was shagging the lead singer of Blur and Suede. Elastica were OK nothing special imo. I like Blur. Hate Oasis. bleeping love Suede and Pulp
She had an affair also with Liam G, right? While in a relationship with Albarn? (#teamblur, by the way)

Reactions: 1
Bloody love him!

Wasn't at all interested in floppy-haired stammering 90s-era Hugh - grumpy, sweary Hugh and his self-deprecating humour is basically the dream! 😍 Plus his films are bloody good nowadays (ep Paddington 2 and The Gentleman)
I hear you!. This was me exactly. Four Weddings Hugh 🤢 but old, grey, wrinkled, grumpy Hugh is fab.

I still think he was just being obtuse for the sake of it in the interview but how can you not love a man who says The Sound of Music is his favourite film.

Reactions: 13
She had an affair also with Liam G, right? While in a relationship with Albarn? (#teamblur, by the way)
Did she? 😲

There's a bit in Pearl Lowes book when she mentions a couple that appear at her house one morning looking for smack. Pretty sure it's Damon and Justine

Reactions: 6
I always preferred Blur as well back then. Parklife is still an absolute banger of a tune. Around the same time I discovered The Beatles for the first time and couldn’t how much Oasis blatantly ripped them off. From a media perspective they were the gift that kept on giving though. I quite Liam now. I heard him Radio 2 a while back and was shocked at how articulate he was. Noel is very pretentious these days where as Liam is just Liam.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Talking of Britpop, this is quite good.

As for bands I prefered Massive Attack, Suede and Radiohead to Blur or Oasis, then Portishead and Faithless.

Reactions: 11
I hear you!. This was me exactly. Four Weddings Hugh 🤢 but old, grey, wrinkled, grumpy Hugh is fab.

I still think he was just being obtuse for the sake of it in the interview but how can you not love a man who says The Sound of Music is his favourite film.
The fact he was referencing Thackeray’s Vanity Fair was legendary. Poor Ashley stood no chance

Reactions: 9
Any ideas who this could be?

Which noted Britpop shagger has been getting her lawyers to send out legal complaints to any writers she catches describing a previous relationship as a "brief fling"? (She wants it on record that they were "committed".)
An Appleton?

Reactions: 4
This is the best doc I've seen on Britpop - from 2002 so it's like the hangover years after. They all still didn't like each other at this point

Reactions: 5
I remember their album going straight in at no. 1 and that being quite a big deal for a short period, but I don't think they ever in the same league as Blur/Pulp/Oasis etc
Yes! At the time, their debut was the highest selling British debut album ever, I could be wrong, but I think the Arctic Monkeys broke that record. I loved Elastica at the time. I loved all the Britpop bands, as well as the trip hop scene that came about around the same time.

It was such an exciting time for a lot of genres of music music back then, as well as “Britpop” there were so many great indie bands, dance music was SO exciting In the 90s, it was evolving so quickly then became mainstream. And 90s American R&B is just golden to me. Then you had hiphop, grung

Back to Justine, she’s totally away from the limelight now, I think she lives in America and works as an artist. Years ago she lived with M.I.A. and helped get her career started!

Reactions: 16
Yes! At the time, their debut was the highest selling British debut album ever, I could be wrong, but I think the Arctic Monkeys broke that record. I loved Elastica at the time. I loved all the Britpop bands, as well as the trip hop scene that came about around the same time.

It was such an exciting time for a lot of genres of music music back then, as well as “Britpop” there were so many great indie bands, dance music was SO exciting In the 90s, it was evolving so quickly then became mainstream. And 90s American R&B is just golden to me. Then you had hiphop, grung

Back to Justine, she’s totally away from the limelight now, I think she lives in America and works as an artist. Years ago she lived with M.I.A. and helped get her career started!
I had such an eclectic taste in music in the 90s. What a time to be alive. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.